Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Wait, the 4 heroic kills I tanked last week in a PUG don't make me a heroic raider? I guess I'll have to return these business cards I ordered.
    :P Just annoyed with the pointless tears of subpar players.

Cause apparently running two sets of gear if needed is too much to handle for the "Mythic Raider" so he has to complain in the forums about non-existent things.

Magical damage is a problem, wooho, go figure, it has been for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are a braindead mongoloid, thats all there is to it really.

Keep crying for crap that doesnt exist.

Warriors are fine,you just want to not be fine, you want to be OP to give meaning to you wasting all this time on your class.

Sub par players with opinion is the worst thing in WoW, which you are.

Our only issue is magical damage as it has been since forever, that will never change.

Have a Haste/Mastery gear for Physical Fights, have a Versa/Haste gear for Magical fights and stop crying "Mythic progression" delusional raider.

Or simply play fucking Guardian.

P.S Killing something "Mythic" 3 months after is relevant doesnt make you a Mythic raider.
    prot warriors are not fine. they are not used in progression. you can literally bring any other tank and have better results. your flaming people for wanting to make prot warriors viable, then telling them to play guardian? stop posting so people can have a decent discussion about the state of protection warriors in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    prot warriors are not fine. they are not used in progression. you can literally bring any other tank and have better results. your flaming people for wanting to make prot warriors viable, then telling them to play guardian? stop posting so people can have a decent discussion about the state of protection warriors in legion.
    No not really, its cause you are wrong.

You are just following whatever the streamer or whichever you believe is relevant atm like the blind nooblet you are.

"Sco said this".

"Sloot did that".

Those players will play 15/7 for 2 weeks trying to get their world first, they can do whatever they want and thats why they have MORE THAN 1 TANK READY TO ADAPT TO CHANGES.

BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO KILL A BOSS 10 ITEM LEVELS LESS THAN YOU WILL EVER SEE THE BOSS.

A scrub thats gonna kill the Mythic boss 3 months after can do it in their fucking Protection Warrior just fine.

As i said, you do not care to discuss balance, you care to discuss this :

"WAHHH WE ARENT THE FIRST TANK ACCORDING TO THE STREAMER, WE NEED TO CRY TILL THEY BUFF IGNORE PAIN BY 300%".

You want to be a bear dudu, you want to be OP with minimal effort, you chose the wrong class.

Reroll or shut the fuck up and have multiple gear sets ready.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-20 at 02:27 PM.

Progression hasn't begun yet?

You said yourself you're not on the bleeding edge of progression, so I guess the larger question is why can't you play whatever you want? It's not going to make a difference if you're a monk or a DH or a druid or a warrior in a few months when most people start pushing mythic content. For the few guilds that will do it immediately, sure, let them quibble over a few percent here and there. That's kind of their thing.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

You are just following whatever the streamer or whichever you believe is relevant atm like the blind nooblet you are.

"Sco said this".

"Sloot did that".

Those players will play 15/7 for 2 weeks trying to get their world first, they can do whatever they want and thats why they have MORE THAN 1 TANK READY TO ADAPT TO CHANGES.

BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO KILL A BOSS 10 ITEM LEVELS LESS THAN YOU WILL EVER SEE THE BOSS.

A scrub thats gonna kill the Mythic boss 3 months after can do it in their fucking Protection Warrior just fine.

As i said, you do not care to discuss balance, you care to discuss this :

"WAHHH WE ARENT THE FIRST TANK ACCORDING TO THE STREAMER, WE NEED TO CRY TILL THEY BUFF IGNORE PAIN BY 300%".

You want to be a bear dudu, you want to be OP with minimal effort, you chose the wrong class.

Reroll or shut the fuck up and have multiple gear sets ready.

"Sco said this".

"Sloot did that".

