Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    The difference is that anyone can do heroic and not anyone can do mythic. That's the point. It's not about "epeen stroking" it's about finding content that isn't piss easy designed for lobotomized retards who pretend like they're doing actual content when it was trivially cleared on the first day of release in worse gear than it drops while pretending that the harder difficulty is just the same except slightly harder.

It's like every other profession is only slightly more or different stuff to your chosen one, even if many are much harder and which you may be absolutely incapable of doing, but instead of actually understanding your own limitations and having a healthy understanding and outlook on life, you just say "no it's just different."

People like to pretend that mythic raiders are arrogant, but this kind of pretentious bullshit is one of the more arrogant things anyone might read on the subject. We're not arrogant because we have any pride at all in actual accomplishment, but you have no idea what this raid is like or any other because you have done a fraction of it and not a fraction that requires you to overcome literally any meaningful obstacle and yet you sit here and pretend like it's no big deal and there's nothing in there you haven't done. Hit a dictionary up, my friend.
    I didn't say that mythic raiders are arrogant. it would be stupid to qualify an entire raiding group's behavior as if the content they run changes the way they relate to others. I said that there is a suspiciously high amount of people on these forum that use the same "go mythic and go home" argument, and it has never resolved anything.
    Heroic is not for lobotomized retards, there's LFR for that, and it's a necessary evil. Like it or not, heroic is the step right behind mythic raiding, and so is the second highest challenge you could ask for. That is more than enough for the majority of the playerbase, it seems. And if that much is correct, heroic raids are the right criteria when it comes to threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    (off topic) Actually, in my opinion playing Witcher 3 below Death March don't give you full experience. On DM you must change your tactic for every type on enemy, know their weakness, what bomb/oil/potion use, etc. - it feel more like role-playing witcher.
    Of course the gameplay changes in Death March since you have to plan your moves, but would you tell someone they didn't really play the Witcher 3 after they put 150+ hours in Broken Bones difficulty, just because it isn't the highest? More likely they'd be annoyed or ignore the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think MMO-C should start flagging obvious 'e-Peen' threads as such .... OMFG I'm so good I did 7/10 HC ToS first time.

Some dudes climbed Mt Everest ... must mean climbing Mt Everest is easy.
    Kilian Jornet Summits Everest in Fastest Known Time
    The 29-year-old Spaniard continues breaking speed records on the world’s highest mountains

Ski mountaineer and ultrarunner Kilian Jornet set a new record for the fastest known alpine ascent of the world’s highest peak in the early hours of Monday morning, having climbed 11,429 feet to the top of Everest in a mere 26 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    There are guilds that were genuinely progressing NH HC. And couldn't kill pre-nerf guldan at 900 ilvl. I kid you not. And there will be guilds progressing ToS HC. At 910+ ilvl.
    Even more shocking news : these persons are the VAST majority of players.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    ilv 910+ is easy as hell to get. Virtually any player who's been playing the game has this kind of geat.
    By which you mean the top 10%. Your ability to assess reality has been demonstrably poor throughout this thread I am afraid. I don't know if you're just trying to get a rise out of people, or if you're trying to stroke your own ego by showing off how amazing you are at this game.

Here's a hint. No one cares how awesome you are at a computer game. It doesn't impress us. The only impression you have succeeded in making is how terrible you are at thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Even more shocking news : these persons are the VAST majority of players.
    We got 4/9 Normal ToS last night and were happy with our performance... different strokes for different folks.

I did notice that there seems to be a lot less trash in ToS than there was in NH or EN, I'm wondering if that lack of trash leads to the feeling the raid is 'less full' ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We got 4/9 Normal ToS last night and were happy with our performance... different strokes for different folks.

I did notice that there seems to be a lot less trash in ToS than there was in NH or EN, I'm wondering if that lack of trash leads to the feeling the raid is 'less full' ?
    trash was never fun, i dont know what people like about trash, its dull, its boring, and gets annoying with time, nighthold u spend like 30min or probably more clearing useless ass trash, ToS is perfect, i love it, the mechanics of the 3 last boss's blew my mind, heroic was easy yes, everyone expected it with the titanforge/leggo system, however, i am so looking forward to mythic, its probably going to be the raid that will match Ulduar and ToT for me.

atleast the raid dont have cancer boss's like HFA, or Dark Animus or Spoils or Gunship or Odyn (mythic)

A lot of mechanics are removed or negligible on heroic. In addition balance can never be done right in heroic because of the scaling 10-30. Which makes sense considering heroic (especially the first bosses) are made to be as accessible as possible.

If you want a challenge, go mythic on Wednesday.

Heroic is the old normal mode.
    Normal is the current LFR.
    The current LFR is…. storymode?

So far encounter wise I like the encounters, a lot of new/old elements and a good mix of things.
    I think mythic is going to be great.

Deleted
    It's as if doing the raid with people who overgear it would make it easier. It's something that's just going to keep happening going forward due to the titanforge system. A lot of people will have gear that's on par if not better with what drops for heroic, especially people who spam high M+ or raid mythic. This will in turn lead to HC being cleared quite fast by people with that level of gear.

