Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So just because something hasn't happen before doesn't mean it can't happen now.......

Nice logic there.

Like I said before any other company and people would want to burn them at the cross. But this is Nintendo so clearly they didn't cut content....why would they do that......
    It's more logical than saying "This is my opinion, ergo it must be it".

Especially when it comes to Nintendo, which multiple people are more than happy to repeatedly bash for being too "stuck in the past", so there's no reason to see why they would drastically change suddenly on this point, especially when yet again, the past clearly shows otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The game was clearly not finished by Nintendo standards. There is a reason it was listed as a blanket "2017" date, because they weren't confident in it being a launch title. You can get the same feeling from the interviews with Aonuma that it was out of his hand that the game had to be finished and out for launch, and was clearly released before he wanted to.

If this is not obvious from a NINTENDO game of all things needing multiple patches to fix glitches and performance then I'm not sure anything will ever be obvious to Nintendo koolaid drinkers.

The DLC 100% is shit that he wanted in the original game but didn't have time to make before Nintendo mandated the game being finished. It's all shit that fits perfectly in with the game, clearly not last minute ideas to churn a buck on DLC.

I'm not faulting Nintendo for what they did, the Switch launch literally needed this game but what's obvious is well obvious...
    The extra difficulty mode along with the Trial of the Sword? Yeah, that fits along with past Zelda games of being stuff that's in the game normally (Although I will point out again, I think this extra difficulty does go a bit above the past ones, but not by much from what we've seen so far, unless they give bosses whole new phases or something).

DLC Pack 2 though, with the extra story about the Champions? Hasn't been anything like that in the past, so I don't see why it would be considered "dropped", or "Perfectly fitting in".
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-06-26 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    so there's no reason to see why they would drastically change suddenly on this point
    Literally the head of the company changed?

Not a reason to think changes where made?

What in the hell did I just read?

With Iwata in charge I'm 100% confident in saying Switch and Zelda don't launch until holiday 2017. Maybe not even til 2018 on Zelda as they would of had mario to carry the launch, and more time to polish and make Zelda a complete game.

It's not an Iwata move to care so much about the bottom line to rush a last minute launch at the very end of the quarter. He would of just taken a pay cut to make up the loss.

Mario was probably closer to finished as creators intended in March then Zelda was. Zelda was the one pushed out though because a Wii U version was promised and it made no sense to continue development on Wii U games from a financial PoV. Iwata wouldn't have gave a shit about that though.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-26 at 05:38 AM.

Literally the head of the company changed?

Not a reason to think changes where made?

What in the hell did I just read?
    You read something that ignored literally everything else.

Also the head of the company was changed to...someone who's been with Nintendo for 16 years now? And is from a similar generation as Iwata?

It's not like some new, 30 year old employee took over and drastically changed everything.

You read something that ignored literally everything else.

Also the head of the company was changed to...someone who's been with Nintendo for 16 years now? And is from a similar generation as Iwata?

It's not like some new, 30 year old employee took over and drastically changed everything.
    The head of the company was changed to a guy who is primarily a business man.

The previous head of the company was primarily a gamer and game developer.

Major fucking difference.

The head of the company was changed to a guy who is primarily a business man.

The previous head of the company was primarily a gamer and game developer.

Major fucking difference.
    Okay, then yet again, I point you towards the fact that there's still no major changes from the past games. The only things that come close to "cut" would be the Trial of the Sword, and the extra hard mode.

Such a major difference though, that people are still slamming Nintendo for making archaic decisions like the past?

Okay, then yet again, I point you towards the fact that there's still no major changes from the past games. The only things that come close to "cut" would be the Trial of the Sword, and the extra hard mode.

Such a major difference though, that people are still slamming Nintendo for making archaic decisions like the past?
    Its almost like people don't want Nintendo to make all the choices the current company's do....Just the good ones.

Nintendo has even openly admitted they have made The Switch platform the way they have so company's can sell DLC and shit.

Why do you think Nintendo wouldn't do the same? Why do you think Nintendo wouldn't go to that well at all?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh and clearly ignore BoTW was probably the worst performing and most buggy game that has ever released from an internal Nintendo studio?

Yea, keep believing this was business as usual at Nintendo. Even Aonuma basically said he was told "game needs to be done in march, oh and BTW need a switch version too GL".

Shit was rushed, shit was cut. That is obvious.

Its almost like people don't want Nintendo to make all the choices the current company's do....Just the good ones.
    Okay...?

I'm not debating that, I'm debating the claim that the new president has managed to change a game that's been in development since 2013 to make content into DLC, when he took over in mid-2015.

I don't find it likely. Especially with Pack 2 being content that is not like most Zelda games to have. Pack 1 I'll admit is iffy though.

Oh and clearly ignore BoTW was probably the worst performing and most buggy game that has ever released from an internal Nintendo studio?

Yea, keep believing this was business as usual at Nintendo. Even Aonuma basically said he was told "game needs to be done in march, oh and BTW need a switch version too GL".

Shit was rushed, shit was cut. That is obvious.
    Are you going to get back to what I'm talking about, or are we gonna just beat around the bush?

I never claimed it wasn't buggy, or that it wasn't rushed.

I clearly said, and I'll repeat again, DLC pack 2 is not something that is "cut" content. Pack 1? Yeah, possibly. But not pack 2, which lets be honest, is the only pack possibly worth getting.

Okay...?

