Thread: Argus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    No one is talking about Argus?
    we've been talking about argus for ages....

hell, currently there are several different threads discussing the same thing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    I think you're right. No way we're getting a full planet. An Island in 7.3. Rest of the planet in 8.0.
    i would do that like this, but i fear blizzard will just fuck argus up, argus deserve a full expansion..

it is , after all, the home planet of all draenei and there is a big lore about sargeras turning the eredar in demon and making the others fly away from them, becoming the draenei we know today

.. i mean..argus has a big potential lore about it, it will be mindbreaking if blizzard just do a small island of it and nothing else
    Last edited by kaintk; 2017-06-26 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Nothing like this is confirmed sofar, this is just a theory some ppl have atm, sofar we have not seen a keystone keeping a portal open forever.

You see the fucking Portal opening in that Badass Argus shot in the Cinematic...

On the sides, you can see Red things expanding...

THE SARGERITE KEYSTONE CREATED A PORTAL BETWEEN ARGUS/AZEROTH!

How can you NOT confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    it will be an island patch, 99% of players will dont care, but it is a shame to not do it a planet, why ? because ARGUS IS A PLANET and full of lore but no because blizzard are so lazy and fat since they became cash cow
    Its a fel ruin, what lore is surely left after a few milienia of that?

I think people are pretty burnt out on the legion theme or will likely be by the next expansion.

That's why I don't see us staying in Argus unless we do some magically cleansing thing that resets it back to how it once was (it's possible)
    Or we go back in time like WOD (more likely)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    They don't have to make the entire expansion with green fel and black rocks, they did the same thing with Legion, being the broken shores was the only Legion infested place for the most part. There could be some real places untouched by Fel they could explore, as a matter of fact they didn't show what's behind the planet.
    The planet is nearly dead, its a barren wasteland. Why would the main Legion world have ANY form of life on it outside of the Army of Light assault? You can see the whole planet, it is gone.

it will be an island patch, 99% of players will dont care, but it is a shame to not do it a planet, why ? because ARGUS IS A PLANET and full of lore but no because blizzard are so lazy and fat since they became cash cow
    Blizzard isn't doing it according to my retarded vision so they must be a fat and lazy cash cow. *throws toys out of the cot*

That is you buddy. That is what you sound like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Well, you tried at least.

Is there any point in assaulting Argus? Sargeras is not "on" the planet, I guess if there are tons of Legion generals there we can kill them all as Illidan has demon hardon, but do killing these generals do anything? If we get some old god lore/final boss that would really escalate the expansion.

Most I can see us doing this expansion is to create a beach front on Argus. Which would tie nicely into the next expansion. Or the one after the next one.

Lol. I genuinely can't believe there are people who still think they are going to make Argus the center of exploration for 8.0.

There's no way in hell we're spending another entire expansion with the Legion. Their story will be (at least for now) finished after Legion, where the focus is going to obviously shift to the new "ultimate evils" that have been introduced to us in legion, the Void Lords. Next expansion will probably be Old Gods or Azshara and the Naga or some combination of both. Either that, or it'll be entirely out of left field like Pandaria was.

But another Legion expansion? Right after the ultimate Burning Legion expansion titled "LEGION?" Yeah. Keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Lol. I genuinely can't believe there are people who still think they are going to make Argus the center of exploration for 8.0.

There's no way in hell we're spending another entire expansion with the Legion. Their story will be (at least for now) finished after Legion, where the focus is going to obviously shift to the new "ultimate evils" that have been introduced to us in legion, the Void Lords. Next expansion will probably be Old Gods or Azshara and the Naga or some combination of both. Either that, or it'll be entirely out of left field like Pandaria was.

But another Legion expansion? Right after the ultimate Burning Legion expansion titled "LEGION?" Yeah. Keep dreaming.
    I don't think Old Gods will be next. We may have Return of the Lich King first.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Are none of you sick of the Fel shit? It was everywhere in WoD and its everywhere in this expansion.

Argus is basically a completely Demonic planet now. It's been completely fucked up from what we know. I can definitely say that I hope this is the end of the Burning Legion after this expansion. I hope they are completely wiped out. Sick of them.

South Seas expansion next plz.
    I ask myself this question all the damn time. How on earth can anyone at this point want to spend ANOTHER 2 years after Legion killing more demons?

