Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Azeroth powers us up. We kill sargeras. N'zoth gets free because of it.
    And then we stop N'Zoth in a 5 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Such a pointless retcon, what was the reason for his soul being "free" to posess Mediv then? The whole thing actually made kinda sense before.
    The Sargeras Aegwynn fought was always just an Avatar, containing but a sliver of Sargeras' spirit. It's why it was summoned by a band of demons, instead of requiring gigantic portals through the use of magic wells and artifacts. Granted, we've only just found out just how much greater the true Sargeras really is. We now know his true self is as tall as a planet. But the reason why a group of random demons had the might to summon Sargeras himself, why Sargeras could hide away within Aegwynn, and why he had to guide and manipulate Medivh rather than just replacing his will outright, is because this was but the tiniest portion of the true Sargeras.

Sargeras has a soul that is shaped by an entire world. He doesn't need to risk his full essence and power to make his will known in a host on the other side of the universe. Just a portion will do.

And honestly, I prefer it that way. The same way I prefer us blowing up his main Titan body. Because a lesser Sargeras that has to use his mind and cunning, is an interesting villain. Which he was, in his scheme with Aegwynn and Medivh. But he only relied on schemes like that because he couldn't be there in person. If he could, he could rip our world to shreds with his bare hands. I prefer a Sargeras forced to play it smart.

It's why our only hope is to face him on Argus. A planet vital enough to him that he can't just flatten us and the city we stand within, with his fist, for it would destroy his own property. Argus is too vital to the Burning Legion to sacrifice, just to kill some heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    All members of The Burning Legion transcend time and space. There is only 1 of anyone related to The Burning Legion.
    No he cannot!!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sargeras is a titan first and foremost. #Argus knows
    https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_afra...19158681432064
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    uh, the part he wants to use on azeroth would still on the argus side my dude. he's got a sword he wants to use on her, and it's not made of metal. i wish i was joking about this.

i actually kinda think illidan might use this rift as a trap for sargeras. he's lured here by it, and as he tries to come through, it collapses on him, hurting him badly or maybe even killing his physical form. we spend all our time on argus setting up a complex spell to make it explode, illidan detonates argus on whatever is left of his body on the arugs side of the rift.
    If you mean that Sargeras seems to be "in love" with Azeroth, then no.

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his.
    "Enraptured" simply means "extremely delighted." It's not the same as infatuated. Sargeras was delighted to find a world-soul in Azeroth, so he could corrupt it.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post

"Enraptured" simply means "extremely delighted." It's not the same as infatuated. Sargeras was delighted to find a world-soul in Azeroth, so he could corrupt it.
    "Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts."

"and most importantly, his."

that's obsessive infatuation.

"Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts."

"and most importantly, his."

that's obsessive infatuation.
    That's not really how English works.

Sargeras has been possessive and obsessive about the entire universe. He wants to corrupt everything with fel so the Void Lords can't corrupt it with void - this is made clear. Azeroth is simply the first world he has encountered with a world-soul that wasn't the Pantheon itself. It's also one of the few worlds that has stood (mostly) triumphantly against everything that's been thrown at it.

Furthermore, it's made a clear point in Chronicle Vol. 1 that the Pantheon wanted Azeroth to mature so she could fight the Void Lords. Aman'Thul brought this up to Sargeras moments before he killed them. The term "Burning Crusade" correlates to Sargeras using the Burning Legion to scour the universe for planets to corrupt, and to find Azeroth itself. It states in Chronicle that he doesn't want Azeroth to be corrupted by the Void Lords (through the Old Gods) as well. Of course he wants another Titan world-soul as the greatest weapon in his galactic, time-defying army. Azeroth's natives have also rejected him and his army three times by now, of course he can't stop thinking about the planet - he's shown to be a sore loser for these types of things.

Besides all of that, we're never shown anything about Titan relationships. They have no need for such things. They can make life from clumps of dirt, and world-souls either exist or do not exist since the beginning of existence. Considering the fact that a world-soul is basically a developing unborn baby, I doubt Blizzard would ever truly switch from Sargeras being enraptured to infatuated.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

That's not really how English works.

Sargeras has been possessive and obsessive about the entire universe. He wants to corrupt everything with fel so the Void Lords can't corrupt it with void - this is made clear. Azeroth is simply the first world he has encountered with a world-soul that wasn't the Pantheon itself. It's also one of the few worlds that has stood (mostly) triumphantly against everything that's been thrown at it.

