The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just did Thornmarch for the first time.

The amount of Nostalgia the song instilled in me from Nightmare Before Christmas, Kingdom Hearts and FF6 was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Just did Thornmarch for the first time.

The amount of Nostalgia the song instilled in me from Nightmare Before Christmas, Kingdom Hearts and FF6 was amazing.
    Yeah that fight was definitely something that took me by surprise, before I found out how mind blowingly amazing the music in this game is.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Thornmarch has the best fucking music. No contest.

Also, I am finally fishing. Started on wednesday at 31, now at 55 Which I'm proud of because I had 3 effective fishing days.

But for 60-70 what would you suggest I do? Leve spam or just fish stuff up to sell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing is fairly similar to its real-life counterpart; best enjoyed with an ice cold adult beverage.
    As long as you've got bait, time, a survival manual for bonus xp, and the all-important booze, you're golden.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account

How worried should I be? Went to visit grocery fast and this happened meanwhile when party wanted to go do Ex roulette.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, duty finder dead. So we did the jump puzzle for some reason, got up eventually but still.
    Is there anything up there, or is it just for fun?

I don't understand SE sometimes...

In pvp SMN DWT and Death Flare are the same button (basically DWT turns into Death Flare) same for Summon Bahamut and Enkindle Bahamut.

WHy isn't it the same in pve ? Just why ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    DRK and PLD will be the tanking meta until we get some class balancing.

I could write a college essay on bleach margarita that is current WAR, some serious changes need to happen but I won't get on my soap box right now.

DRK is hella fun though, not touched PLD yet.

Also those 270 STR accessories are not job locked lawls.
    I am really hoping they fix stat scaling, and soon. Even if it is just a revert to the 3.2 VIT+STR scaling. Having i270 Slaying accessories be best in slot is poor design. If they just remove the ability to use them now it just makes it so that as the ilevel increases, it will get harder to keep up (both in damage and enmity) with DPS who have scaling on their right side, as we are capped at +125 with melding STR VI's to our accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

In pvp SMN DWT and Death Flare are the same button (basically DWT turns into Death Flare) same for Summon Bahamut and Enkindle Bahamut.

I'm guessing since PVP was never a huge thing among the FFXIV population they used it as a testbed to see the reaction of the playerbase. I would not be surprised one bit if we see it happen in 5.0 to PVE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

I think it's like some have said, they're testing those sorts of changes in PvP to see how they're received, before doing it for PvE. That's been a gripe of mine for ages, the fact you need so many damn buttons to play certain jobs. All the combos and shit just take up too much bar space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    So not touching trial roulette on 70 job, nope.
    there is an easy way to avoid doing high level trials just unequip gear till you are at about ilvl 170 then queue and pop your armor back on when you get in the fight.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    There is an easy way to avoid doing high level trials, just unequip gear till you are at about ilvl 170, then queue and pop your armor back on when you get in the fight.
    Hmm, handy. Gotta keep in mind for times when I've jobs leveled up and no longer need Exp from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah it saved me from nidhogg for all of heavensward.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    just had a group with a war with a lux anima saying samurai players were useless weebs and whining at me to watch threat meter. how do you spend that much time acquiring something like that just to suck at playing your class?

sometimes i just want to smack people.
    Its just that: time. There is nothing difficult to do to get a lux. Just time. I got mine because i wanted the model and like working on a weapon like that just like in FFXI. It in no way means quality player since you can get it without doing anything above A1 normal as the hardest content.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing RDM and watching other people barely play RDM is depressing in how common it is. I've seen one other use the party buff ever, nobody use any aoes at all, 'fuckuudontpaymuhsub' melee only mages and people in ala mhigo spamming jolt on repeat because "how am i supposed to look at the bar to balance them and play?"

Sometimes i genuinely feel like an elitist douchebag wondering what those people see in mmo gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Playing RDM and watching other people barely play RDM is depressing in how common it is. I've seen one other use the party buff ever, nobody use any aoes at all, 'fuckuudontpaymuhsub' melee only mages and people in Ala Mhigo spamming Jolt on repeat because "How am i supposed to look at the bar to balance them and play?"

Sometimes I genuinely feel like an elitist douchebag wondering what those people see in mmo gameplay.
    I don't find it elitist to expect people to play their jobs as they are intended - pushing it to limit yeah, but playing normally?

I've just watched some AST's in dungeons completely ignoring cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, after doing the 70 dungeon and the final Story boss, I am certain that whomever designed the Lv 70 WHM spell definitely does not play a healer, and most certainly does not play WHM in FF-XIV.

Such a useless crap with 30s stacks @20% proc from rarely used single target spells. Dear lord, even the stacks on my TANK in the dungeon mostly ran out b/c there was no need for any instant emergency heal and the 20% just takes way too friggin long to happen.

I cannot comprehend how obviously broken stuff like this makes it past early alpha. What is in the heads of game DEVs to think this ability is useful (not even arguing for FUN).

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm just surprised they'd keep giving new Tomestones for it. Now if they also award Creation...capping will be so so easy. No fiddling around with dungeons, no farming world bosses, just run-and-gun POTD. Which I love to do.
    Reaching way back a few pages:
    I wouldn't expect the weekly cap tomestones in to be in PotD. The Verity are abundant because they're meant to get everyone at 70 on equal level going into Omega raids.

Got Shinryu as my trial... one shot it with 7/9 players being new in it. Maybe I'm just lucky. ;P

Also fuck nbd tanking Mahisha (a rank in lochs) as a BRD because the tanks keep dying to mechanics.

edit; part 2 of that FF14 documentary is out if anyone cares. first one was really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Got Shinryu as my trial... one shot it with 7/9 players being new in it. Maybe I'm just lucky. ;P

Also fuck nbd tanking Mahisha (a rank in lochs) as a BRD because the tanks keep dying to mechanics.

edit; part 2 of that FF14 documentary is out if anyone cares. first one was really interesting.
    Is it on Netflix? Or elsewhere?

After reading the English translation (first 10 are up) of the blog, I'm interested in it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Is it on Netflix? Or elsewhere?
    Think it's on Youtube.

Spoiler: 

Yeah Danny O'Dwyer (a former Gamespot employee) does some really great work. For me it goes in this special category I call "Pizza ordering worthy" :P.

edit: yes the one Anza linked is the one I meant.