Like, look. I love demons and the fel and the burning legion. Green's my favorite color. But I'm sick of it. It's time for a new change of scenery and theme. There's more to World of Warcraft than the Legion and the Lich King. I wish some people would understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I don't think Old Gods will be next. We may have Return of the Lich King first.
    See my above comment.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-06-26 at 08:03 AM.

I ask myself this question all the damn time. How on earth can anyone at this point want to spend ANOTHER 2 years after Legion killing more demons?

Like, look. I love demons and the fel and the burning legion. Green's my favorite color. But I'm sick of it. It's time for a new change of scenery and theme. There's more to World of Warcraft than the Legion and the Lich King. I wish some people would understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

See my above comment.
    I know but people haven't fought the Scourge for 10 years [Wrath turns 10 next year]. With Sylvanas as Warchief and Anduin as High King they fit the theme so well and I honestly think this is the perfect opportunity for the LK to use the millions of people the Legion slaughtered to rebuild their army and return as a threat while N'zoth and Azshara build up their army.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I know but people haven't fought the Scourge for 10 years [Wrath turns 10 next year]. With Sylvanas as Warchief and Anduin as High King they fit the theme so well and I honestly think this is the perfect opportunity for the LK to use the millions of people the Legion slaughtered to rebuild their army and return as a threat while N'zoth and Azshara build up their army.
    I will even admit, I wouldn't mind it. I started in Wrath. I loved the snowy settings and the Lich King was a genuinely menacing enemy that I looked forward to being able to fight all expansion.

But the Warcraft universe is huge. If we keep just having expansions based on literally the same things we've already had expansions centered around, we'll never get to explore all those other points of focus in the Warcraft universe. MoP is still my favorite expansion because Blizzard built a ton of brand new lore from scratch and it ended up being rich and meaningful and most importantly...fresh. This game is over a dozen years old now. The story needs to evolve to something new or it's just going to get stale.

IF we did see a new Lich King expansion, I would most likely think Jaina would be involved...somehow. I dunno. She's been brewing something in the background and I want to see what she's been up to while everyone else fights the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would most likely think Jaina would be involved...somehow. I dunno. She's been brewing something in the background and I want to see what she's been up to while everyone else fights the Legion.
    Jaina will be a major character in the next expansion i imagine. Shes been dormant far too long after theramore that its time she returns in a big and powerful way. Lich Queen?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I expect zone like Suramar, both layout (city of Mac'Aree + bigger outdoor zone, some fel wasteland with Army of Light camp and Exodar flying around) and story (class campaigns are finished, so they can pull all manpower into main campaign).
    Yes, because developing a different story for 13 different classes and a mainstory to follow is so hard that every other competing MMO can do it.

I'm wondering when this excuse of "class campaigns took away from 7.2 storyline" will fade to the more blatantly obvious "We should have had both, especially for a raid patch."
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Fel kills worlds. It makes lands uninhabitable in months. It ruined life on Draenor in years. It boils away the oceans. It crumbles mountains.

Argus has been on fire for 25.000 years. So long, that 1/8th of the entire planet has collapsed in on itself already. And the rest isn't looking too great either. Nothing but demons is supposed to be able to live on a fel world.

Argus will have only 4 things of interest: 1. A felcursed alien land. 2. Small cleansed areas held by the Army of Light. 3. The city of Mac'Aree. 4. Endless demons.

Blizzard is making the right call, it giving us just a large patch there. It's been a fel planet for long enough for several cultures to rise and fall. Kil'Jaeden's words and the look of the planet make it clear that it's doomed to fall apart like any fel world. There's just not enough there to fill an interesting expansion with. We've even already killed all Eredar of note.

I certainly do not want another expansion about Draenei and Demons. But I have nothing to worry about. It's not going to be in our skyline forever. It's there to get blown up, mark my words.

We yet not know what blizz plans is for Argus

Could the next patch and final raid tier just be the scratching the surface of argus and the next xpac is the whole planet?

Who knows we can only speculate at this point!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Yes, because developing a different story for 13 different classes and a mainstory to follow is so hard that every other competing MMO can do it.

I'm wondering when this excuse of "class campaigns took away from 7.2 storyline" will fade to the more blatantly obvious "We should have had both, especially for a raid patch."
    Well, of course you can say that they should always add brand new zone, 3 dungeons, raid and unique content for every class, but I'm more realistic. They created more content for 7.2 than for most other raid patches, but typical player with one char will see only half of it.

If "other competing MMO" have much more patch content, you can always vote with your wallet and play it instead.