Those players will play 24/7 for 2 weeks trying to get their world first, they can do whatever they want.

lol k,
    (mythic prgoression)
    when every other tank can take a spear from odyn without externals except for me its a problem,
    when i melt while holding a time orb on chrono compared to other tanks its a problem
    when i needed externals for a 2 stack arcane slicer its a problem
    when every tank can take a fel lash solo except for me,
    when every tank can solo tank third phase botanist except for me its a problem
    when every tank can solo tank star augar its a problem
    when every tank can take 2 stacks of bloods on tichondrius without dieing except for me its a problem
    when every tank had an easier time on mythic krosus and there were countless threads about how to tank this boss as a warrior, its a problem

the literal only fight that felt good on progression during mythic was guldan, because i had spell reflect up for each big scythe, and could "soak" the small ones, while my hpal buddy did every bonds.

when you are shelved to third tank because warriors are in a bad spot its a problem. when your GM and other GMs would rather recruit bears and monks to prorgess because you get gibbed every once in a while, its a problem.

warriors are fundamentally flawed at their core, and you say, "ITS OK BECAUSE ITS BEEN THIS WAY FOR 12 YEARS KEEP CRYING." super helpful. how about the fact that shield block literally doesnt work on 90% of the mechanics to mitigate damage. why even have an active mit that doesn't protect us from anything except for melee? our artifact weapon ability is literal garbage and was only used on 1 fight for the entire nighthold tier (spellblade), spell reflect is in a better spot, but only after progression was over, the new legendary will help tons, but its a leg and wont be accessible to everyone.

you sit here and flame people for being bad, check my logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/824468/11/ and tell me im a bad tank. keep flaming people for wanting warriors to be in a better spot.

and your "HAVE 2 GEAR SETS LOL WHATS WRONG WIT U" is really stupid. because mastery is just fucking garbage so all of your gear should be haste vers. im done posting cause its a waste of time talking to retards like you when blizzard doesnt read this shit/doesnt care. literally youtube 7.2.5 protection warrior or tank ratings and see what i mean coming for tos, gonna be the same shit its been since launch.
    Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2017-06-20 at 02:41 PM.

when you are shelved to third tank because warriors are in a bad spot its a problem. when your GM and other GMs would rather recruit bears and monks to prorgess because you get gibbed every once in a while, its a problem.
    Snip the rest.

See? And this is why i dont take you people seriously.

If you call yourself a Mythic raider and care so much , why dont you have a second tank ready?

When you care, you adapt.

When you dont adapt you cry.

Protection Warrior problems are the same the last 12 years, you didnt mention anything new, you simply cried for the same reasons i cried when i cared about "Progression", Shield Block and Magical damage intake.

It hasnt changed, it wont changed for "MY CLASS DIVERSITY".

Reroll Dudu and stop crying, i cant make it more clear, Blizzard wont balance around 1 tier or 2 tiers, things wont change.

Do you want to be taken seriously as a Mythic Raider?

Have 2 or 3 tanks ready, otherwise stop wasting your tears of balance.

IGNORE PROBLEM AND REROLL
    k.

except for i did adapt, and dpsed the last tier and a half.
    Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2017-06-20 at 03:03 PM.

While magic damage is the Achilles heel of warriors bleeds and armor piercing/high physical damage nukes not delivered through melee still wreck us. (Think odyns spear, pre nerf this was huge damage to us) This has been true since... well almost forever, i didnt start tanking seriously till MoP and this has been true ever since.

Looking at wowhead at the current abilities there is only 1 bleed to really worry about. There is however a ton of fire damage(which is magic) debuffs which scares me a little but most of them look like debuffs that have their major damage when they expire, so spell reflect should be great for those fights. I do also see many physical tank nukes and it's unclear if those are delivered through melee attacks but that's what's really going to make or break us. This is why you see streamers hating on prot, I'm pretty sure with the testing they've done they realize that most of those abilities are in fact not delivered through melee abilities. So the only way to really be viable as prot is to get more gear/armor to mitigate and unfortunately the smart move is to gear dps first in most cases.

I think ignore pain is fine, I think spell reflect is fine, the big problem with prot is their main active mitigation Shield Block. Maybe they could make shield block into a cooldown like in wotlk and give us another AM that gives us increased armor or general damage reduction. Maybe bring back heroic strike as AM similar to palleys righteous shield, instead of buffing us it debuffs the target to do less damage to us, talents could be added that turn heroic strike into a cleave or aoe.
    Last edited by deadmanfred; 2017-06-20 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazko View Post
    5 ) Shield Block can only be extended to a maximum of three times its base duration.
    Nerf for the legendary, develop legendarys around the class not the class around them.
    Totally agree with this

- - - Updated - - -

Snip the rest.

See? And this is why i dont take you people seriously.

