Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just right this moment, no. Generally speaking, though, yeah for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    What region? Mine is from udon thani originally but have been some time in denmark.
    Same, Udon Thani's in northern Isaan. She was from Maha Sarakham, central Isaan.

Apparently women from there have a bit of a negative reputation with other Thais.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Spot on. Bride Price was the first time serious cracks started in the relationship.

She essentially said I had to pay her Mother to marry her. And that my refusal showed I didn't respect her culture. I told her up until recently, Greeks used dowry, where the bride's family pays the groom's family. I told her we wouldn't do either and call it even that way, since if she insisted on an outdated bride price, I might as well insist on a dowry, so let's just call it even.

And communication was another issue. I won't say if it's culture or not, but conflict isn't something I shy away from. I can argue with someone over something and it doesn't ruin my day or my perception of them. But if we argued, she acted like the relationship was ruined. It was a weird situation where I thrived on conflict, and she wilted from it.

Not sure how that would go over with a Chinese girl. I had a co-worker from Singapore who kept saying she needed to find me a Chinese wife. Alas, that luckily never happened.
    LOL! My girlfriend once said while we were drinking that if I would cheat on her, she would cut my dick off when I was asleep. She's more than willing to argue back if there's any arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    LOL! My girlfriend once said while we were drinking that if I would cheat on her, she would cut my dick off when I was asleep. She's more than willing to argue back if there's arguments.
    But you're Danish, aren't Scandinavians less, uh, fiery than us Greeks/Italians/Latinxs? :P

But you're Danish, aren't Scandinavians less, uh, fiery than us Greeks/Italians/Latinxs? :P
    I don't know, I haven't met many from those countries so I have no experience.

Deleted
    More of a mixed bag.

Some good, some very good, and some have been bad.

But for some reason, Asians have been the only one I've gone snake-eyes on. Thai, Japanese, Korean (well, Korean-American), Filipino, and Indonesian. To be fair, the Japanese girl turned out to be mentally ill.
    could you be with a swedish girl? what about czech? estonian?
    Last edited by mmocff78b1feb2; 2017-06-26 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matoni View Post
    could you be with a swedish girl? what about czech?
    If our personalities fit, sure. I won't turn anyone down for a date if we find each other attractive and we find each others' company enjoyable. Just seem to run into problems over the long term. Could be me, or my choice in women, lol.

Deleted
    I am, but it could be better. It always can.

I have a decent enough job that pays really well (too well, bit of a golden cage). I've been thinking of changing jobs though so I can get a challenge in a field that actually contributes to something meaningful.
    I have my own place in the city center. It's good living there, everything very nearby. Lots of friend who live in a radius of hardly 3 kilometers.

I have several hobbies that I truly enjoy, like playing piano/guitar, learning Swedish, going to concerts and playing World of Warcraft. I have plenty of friends to share these passions with.

I don't have a SO in my life right now, which is fine. I came out of a 4 year relationship last February and I'm enjoying my freedom right now.

Life is good. It lacks a bit of purpose, but I'm content. There are days that I'm really torn over what I want to do with my life, where do I want to be in 5 years? I don't just want to 'live'. I want to have a purpose and contribute to something meaningful. That's lacking a bit right now and I need to change that soon. Over the course of this summer I'll do some soul searching and make my move. If you fail to plan you are planning to fail.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-06-26 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I am, but it could be better. It always can.

I have a decent enough job that pays really well (too well, bit of a golden cage). I've been thinking of changing jobs though so I can get a challenge in a field that actually contributes to something meaningful.
    I have my own place in the city center. It's good living there, everything very nearby. Lots of friend who live in a radius of hardly 3 kilometer.

I have several hobbies that I truly enjoy, like playing piano/guitar, learning Swedish, going to concerts and playing World of Warcraft. I have plenty of friends to share these passions with.

I don't have a SO in my life right now, which is fine. I came out of a 4 year relationship last February and I'm enjoying my freedom right now.

Life is good. It lacks a bit of purpose, but I'm content.
    why are you learning swedish? its such a useless language and you can get by with english in sweden

- - - Updated - - -

If our personalities fit, sure. I won't turn anyone down for a date if we find each other attractive and we find each others' company enjoyable. Just seem to run into problems over the long term. Could be me, or my choice in women, lol.
    maybe you should just do casual instead of long term?

Deleted
    Super successful academically, financially comfortable, lots of great friends, enough hobbies to keep my curious mind busy and active, live in what I think is the most beautiful city in the world, plans for the future...

Had a shit childhood and teenagehood, but got over that.

However. Feel like boy I am insanely in love with is about to shatter my heart in a million pieces.

I could do with a shit job and shit lifestyle if I had someone I love to love me back. I have all these great things that so many people crave yet without love I simply CANNOT be happy.

maybe you should just do casual instead of long term?
    That's what I'm doing now. Keeping things casual.

I'm focusing on work, saving for my house, and also planning for a new car. Maybe after that I'll look to settle down.

Deleted
    why are you learning swedish? its such a useless language and you can get by with english in sweden
    Because I want to and because it shows effort & interest from my side. My Swedish colleagues appreciate it immensely and when I visit my parents up north there's no way I get by with English.

As a Belgian I'm already fluent in Dutch, English and French, fairly fluent in German. Learning a new language, especially one so close to my own mother tongue, is always refreshing.

Deleted
    That's what I'm doing now. Keeping things casual.

I'm focusing on work, saving for my house, and also planning for a new car. Maybe after that I'll look to settle down.
    i meant casual relationships xD

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Because I want to and because it shows effort & interest from my side. My Swedish colleagues appreciate it immensely and when I visit my parents up north there's no way I get by with English.

As a Belgian I'm already fluent in Dutch, English and French, fairly fluent in German. Learning a new language, especially one so close to my own mother tongue, is always refreshing.
    You're lucky in that. Greek's an isolate language. Nothing close to help with learning other languages :P I envy folks who speak Germanic or Romance languages, much easier to learn a related language.

Deleted
    You're lucky in that. Greek's an isolate language. Nothing close to help with learning other languages :P I envy folks who speak Germanic or Romance languages, much easier to learn a related language.
    i speak english, swedish and some czech, can't seemingly learn more languages now :/

i speak english, swedish and some czech, can't seemingly learn more languages now :/
    It does get a little harder as you get older.. But maybe it's a matter of method?

I use a great app to work on languages, duolingo. It's not perfect, but for casual language study it does the job.

Deleted
    It does get a little harder as you get older.. But maybe it's a matter of method?

I use a great app to work on languages, duolingo. It's not perfect, but for casual language study it does the job.
    i am not so old xD last year of high school now, tried learning french and spanish but it dont stick

Deleted
    i really lost enjoyment in life and was struggling.

but then Brexit vote won, and Trump won.

Since then, my life has completely changed and i love life more than ever.

i am not so old xD last year of high school now, tried learning french and spanish but it dont stick
    I read that language-learning capability starts lessening after 8 years old. Or at least brain plasticity lessens a little.

Spanish didn't stick? But it's a fun language, dramatic, downright venomous when cursing, and sounds sexy on the right person :P But I'm biased, I lived in a Mexican neighborhood for years.

I'm not very happy no. Most of the things that make me unhappy are 100% in my control to change them though, for some reason I just have no motivation to do so.