I'm not debating that, I'm debating the claim that the new president has managed to change a game that's been in development since 2013 to make content into DLC, when he took over in mid-2015.

I don't find it likely. Especially with Pack 2 being content that is not like most Zelda games to have. Pack 1 I'll admit is iffy though.
    Seeing how The Switch needed a launch title......

Ya its highly likely. Hell The Switch itself (while still IMO) was released half a year way too early.

If it was rushed that means shit got cut so it would meet the deadline. Happy we agree the shit was cut.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Are you going to get back to what I'm talking about, or are we gonna just beat around the bush?

I clearly said, and I'll repeat again, DLC pack 2 is not something that is "cut" content. Pack 1? Yeah, possibly. But not pack 2, which lets be honest, is the only pack possibly worth getting.
    You admit game was rushed yet claiming DLC that has to do with the base lore of the game wasn't cut? LOL.

No one is claiming it was "done" and cut from the game. It was cut specifically to get the game done and rush it out.

If it was rushed that means shit got cut so it would meet the deadline. Happy we agree the shit was cut.

Seeing how The Switch needed a launch title......

Ya its highly likely. Hell The Switch itself (while still IMO) was released half a year way too early.
    Except no Zelda games in the past have had an extra story just to explain the allies. Hell, Ezio, Fi, Navi, and Tatl are all far more involved in the story than any of the 4 Champions were, and all they got were brief cutscenes about their past.

The 4 champions already had their own individual "memories", and the ones leading up to Ganon's revival. If they never announced an extra story showing more about them as DLC, you would have never thought anything was missing.

Meanwhile, for Pack 1, it's very possible you could have looked back at like, Twilight Princess as an example (I believe Wind Waker had one too), and wondered why Breath of the Wild didn't have a fight based dungeon scenario.

You admit game was rushed yet claiming DLC that has to do with the base lore of the game wasn't cut? LOL.

No one is claiming it was "done" and cut from the game. It was cut specifically to get the game done and rush it out.
    Sometimes, I wonder if either of you are actually reading the posts.

Yet again, read the above section of this post.

And if you can name one Zelda game that purposely had an entire story line dedicated to a past event for allies you have, then by all means, do it.

And if you can name one Zelda game that purposely had an entire story line dedicated to a past event for allies you have, then by all means, do it.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask....

That Zelda had a fuck ton of back story on MANY characters.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask....
    ...I literally just used Tatl as an example.

They show her past with Tael in quick flashbacks.
    Never do they have a quest that you go out of your way to experience her past, and what she was doing before she met Skull Kid, or how she lived. It's just stated "Hey, we were traveling, and found a sad Skull Kid, and became friends".

That's it. That's literally all you get.

Can you name me one Zelda game that has you waking up from 100 years of sleep to remember what your friends did 100 years ago and finish the job?

This has to be the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard. If the DLC was as it's advertised "a new original story" it would be a new original story. Not clear and obvious backstory missing from the base game.

Literally 90% of the cut scenes in the game happen 100 years ago in the past but it has nothing to do with base game. LOL sure thing.

Can you name me one Zelda game that has you waking up from 100 years of sleep to remember what your friends did 100 years ago and finish the job?

This has to be the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard. If the DLC was as it's advertised "a new original story" it would be a new original story. Not clear and obvious backstory missing from the base game.
    Ocarina of Time had quite a bit of Time Traveling back and forth, yet never did you have to cover what happened while you were gone. There was no extra story of "What the heck were the Sages doing while Link was asleep"

Yet, I don't see you up in arms about that being "cut" from the game.

Also, yet again, never said "nothing to do with the game". I quite clearly said "no game before this has ever bothered to cover that as playable content".

That's it. That's literally all you get.
    You also get the back story of.

1) The farther (who had the mummy mask and his daughter)
    2) The butler to the duke king (you even see his son in the end cut scenes)
    3) The back story of the goron who's mask you get.
    4) The back story of the Couple's Mask.

And this list can keep going and going and going.

Your argument holds no weight, you asked for something and I delivered it.

You also get the back story of.

1) The farther (who had the mummy mask and his daughter)
    2) The butler to the duke king (you even see his son in the end cut scenes)
    3) The back story of the goron who's mask you get.
    4) The back story of the Couple's Mask.

And this list can keep going and going and going.
    None of those are main allies...

And even the ones who come close, are flashbacks, yet again. Nothing playable. It's the exact same thing that Breath of the Wild already has, you're shown what happened, and you accept it and move on.

None of those are main allies...

And even the ones who come close, are flashbacks, yet again. Nothing playable. It's the exact same thing that Breath of the Wild already has, you're shown what happened, and you accept it and move on.
    Gotta move that goal post don't ya. Can't admit when you are proven wrong. Majora's Mask gave you backstory on each main allies and if you want to ignore that and defend this by all means go for it.

Fucken sad a N64 game that is 17 year's old had more content then the current zelda....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And none of that is cut content. It is additional content that fleshes out the world and story more than any previous Zelda game. Give examples of similar content in Zelda games before this one if you want to make a point.
    I don't think you know what you are talking about. How about reading all the post's before replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And none of that is cut content. It is additional content that fleshes out the world and story more than any previous Zelda game.
    I know you don't actually believe what you post and just post to stir.

But with that said.

BoTW is by far the LEAST fleshed out world and story of any 3D Zelda game. the DLC won't change that. It's literally a Ubisoft tower game, without markers and little to no actual story or lore to be found.