Furthermore, it's made a clear point in Chronicle Vol. 1 that the Pantheon wanted Azeroth to mature so she could fight the Void Lords. Aman'Thul brought this up to Sargeras moments before he killed them. The term "Burning Crusade" correlates to Sargeras using the Burning Legion to scour the universe for planets to corrupt, and to find Azeroth itself. It states in Chronicle that he doesn't want Azeroth to be corrupted by the Void Lords (through the Old Gods) as well. Of course he wants another Titan world-soul as the greatest weapon in his galactic, time-defying army. Azeroth's natives have also rejected him and his army three times by now, of course he can't stop thinking about the planet - he's shown to be a sore loser for these types of things.

Besides all of that, we're never shown anything about Titan relationships. They have no need for such things. They can make life from clumps of dirt, and world-souls either exist or do not exist since the beginning of existence. Considering the fact that a world-soul is basically a developing unborn baby, I doubt Blizzard would ever truly switch from Sargeras being enraptured to infatuated.
    sargeras didn't want to corrupt everything to fel. he wants to destroy literally everything, and kill all other world souls. azeroth is the one world soul that changed his mind on that, just from seeing her eye.

there's no other way for me to read all of that than obsessive infatuation. it's love in the twisted sense that fel creates, obsessed desire.

hentai tags: rape, mindbreak, corruption, loli
    taking old gods into consideration you shouldn't forget about the tentacles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    taking old gods into consideration you shouldn't forget about the tentacles
    Someone lock this thread fast before it gets wild... xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And then we stop N'Zoth in a 5 man.
    Solo scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It's probably impossible to kill Sargeras permanently. Even the regular Titans hurled their soul across the universe to try and find a new host body when they were destroyed.
    They may have failed, but unlike them, Sargeras is actually an expert at possession. It took even a sliver of his spirit to possess Medivh and use him like a pawn. If we destroy Sargeras's true planet-sized body (by blowing up Argus when he shows up there, for example) there is no way we won't see him again, in some diminished form, in the future still.

Worse, with Illidan's portal to Azeroth open, Sargeras could hurl his spirit to Azeroth easily, if we destroy him in 7.3, and find a suitably powerful host there.
    Has it been confirmed that he is planet sized or, are you just going by some image? If your source is an image it doesn't mean anything. Picture below as an example.

King George and Napoloen cutting the world with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Has it been confirmed that he is planet sized or, are you just going by some image? If your source is an image it doesn't mean anything. Picture below as an example.
    This has actually been confirmed, yes. Titans are living planets. The Titans are beings too large to directly interact with worlds without risking damage to them, most of the time. And Sargeras did indeed swing his (currently destroyed) sword to destroy an Old God-corrupted planet.

Most pictures of Sargeras show him to me much much smaller in size. More along the lines of Archimonde. But it's been made clear that these are but avatars of his true self. Which, like all Titans, is a living world.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a reason why Sargeras was not seen with a full body for quite a while. After all, KJ just phoned his soul, not whole body.
    I don't know what happened to his body, but Legion lost Archimonde and KJ as main leaders. If we prevent Sargeras from ever obtaining a body, his soul can float in the universe for eternity without any real danger.
    Thing is that Sargeras can't possess just anyone, because the power would probably tore the host apart. Aegwynn was the guardian. Medivh as well and it took him out for a while because he was not ready. Illidan would be host only because Sargeras himself infused him with fel power during War of the Ancients.

In current state, he's alone, maybe without a body, lacking his top-most commanders and the Legion might as well be close to falling into complete chaos.

Hes still immortal. How do you kill something thats immortal?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    he is immortal only in that he doesn't die from age.

as he proved by killing the pantheon, titans can be killed.

i don't think we should be the ones to do it. manifest azeroth should.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Weren't the other Titans killed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    This has actually been confirmed, yes. Titans are living planets. The Titans are beings too large to directly interact with worlds without risking damage to them, most of the time. And Sargeras did indeed swing his (currently destroyed) sword to destroy an Old God-corrupted planet.

Most pictures of Sargeras show him to me much much smaller in size. More along the lines of Archimonde. But it's been made clear that these are but avatars of his true self. Which, like all Titans, is a living world.
    It has? I take back what I said then!

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    It has? I take back what I said then!
    this is his actual size. no metaphor, none of that. this is him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on Sargeras... read the tips on login ... Everything in moderation, even world of warcraft!
    Hi

Bet Argus has Titan/Demon World Machine, like Azeroth does. We destroy it beyond full repair, now demons can die elsewhere, so Sargeras is made to play ball.
    it's said it's Sargeras himself that brings the most powerful lieutenant's back, but it's not like he is sitting around all day brining back Magtheridon and Varirathmas back to life.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs