Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah i dont understand it. Every boss enough uptime for BOS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Tried today _FROST_ CHEST/WRIST + 4 T20 + Convergence/HoV combo in NH M. It felt great, DPS was better and above my T19 numbers and the short BoS is easy so use aswell.

I used in ToS N _UNHOLY_ with BRACER/CLEAVE_RING + 4 T20 + 2 T19 and it was super easy to play. Im not a big fan of the SHOULDERS/CHEST playstyle, tried it with only 2x T20 and it is way more demanding to play compared to the BRACER/RING style.

Im happy I kept both weapons at similar levels, 57 and 58, so I can use the best spec for each fight, but currently I don't see any fights where I could be above unholy, when unholy is played with the AoE heavy BRACER/RING combo.
    DA with Shoulders + chest will beat 4T20 and 2T19 on anything except the heaviest cleave fights. The only fight worth going out of ST setup for is Mistress, and then you should go Defile not SR. There is no way SR can get close to the damage output that DA offers.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Goroth definetly is BoS friendly
    Demonic your first breath is easily a double HRW 1:15+ and you also get to cleave for the first 15-20 seconds
    Harjatan is this raids Patchwork dont know how you can have a BoS issue here
    Mistress again is a 100% melee uptime boss
    Sisters Save AMS to wipe stacks if your out of position (only frost can do this)
    Desolate Host can clear a most of the debuffs with AMS, no different then breath on Gul'dan and praying you dont get chains
    Maiden not the best BoS fight use after ball phases
    Fallen Avatar when he does his AoE uptop attack the maiden while moving off boss and continue until you get back within range
    KJ pretty bad for BoS no argument here till phase 3 (but you can make up lost BoS dmg with cleave you get from images)

I imagine Mythic will have another layer of melee unfriendliness but for Normal/Heroic just learn the fights and the best way to optomize BoS uptimes.

the fact you complained about BoS on HARJATAN is alarming

PS: you have to weigh the Value of BoS uptime when you get significant cleave vs pure single target, a 40 second BoS uptime where 20+ seconds of it was 2 target cleave is more valuable then a 1min pure single target BoS (Demonic/Harj/Mistress/Desolate).
    if you attack the maiden outside of cleansing protocol you'll hardly get 4 of those and thus fail terribly. So actually no, you dont wanna attack the maiden and frost is shit on this fight at least in hc

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    if you attack the maiden outside of cleansing protocol you'll hardly get 4 of those and thus fail terribly. So actually no, you dont wanna attack the maiden and frost is shit on this fight at least in hc
    still hit 4, just no one else would hitting the maiden except you, on normal you can pop IBF/AMS and simply soak the AoE (move back 15 yrds still in boss hitbox) but on Heroic you really cant and would have to hit the maiden going back and forth and angle your breath away to limit the amount of dmg your doing.

Deleted
    But you need only 30 to 40 sec BOS uptime and that is easily doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, just you cause you need it to keep BoS up. And the affliction lock cause he needs to for shards! And the shadow priest cause it helps with insanity generation! And the elemental shaman definitely wants flame shock there! The destruction lock would really appreciate having an immolate there too. The assasination rogue would love to keep his deadly poison ticking as well of course.

If everyone gets to use the dummy to boost their dps, it will likely die faster than it should. The Maiden is going to get damaged anyway by the TANK who you know, has to generate resources to survive and actually do the encounter properly. Either everyone uses the Maiden or noone does.
    Surely there is a cost-benefit analysis that can be done here. There is a big difference between rolling dots on a secondary target vs putting a few globals into it as you run past to keep breath active.

try going hc then, normal you can ignore pretty much everything
    Okay I like how you just wildly assume I wasn't referring to heroic when I said they're fine. I was talking about heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last couple of pages:

First batch of hotfixes....rets and frost dks left off the list. They buffed 3/5 of the bottom dwellers and left those two specs off....looks like I'm closer to just quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I've done all of these fights and none of them are "bad" for frost. They're all relatively easy. Movement doesn't kill your dps and you only need 26 seconds of Breath for maximum value.

If you can't do that then you're playing bad.

lol 26s IF you have chest + 4t20 and not doing heroic... and logs are out there and frost is rotting at the botton on every single fight... so go back to your Normal clear and let ppl that really play this game agree that frost is dead

And blizzard buffed WW and DH and left us to die AGAIN!.. this game is getting worse at every single patch

Well look at all those hot fixes Fdks received... oh wait.... nvm.

I am chalking this up to "balancing takes time" as opposed to "Well UH is in decent spot and that is good enough for death knights"- I am hoping the lack of hotfixes is the former and not the latter. And if it is the latter, then essentially blizz is telling you to play UH until Argus hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Well look at all those hot fixes Fdks received... oh wait.... nvm.

I am chalking this up to "balancing takes time" as opposed to "Well UH is in decent spot and that is good enough for death knights"- I am hoping the lack of hotfixes is the former and not the latter. And if it is the latter, then essentially blizz is telling you to play UH until Argus hits.
    yea....ill just unsub if there arent hotfixes in the next two weeks for frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean at least you have the option of playing Unholy. Ret doesn't
    To an extent this is very true...but if the legendary game has been bad for you....then you're a disservice in your raid even if you play unholy. I got the two bis frost legendaries in the last month of nighthold...currently have no unholy specific or any great multispec options for unholy....I'm not the only one in this position either....it's easier to quit than to farm unholy legendaries and hope rng goes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    To an extent this is very true...but if the legendary game has been bad for you....then you're a disservice in your raid even if you play unholy. I got the two bis frost legendaries in the last month of nighthold...currently have no unholy specific or any great multispec options for unholy....I'm not the only one in this position either....it's easier to quit than to farm unholy legendaries and hope rng goes your way.
    Sorry but this post makes me laugh. Been loot specced Unholy all expansion and Legendary drops have been something like this.

Drapes>Prydaz>Sephuz>Aggramar>KJBW>Tak>Helm.

Never had the bracers when they were worth having, guess I should of just quit. People really need to dial back the gnashing of teeth in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry but this post makes me laugh. Been loot specced Unholy all expansion and Legendary drops have been something like this.

Drapes>Prydaz>Sephuz>Aggramar>KJBW>Tak>Helm.

Never had the bracers when they were worth having, guess I should of just quit. People really need to dial back the gnashing of teeth in this thread.
    It's not just the legendary system...I dont particularly think Tomb is a good raid at all. I am losing interest in the game...having to farm legendary items again makes me even more uninterested in the game than I already am...

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    lol 26s IF you have chest + 4t20 and not doing heroic... and logs are out there and frost is rotting at the botton on every single fight... so go back to your Normal clear and let ppl that really play this game agree that frost is dead

And blizzard buffed WW and DH and left us to die AGAIN!.. this game is getting worse at every single patch
    "let ppl that really play this game" https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...r/senjin/hctaz

Once again, people think I'm talking about normal. You could at least check and see what I've completed. Maybe try searching my name. You'd see I've cleared all of normal and heroic Tomb. So no, they aren't bad for frost and you can easily work around the mechanics. Our dps just sucks. I'm pulling numbers exactly where I expected to be and where I expected frost to go from Nighthold with the new gear. People complaining that the fights are the problem are silly. They're fine.

And in case you want a picture of where I stand for on dps: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...rankingzone=11 there's my shit from Mythic Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    if ya didnt keep rage quitting your DK you would have all the unholy/Frost legendaries by now

if ya didnt keep rage quitting your DK you would have all the unholy/Frost legendaries by now
    Nah my play time has significantly reduced in the last three months. Have had a lot going on and have only gotten a couple legendaries(ring and bracers) in the last two months. I don't have the time or patience to grind all the available content anymore. So my patience of having to change specs now is pretty much gone. Im just waiting to be told to go unholy or you won't have a raid spot now.

I solely play my DK and I still only have around 12 legendaries total, so this is pretty untrue.

Actually think its 10...9 for frost (All minus Sephuz) and Unholy Bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    I solely play my DK and I still only have around 12 legendaries total, so this is pretty untrue.

Actually think its 10...9 for frost (All minus Sephuz) and Unholy Bracers.
    Yea I have played all time on my DK and I only have one Leggy for Unholy and all cept chest for frost now. So I still need a few more months to be able to get all of them