If you call yourself a Mythic raider and care so much , why dont you have a second tank ready?

When you care, you adapt.

When you dont adapt you cry.

Protection Warrior problems are the same the last 12 years, you didnt mention anything new, you simply cried for the same reasons i cried when i cared about "Progression", Shield Block and Magical damage intake.

It hasnt changed, it wont changed for "MY CLASS DIVERSITY".

Reroll Dudu and stop crying, i cant make it more clear, Blizzard wont balance around 1 tier or 2 tiers, things wont change.

Do you want to be taken seriously as a Mythic Raider?

Have 2 or 3 tanks ready, otherwise stop wasting your tears of balance.
    wow soo mature...

i want play any class in the game... and i want any class on the game viable on Mythic proggression

why the fuck should i change my preferences

adapt my balls

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    wow soo mature...

i want play any class in the game... and i want any class on the game viable on Mythic proggression

why the fuck should i change my preferences

adapt my balls
    :thinking:

You can play any class on mythic progression. Whether or not they're viable is another story. If you think every class should be able to perform roughly equal on every encounter then you're either new to WoW or delusional.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Lets try and loop back to the original topic,
    I feel like in addition to the listed problems our 4 set really just does not do much, with gloves I was drowning in rage for the most part unless not actively tanking ( maybe this is a roundabout targeted nerf to gloves? ). Although this is only just a heroic clear this week most bosses felt fine. I decided to lean on a Nerubian husk / DMF for KJ it make a huge difference but the loss of the additional 20% crit block felt huge from the prior 4 set.

Deleted
    lol k,
    (mythic prgoression)
    when every other tank can take a spear from odyn without externals except for me its a problem,
    Agree with that
    when i melt while holding a time orb on chrono compared to other tanks its a problem
    Don't hold it... pick it up before you need to interupt... your fault
    when i needed externals for a 2 stack arcane slicer its a problem
    I never ever have to call out external for 2 stacks... sometimes, even IP alone was enough
    when every tank can take a fel lash solo except for me,
    With poping all of your CD, and externals, you can do it too (like every tank can) You don't need them elswhere in that fight
    when every tank can solo tank third phase botanist except for me its a problem
    Only Druid was good for that but definetly couldn't solo it for the entire duration without using every external possible. Swaping makes it easier
    when every tank can solo tank star augar its a problem
    I solo tanked Star Augur before the 15% nerfs as a Prot Warrior... wasn't even hard, only had to use few externals and CDs on debuff overlap
    when every tank can take 2 stacks of bloods on tichondrius without dieing except for me its a problem
    Than it]s your problem yes... Shield block was more than enough to /lol at them for me
    when every tank had an easier time on mythic krosus and there were countless threads about how to tank this boss as a warrior, its a problem
    Progressed and killed it before the new traits came out, I took olny slightly more damage than our Guardian. All it takes, is learn how to get the max possible from the class, take booming Voice, Anger Management, Versatility gear, make macro to intercept some Melee to max out rage gain and do NOT touch revenge unless it's free

Honestly, Its not warriors who are in the bad spot

literally youtube 7.2.5 protection warrior or tank ratings and see what i mean coming for tos, gonna be the same shit its been since launch.

Ok Here is my experience with ToS so far:
    1. Goroth: you can use reflect before the debuff to ignore it completly - Prot warr super good
    2. Inquisition: Every tank have it the same, Everything is blockable
    3. Big naga thing: bleed ignores armor so Ignore Pain and high self healing tanks (DK, DH) are really usefull here
    4. Mistress: equal for every tank
    5. Moon floor boss: Nothing special, equal for every tank
    6. Desolate Host: Physical side is everything blockable, it's equal for every tank
    7. Thaddius 2.0 (Maiden): you have Spell reflect for every hammer - Prot warr really good
    8. Avatar: equal for every tank
    9. Kil'jaeden: Shield block shits on felclaws, Our guardian was getting smacked hard by it, It barely got through my shield block + IP

Sco was wrong with warriors in ToS... we can be easily top 3

Prot warriors could use some EHP buff (5-7%) and re-do the devastator talent row. Devastator is fine, Never Surrender and Indomitable are in dire need of buffs
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2017-06-23 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    [/B]

