Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Gotta move that goal post don't ya. Can't admit when you are proven wrong. Majora's Mask gave you backstory on each main allies and if you want to ignore that and defend this by all means go for it.

Fucken sad a N64 game that is 17 year's old had more content then the current zelda....
    I never moved the goal post.

You just took the goal post, spun it around a few times, flushed it down a toilet, and claimed you're right.

Which ironically, you proved my point. All ally backstories in past Zelda games have only been flashbacks. (And no, Anju is not a main ally. She never actually helps you beat the game, she's a side character).
    I'll even requote my first post, so you can see, it's exactly what I've said from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yet again, no Zelda game has ever involved traveling back in time to discover "Where it all started", or fleshed out the backstory of allies with a quest chain.
    Quest chain being the key part you know, since you seem to be under the impression that cutscenes are equivalent to what the DLC is going to consist of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    BoTW is by far the LEAST fleshed out world and story of any 3D Zelda game. the DLC won't change that. It's literally a Ubisoft tower game, without markers and little to no actual story or lore to be found.
    Funny enough, What little story it does have I was enjoying. Sadly the games systems kept getting in the way of me enjoying it. It did so many things I thought was cool, Until I released they just repeated them over and over.

......Sand seal......

- - - Updated - - -

Quest chain being the key part you know, since you seem to be under the impression that cutscenes are equivalent to what the DLC is going to consist of.
    You said and ill quote....
    And if you can name one Zelda game that purposely had an entire story line dedicated to a past event for allies you have, then by all means, do it.
    I gave you a Zelda where that's literally all it did.....

The only one moving goal posts now is you, Its clear you have trouble admitting you was wrong. It did more then "flash backs" its clear you didn't even play the game or if you did you didn't pay attention to it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You said and ill quote....

I gave you a Zelda where that's literally all it did.....

The only one moving goal posts now is you, Its clear you have trouble admitting you was wrong. It did more then "flash backs" its clear you didn't even play the game or if you did you didn't pay attention to it.
    Entire story line=/=Flashbacks.

Entire story line, based on, you know, the context of what we're talking about (That being DLC Pack 2), would mean a playable storyline.

Don't go blaming others for you missing the context. Side quests, which is most of what you mentioned, are irrelevant to the situation, and proves nothing.

I mean, you mentioned "The butler to the duke king (you even see his son in the end cut scenes)".

Literally WHAT backstory. He mentions his "son is missing" after you race him
    That is literally all. And then you see him in the credits. And you're honestly considering that proving something?

The Goron? You saw his ghost. He told you he failed, and asks you to put him to rest. Yet again, no indepth background. You find some out as you go around the Goron place, sure, but none of that is actually playing with the Goron being alive, actually witnessing what he did before.

The Mummy mask and the Couple's Mask? It's quite telling that the mask is more important than the actual characters. And even then, all the Couple's Mask does is let you get a piece of heart from the Mayor by wearing it when they're arguing, and let you get the Fierce Deity's Mask (Which, by the way, has absolutely no lore behind it. Could of had an entire extra dungeon to actually obtain the mask, that showed who it came from, and why, but nope).
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-06-26 at 06:25 AM.

--snip--
    I get it man, you can't accept you was proven wrong. Its ok it happens and in due time you will move on from this.

You asked for something and I delivered it. Like I said before IMO the DLC is cut content and why people seem surprised about that is beyond me. Maybe if people stop holding Nintendo to some kind of high standard they wouldn't be surprised.

Hope those who get it enjoy it. I know I won't be buying it...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I get it man, you can't accept you was proven wrong. Its ok it happens and in due time you will move on from this.

You asked for something and I delivered it. Like I said before IMO the DLC is cut content and why people seem surprised about that is beyond me. Maybe if people stop holding Nintendo to some kind of high standard they wouldn't be surprised.

Hope those who get it enjoy it. I know I won't be buying it...
    How about you try actually proving your point? Because you're certainly not right.

Yet again, read the post above, see how none of what you mentioned is relevant. You claim they are, I show you how they're not, and now you're just sitting there going "Well, it's not my fault you're wrong, you'll just have to accept it!".

And no, Breath of the Wild is just a lighter version of Horizon Zero Dawn, without the plot/mechanics. But nah, clearly I'm just holding Nintendo to some "high standard", which, by the way, makes no sense. If I held Nintendo to a high standard, I would be ripping them apart for even the smallest mistake.

How about you try actually proving your point? Because you're certainly not right..
    Whatever you need to tell yourself. I don't care to go back and forth on this any longer. Its cut content, your opinion on the matter means ZERO to me.

If this game was made by any other company and with a different title you and a few other posters here would bitch and moan about it.

But since its Nintendo, Nintendo can do no wrong.

Funny enough I don't even the hate (it takes a lot for me to hate a game) I just find it to be highly avarage and Nintendo to show how much greedy they have gotten over the years.

Funny enough.....I want that Majora's Mask tho. LOL. I would totally give them $2 for it

Whatever you need to tell yourself. I don't care to go back and forth on this any longer. Its cut content, your opinion on the matter means ZERO to me.

If this game was made by any other company and with a different title you and a few other posters here would bitch and moan about it.

But since its Nintendo, Nintendo can do no wrong.

Funny enough I don't even the hate (it takes a lot for me to hate a game) I just find it to be highly avarage and Nintendo to show how much greedy they have gotten over the years.

Funny enough.....I want that Majora's Mask tho. LOL.
    No, I wouldn't be. Why don't you go and find an example of me doing this, eh? I mean, I LITERALLY just insulted Breath of the Wild in the post you quoted, and you're insisting otherwise?

But you can continue to make vague claims without any proof, and claim that you're 100% right because of that, which is what you're doing yet again, right now.

