Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dude, it's RNG. Just because you personally didn't get a legendary 5 minutes after patch release, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. I got two legendaries on patch day within an hour (without any chest stockpiling either), should I make a "legendary drop rate definitely has been increased" thread? Of course not, that would be just as stupid as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    I can surely say that even though devs are silent about that Bad Luck Protection was reset when 7.2.5 came.
    I've had all mainspec legendaries (including all shared) 3 weeks before 7.2.5 hit and i routinely did NH HC, few mythic bosses, all mythic dungeons,few +15, opening tones of legionfall supply bags and emissaries. This should have sent my BLP to nearly 100% but as for today and 2 week into 7.2.5 i still yet have to see new legendary drop.
    I got my new Legendary ring on the 3rd day of the 7.2.5 expansion.

Your argument is invalid.

I can surely say that even though devs are silent about that Bad Luck Protection was reset when 7.2.5 came.
    I've had all mainspec legendaries (including all shared) 3 weeks before 7.2.5 hit and i routinely did NH HC, few mythic bosses, all mythic dungeons,few +15, opening tones of legionfall supply bags and emissaries. This should have sent my BLP to nearly 100% but as for today and 2 week into 7.2.5 i still yet have to see new legendary drop.
    Nope i dont think it was, i had a leggy drop less than a day after patch released.

I don't know, 7.2.5 release went well for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I don't know, 7.2.5 release went well for me...

Except you should have gotten 970 ilv drops

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    No? 970 started dropping this reset, I got those the reset before (on patch day).

Nope they're only 970 this week, if you stockpiled boxes and opened them last week you could get a new legendary but it would be still 940. I got my class ring from the first emissary after the patch, it was 940. Patch was 1 week before TOS (enabling new leggies), but only TOS enabled them to be 970 including the upgrade questline.

I really don't know WTH you all are doing that you have capped leggos on multiple specs... I've gotten 5, in about 4.5 months of doing a ton of M+, constant raiding, and a decent amount of emmissaries (not all admittedly, but perhaps about 1/3-1/2). I hate this broken ass system...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I really don't know WTH you all are doing that you have capped leggos on multiple specs... I've gotten 5, in about 4.5 months of doing a ton of M+, constant raiding, and a decent amount of emmissaries (not all admittedly, but perhaps about 1/3-1/2). I hate this broken ass system...
    Well maybe you should stop doing "a ton of M+" if your goal is legendaries because except the weekly chest m+ is absolutely down the line for BLP purposes. Even doing LFR is better for that purpose.

Emissaries, Legionfall supply satchels, world bosses, raids, lfr, mythic0 (non-keystone) dungeons, or even farming nether disruptor portal mobs is all more efficient for BLP than chain running m+.

I'm wondering if the AP from raids change in 7.2.5 will affect BLP, but we're yet to see data about that, before 7.2.5 running NH on 4 difficulties was tons better for BLP than running m+.

Now that m+ is capped to 1 chest I'm sure the BLP efficiency of m+ is gonna be even worse than it already was.

I got one pretty quick into the patch. If anything it seems like my acquisition rate increased.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I really doubt there is such a thing as "BLP".
    It's something Blizzard made up so people would complain less.

I am thinking the OP is absolutely correct. Its not that big of deal, but my guess is they didnt want people with hoarded stuff logging on and popping hundreds of caches and getting 970 legs day one. I popped around 250 caches and bags, spent a grand total of around 200,000 nethershards and got 1 970 leg on the patch day. By yesterday I had gotten 5 more across all the characters doing raids, daily, dungeons etc including 3 on 1 character within 24 hours. But I was also thinking the delay seen was secondary to BLP resetting on 7.2.5 launch.

Been getting legendary every 10 days consistentely last 3 times. Only doing one mythic+ for chest and only normal and heroic nh raid and all lfr. Before that was 1 month between legendaries. I think world quests contributes greatly cos when I started doing heaps of them thats when I was getting one every 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well maybe you should stop doing "a ton of M+" if your goal is legendaries because except the weekly chest m+ is absolutely down the line for BLP purposes. Even doing LFR is better for that purpose.

Emissaries, Legionfall supply satchels, world bosses, raids, lfr, mythic0 (non-keystone) dungeons, or even farming nether disruptor portal mobs is all more efficient for BLP than chain running m+.
    Is this legit? I really have a better chance of getting a legendary from farming base mythics than doing high level M+? I thought the concept of the legendary system was that the more challenging the content, the better your chances were of getting a legendary?

Except the fact that 970s weren't dropping until Tomb opened which wasn't till the next week.

7+ Year Old Account
    never touched destro really, opened a cache as soon as 7.2.5 launched, got a legendary right away... did the same with affliction, got another

so... yeah it was not
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same pace as you are. But regardless I think BLP didn't reset. I know a lot of people who get both new legendaries in less than 14 days. The fact that you and me are unlucky doesn't prove that BLP reset with the patch.

I don't think BLP reset but if u were in a spec with all leggos then you were not gaining any BLP. So in effect you started the patch at zero.

Pretty sure there was a reset for BLP when patch came out, I did 2 cycles of full clear(all raids , all mythic0 all emmiseris etc)one before patch and one after patch and I didn't get a legendary. Usually in 7.2 I was getting a legendary every week, sometimes even 2 legendaries.
    Now either they've reseted BLP or they nerfed it which is pretty stupid , they need to help new/returning/re-rolling players catch up not make it hard for them.
    Last edited by Beoren; 2017-06-26 at 09:17 PM.

absolutely untrue. I got the new legendary talent ring day one of 7.25 launch after i had built up the BLP for the previous week. And this was for building up BLP on both ret and holy since I had finished all my holy leggos anyway.