Prot warriors could use some EHP buff (5-7%) and re-do the devastator talent row. Devastator is fine, Never Surrender and Indomitable are in dire need of buffs
    I'd like to also point out US first heroic KJ was main tanked by a Warrior, the separation between tanks is understandably smaller in ToS. But we can't ignore the fact that the redesign of talents around leggos and our effective health are a real limiting factors for mythic progression( especially with indom nerfs and the LARGE potential of being 1 shot on early mythic progression) . Additionally the 2/4 set really needs to be adjusted, it all comes down to this in my mind; Can you play Prot warrior for mythic ToS progression? absolutely 100% however the problem is what we need to execute 100% perfectly every pull every time, other tanks have wiggle room via better talents/more hp.

It's like investment philosophy Stock A. (Warriors) is steadily on the rise and has a promising upcoming quarter however in the past it has been known to do poorly and has been mismanaged. Stock B. (Bears/Monks) are not aggressively growing but have always been a solid gain. If it was your life savings would you take the risk?

Deleted
    I'd like to also point out US first heroic KJ was main tanked by a Warrior, the separation between tanks is understandably smaller in ToS. But we can't ignore the fact that the redesign of talents around leggos and our effective health are a real limiting factors for mythic progression( especially with indom nerfs and the LARGE potential of being 1 shot on early mythic progression) . Additionally the 2/4 set really needs to be adjusted, it all comes down to this in my mind; Can you play Prot warrior for mythic ToS progression? absolutely 100% however the problem is what we need to execute 100% perfectly every pull every time, other tanks have wiggle room via better talents/more hp.

It's like investment philosophy Stock A. (Warriors) is steadily on the rise and has a promising upcoming quarter however in the past it has been known to do poorly and has been mismanaged. Stock B. (Bears/Monks) are not aggressively growing but have always been a solid gain. If it was your life savings would you take the risk?
    I feel like it's risk/reward right now. If you perform perfect with prot, pooling rage before expected damage spike, balance rage for dmg done/ reduced damage taken you will be rewarded with better numbers.

On our Krosus first kill (before new talents) I ended up 10th world for healing done (and I laged right before first bridge smash)

But yes, I agree. For ToS the gaps betweem classes are much much smaller than in Nighthold

"top" ranked tanks (Bear and Brew) are higher because they are more mistake forgiving

If you reroll you dont adapt you morons >.> if you reroll you just ignore the problems whatever the class .

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I feel like it's risk/reward right now. If you perform perfect with prot, pooling rage before expected damage spike, balance rage for dmg done/ reduced damage taken you will be rewarded with better numbers.

On our Krosus first kill (before new talents) I ended up 10th world for healing done (and I laged right before first bridge smash)

But yes, I agree. For ToS the gaps betweem classes are much much smaller than in Nighthold

"top" ranked tanks (Bear and Brew) are higher because they are more mistake forgiving
    That is quite impressive It was a nightmare for me personally on Krosus, I ended up stacking Vers on everything, breaking 4 set, re-enchanting/gemming and running bracers/prydaz for early kills before new talents. I really don't understand in what instance that was considered to be "ok" and by no means was my guild at the time a bad guild most of our kills being sub 100 US. I don't even want to talk about star auger, the difference between tanks was so huge at the time I ended up after over a decade of playing Prot DPSing in a raid.

Deleted
    That is quite impressive It was a nightmare for me personally on Krosus, I ended up stacking Vers on everything, breaking 4 set, re-enchanting/gemming and running bracers/prydaz for early kills before new talents. I really don't understand in what instance that was considered to be "ok" and by no means was my guild at the time a bad guild most of our kills being sub 100 US. I don't even want to talk about star auger, the difference between tanks was so huge at the time I ended up after over a decade of playing Prot DPSing in a raid.
    Yea Krosus was definetly pain in the ass for warriors but it was completly doable. My biggest complain was only that the divine tank class (bear) had atrociously bad threat generation so I had to slow down to not overaggro and pretty much wipe. And also we killed it the day I got legendary gloves that literaly gave me 100k healing

For star augur I had to play DPS too but I also managed to solo tank it when our bear couldn't attend the raid. (Before the 15% damage nerfs) and only hard thing was during frost phase when I had to wait with the debuff to clear it. I had to pop my defensive cooldowns not all at once so I can get reductions for the whole duration of the uncleared debuff