Oh, and it's not my opinion, it's simple observations based on past Zelda games. Yours is the opinion.

Oh, and it's not my opinion, it's simple observations based on past Zelda games. Yours is the opinion.
    Past Zelda games didn't have DLC ether, Why do you think the current one would......

Oh wait because Nintendo has changed as a company and how they do business....

Shocker I know.

Yours is also a opinion, also I have said many times IMO...

IMO means In My Opinion in case you didn't know.

Past Zelda games didn't have DLC ether, Why do you think the current one would......

Shocker I know.
    And round and round we go.

Nothing about that changes anything about cut content in regards to DLC pack 2. I'm done here though, I have sleep to finally catch up on, and I don't want to spend that time finding out how you next claim you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because it's 2017. Welcome to the present video games industry.
    Yep welcome to it where Nintendo is just another company who cuts content and sells it.

That's not how it works. They produce additional content and charge people who actually want it for it so they can continue to make money off of their software as their profit margins aren't nearly as high as they once were. The cost of games has lagged far behind inflation and the production costs have continued to rise. Be happy you got the game you did for the price you did. If they were actually trying to be unscrupulous they'd have given you half that game at best.
    Ya you just keep on with the Nintendo defending. They sold cut content, I give no fuck's if you agree or not.

I'm done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also get the back story of.

1) The farther (who had the mummy mask and his daughter)
    2) The butler to the duke king (you even see his son in the end cut scenes)
    3) The back story of the goron who's mask you get.
    4) The back story of the Couple's Mask.

And this list can keep going and going and going.

Your argument holds no weight, you asked for something and I delivered it.
    This stuff is more in line with the BotW side-quest were you have to find the descendant of the Royal Horse...gives a little flavor to the world, but has fuck to do with the story mostly.
    But probably is that horse a mainally for you too.../shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    How is links outfit garbage?
    From my point of view, the look of the outfit is garbage, I only like the hat but the shorts....xD

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no evidence it was developed during main game production and then shifted to be sold with the expansion pass instead. If you did you'd have given it by now. Instead you just go, "Nope, cut content." And pout like a child. Good luck with that.

Oh, and I'm not defending Nintendo. I'm debating whether your position has any validity. I don't defend companies as I'm not a corporate lawyer or shill.
    The Hero's Path thing is 100% cut content. It stores specific locations that you've traveled to retroactively. There had to have been code already in place in the base game to be able to do that. Granted I've only recently begun programming, but I know enough to know that this feature had to have been partially implemented before launch.

Now, I can't prove that the Hard Mode was cut content, but it was surely easy to implement and should really not be sold as DLC.

Then there's the shady practice of them requiring you to buy both dlc packs in order to access either of them. Why not let people pick and choose which DLC to buy? This is worse than fucking EA's Season Passes because at least they let you buy shit separately.

Omg do you guys sleep lol? I can't believe the thread was dead for so long and I'm one night we get two pages of arguing.

Did I hurt your feelings or something? Yes its my opinion its cut content, But hey it took a lot of work for them to make a difficulty mode right...

I accuse Nintendo of cutting content and selling it later as DLC, I give no shits what you think about that.

Sorry that I don't praise this game the way you do. Its a average open world game at best IMO and if it had any other name on it besides Zelda people would tare it apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Block me and ignore it or keep crying.
    And yet you still bought the console and the game. After you cried and argued about the console and game for weeks. Best consumer 10/10

Also, it appears you don't know what an opinion is. That's a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are hilarious. None of this is cut content and your opinion that it is doesn't change that. Keep being angry at optional bonus content. I will go ahead and enjoy it because I can afford $20 and I like what it offers. This is after being extremely satisfied with the full base game.

I love when non-dev's say something should be easy. Shows how ignorant the average consumer is.
    ...wow you couldn't be more off base. I actually am a developer (in training). I've made 2 fully playable games with teams and am currently learning C++ during the summer (I already know Java).

I am telling you with my knowledge of programming that it is not possible for them to retroactively show you the paths you've taken without having some code implemented in the base game to store that information. Now, the feature may not have been ready for launch, but they still cut it from the base game and are now selling it as part of the DLC. This is not my opinion, this is a fact.

It is my opinion that they are being shady with this practice and even if Nintendo has done a lot of great things for the game industry and have historically been decently pro-consumer, that doesn't mean they get a pass on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    And yet you still bought the console and the game. After you cried and argued about the console and game for weeks. Best consumer 10/10

Also, it appears you don't know what an opinion is. That's a shame.
    Believe it or not someone can buy a console for many other reasons besides just playing one game. Also I didn't really have any negative to say about BOTW until after I played it.

You can also have negative things to say about something and still enjoy it.

Shocker I know.

Shocker I know.

Yours is also a opinion, also I have said many times IMO...

IMO means In My Opinion in case you didn't know.
    You mean Nintendo has finally started doing what other companies were making profit from?

DLC is a huge chunk of money for devs. Maybe when 0 people are buying DLCs then the companies will change their practice but well they aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice, I've been a developer for well over a decade. I can honestly tell you that for it to be cut content they would have had to plan on it being released with the game. The DLC was planned before the release of the game which allowed them to put systems into place to allow the DLC to function properly down the line. That doesn't indicate cut content, it indicates planned DLC. Try again.
    For any other game, I'd be inclined to believe you, but it's clear that BotW was rushed out for launch so the Switch would have something for people to play. As evidenced, like others have said, by the fact that it had a slew of problems and needed several patches (something that doesn't happen for Nintendo games).

And you still haven't refuted the absolutely anti-consumer season pass practices they are doing with this DLC. Or the fact that they are selling a hard mode (essentially NG+) when games like The Witcher 3 gave that shit away for free.