Deleted
    So far <500 guilds have cleared HC and OP refuses to prove he's even done it. I call shitpost...

Either way, i'm quite enjoying it. Feel like HC is about the proper level. Currently we're 7/9, hoping to get last 2 down tonight after our normal clear.

I'm still new to the raiding scene other than a bit of Vanilla and BC.

I'm really enjoying ToS compared to EN / NH. I love having limited trashed and the atmosphere is great like jumping down the caves into Harajtan whole.

I actually enjoy a lot of the bosses. I think Mistress is going to be a lot of fun but bosses like Sisters and Desolate are going to blow.

Also Maiden and Avatar both look epic.

KJ fight was a blast minus the shadow phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    No. People just read/watched the tactics, and once you know what to do this raid is piss easy. I was watching movies on TV half the time while healing the raid.

I've cleared 6/9HC bosses today again (to roll coins) with another pug from LFR. We were 12 people who knew what we were doing.

The bigger the raid, the more chance you will fail, because retards without a clue join PUG raids and expect to be carried.

About gear - we were about 910+ ilv which almost everyone has nowadays.

I did go through a few "Mistress" LFR pugs that fell apart cause people had no idea what to do. Then just formed a fresh raid with people who knew tactics and cleared 6/9HC in under 2 hrs.

I find this raid easier than Nighthold Citadel. Easy tactics, fast fights, short instance overall. Though raid design and fights look pretty.

Update: couldn't sleep so i fired up wow and joined the first Maiden of Vigilance HC group from LFR. Killed her in 1 try. I spent 2 mins reading journal tactics. There is NOTHING hard about that fight at all. (switch sides / jump down with bombs). You people are either bad or over-dramatic. NH HC was harder.

And this is a first try on the Avatar with a random LFG pug:

Easy as hell, just a gear check for DPS. EDIT: killed him on 3rd Try. I dont get what all the fuss is about.

Looking at your thread/post history it's pretty obvious you have nothing to back up your claims Keep on going, you are good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma90 View Post
    I think Mistress is going to be a lot of fun but bosses like Sisters and Desolate are going to blow.
    I liked desolate more than sisters or mistress. Sisters nope, because they have too many abilities and very few of them really feel impactful so it's like a dish with too many seasonings of a different kind creating bland taste. Mistress is just annoying especially with melee getting random soaks of hydra shot from an angle that shouldn't affect them.

Desolate host I saw from the spirit perspective and the mechanic of cleansing adds "upstairs" was fun, just wish priestesses had more hp because they were dying from random cleave even though we had more dps upstairs and more healers down (worried about wailing, but it wasn't really that dangerous after all).

The whole interactions of two worlds makes it into an unique, yet not as hard as expected fight. After checking my guild's logs, we wiped way more on mistress than on desolate.

Its just legion low content quality.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Titanforging plus the long wait time is kind of to blame here, Nighthold Mythic dropped 900+ item level yet I had 913 having only played Nighthold heroic. Titanforge makes it a lot more difficult to get the tuning of a new raid out as people who play the same difficulty will have a much larger item level range than in previous expansions where most people would be around the same item level.

I'm unable to play Mythic due to the 20-man requirement, so I would personally like to see Heroic tuned a bit higher so that it might provide a bit more of a challenge and last a bit longer.
    Easy fix. Set a upper gear cap on the new raids. Gear above a certain ilvl will be downscaled. You will feel a little weaker, but on the plus side, you get a better raiding experience. Its a compromise

In actually I like Tomb thus far. The only issue I have with it is the Naga bosses. It just doesn't make sense to me to have naga and murlocs intermixed with demons in the tomb. Now if the naga had become corrupted by fel that would be interesting but this reminds me of the turtle in Throne of Thunder which then seemed like filler. I would have rather had a dreadlord council fight over the naga.

Deleted
    I have no problems with the naga.

Blizzard always try to mix it up a bit - we are fighting so many demons, and probably a ton more on Argus. Im glad these naga are not fel corrupted but just plain old naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    plain old naga.
    this damn plain old naga better tie in with Azshara in some secret mythic only boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    I have no problems with the naga.

Blizzard always try to mix it up a bit - we are fighting so many demons, and probably a ton more on Argus. Im glad these naga are not fel corrupted but just plain old naga.
    I mean I can see the somewhat relation since it's the tidestone we're using down there I just don't like it when there are tons more Legion themed mobs we could have. Heck, besides KJ we don't really have any eredar bosses in Tomb. Even HFC has a few of those.

I know we'll face eredar out the wazzoo on Argus but from a lore perspective you would think that KJ would have sent one underling eredar into the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    Heck, besides KJ we don't really have any eredar bosses in Tomb. Even HFC has a few of those.
    Thanks god. Legion theme almost making me vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Thanks god. Legion theme almost making me vomit.
    You're probably playing the wrong game then since the Legion is the big bad of most of the crap happening on Azeroth with the exception of the Old Gods.