Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Heh, yeah - both medium 1 and 19 are practically on beach, so I imagine quite many buyers wanting those. I'd prefer to get medium 8 myself since it's more of in quiet corner of map.

Spoiler: 

- - - Updated - - -

I decided to do expedition into FC's Discord spoiler -channel and found this from April 28th -live letter.

Q: Can you please give us more info about moving system?
    A: To move, go to the land you want to buy and buy it. If you already have land/house, it'll give you a text pop-up asking if you'd like to move your house and relinquish old land. If the land is same size as the previous land you owned, the house will just move. If the size is different, all of the furniture will go into warehouse reserve so that it is not lost.
    Oh so basically be in Shirogane on launch day. Cheers Anza <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If anyone is going for a small, I suggest looking at 27. Go stand in the yard and look at the waterfall and river you will have RIGHT THERE by your house.
    Hmm, yeah - seems nice, might go for it but got medium plot targeted since I've Gil for it.

Spoiler: 

Sorry about night-time pics, I just prefer to move when it's dark.

Hmm, yeah - seems nice, might go for it but got medium plot targeted since I've Gil for it.

Spoiler: 

Genuine question here. How come you spoiler tagged it? I mean a patch of land hardly spoils the story.

Also I'll be just getting whatever Small I can. Don't think I can be too fussy about location on Omega with the recent surge of people joining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Genuine question here. How come you spoiler tagged it? I mean a patch of land hardly spoils the story.
    Eh, simply saving some mouse wheel - less scrolling.

I usually use black boxes to hide actual spoilers, unless.. they are pics.

Eh, simply saving some mouse wheel - less scrolling.
    Good point. But yeah I'm going to do what I did when they opened more on Cerberus. Go for Ward 12. Worked last time.

Man they sure nerfed gathering leveling even more than HW. in about 3 hours made it to lvl.65 in mining and the last quest was "get 3 hq ore you can find on any node in northern gyr abania".

As a BSM/LRW i am happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Paladins can deal some serious damage in PvE now.

This is awesome.
    i haven't noticed

im level 66 and im literally falling asleep in dungeons because it is so boring. at this rate my sam has started to outpace my pld and will take over MSQ soon

I'm wondering if they will have a freeze on allowing people to move their house to Shirogane. Otherwise, you have the likes of yours truly, who just bought a Goblet house for pennies compared to the price of a house in Shirogane. Seems kinda unfair, honestly, so I would not be surprised one bit if they initially don't allow the move option for current home owners.

Even when they do, if it means the old plots get freed up, we may opt to move to a Mist ward in the event Shirogane is all snatched up (and given how damn nice that area looks, it would not surprise me for it to all be gone by the first day, even on lower pop servers).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm wondering if they will have a freeze on allowing people to move their house to Shirogane. Otherwise, you have the likes of yours truly, who just bought a Goblet house for pennies compared to the price of a house in Shirogane. Seems kinda unfair, honestly, so I would not be surprised one bit if they initially don't allow the move option for current home owners.

Even when they do, if it means the old plots get freed up, we may opt to move to a Mist ward in the event Shirogane is all snatched up (and given how damn nice that area looks, it would not surprise me for it to all be gone by the first day, even on lower pop servers).
    Why would it be unfair? You just answered why it wouldn't be in the second sentence. On new servers devaluing was bound to happen especially in Goblet which is the least popular of the 3 wards.

Also isn't Zalera kind of always open mostly when it comes to housing? Or am I thinking of another server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Shirogane plots cost same amount as did house plots opened in Patch 3.3 on Mist, Lavender Beds and Goblet.

I don't get the prices lol...

3-4 mio for a small house then 20 mio for a medium one ??? then it doubles for a big one (makes sense).

I think i'm gonna go for a small one because I know me : if i buy a medium or a big one I won't even use it/decorate so I would have just wasted my money.

My guild is planning on buying every single house on the same ward. That will be fun

Homophobia is so gay.

Why would it be unfair? You just answered why it wouldn't be in the second sentence. On new servers devaluing was bound to happen especially in Goblet which is the least popular of the 3 wards.

Also isn't Zalera kind of always open mostly when it comes to housing? Or am I thinking of another server?
    Upon further review, I see that the new small prices are 3-4 million, which still isn't bad. I was thinking they would be closer to 8-10 million. So yeah, answered my own question.

When I moved here last week, there were still a pile of open plots in Goblet, and a fair amount of smalls in Mist (all of 1 medium, and we didn't go for it because no other house was available in that ward...we wanted to basically own part of an entire ward, heh).

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure Shirogane plots cost same amount as did house plots opened in Patch 3.3 on Mist, Lavender Beds and Goblet.
    They do, and I thought that price was 8-10 million. I was way off.

Upon further review, I see that the new small prices are 3-4 million, which still isn't bad. I was thinking they would be closer to 8-10 million. So yeah, answered my own question.

When I moved here last week, there were still a pile of open plots in Goblet, and a fair amount of smalls in Mist (all of 1 medium, and we didn't go for it because no other house was available in that ward...we wanted to basically own part of an entire ward, heh).
    Yeah I kinda heard Zalera was open season for housing. I think Mateus and Goblin are as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it people, stop playing tanks - I need to Exp.

Everyone else says no verity cap makes gearing up feel fast, for me its not needing to buy relic mats first

Yeah I kinda heard Zalera was open season for housing. I think Mateus and Goblin are as well.
    Zalera has been like that for a while. Not sure how long it will last as I understand our population has skyrocketed since Stormblood. At the beginning of SB, my house was one of like 4-5 in the Goblet. Now there are just a few small plots left.

Spoiler: 

You're going for the same medium I am!

Of the 4 preferred NA servers, only Couerl was gobbled up in terms of housing when I checked last weekend. That being said, there were plots available, but nowhere near as many as the other servers, but Couerl also has the most players of the 4 preferred servers (per unofficial census numbers, mind you). Mateus, though, is having an influx of the RP community, which tends to have a sweet tooth for housing, and it was noticable, because Goblin and Zalera both had more open plots, but there were still a reasonable amount of them left there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I miss Wrecktangle. While I barely agreed with some of the stuff he said I did get where he (?) was coming from. I also enjoyed how there were actually debates going on instead of this useless bickering.
    I'm still here. I only post when I am at work and between working from home (*ahem* leveling) and being busy at work I haven't had time to post. Reading through 10 pages of posts would be like a 2 page post from just me LOL so I took a break.

What do you want to discuss? I've finished the MSQ, and beat Susano EX. Planning on tackling Lakshmi tonight. I just hit ilvl 300 yesterday (I don't grind, or repeatedly spam content so I'm a little behind).

I'll touch a few points.

1) MSQ was good, not sure I liked it better than HW, but the production value definitely was better. I very much so liked Zenos. My personality kind of resonates with him. Even though Lyse's personality made sense, it was grating to me. I was tired of her half way through.

2) Content Structure is a little disappointing. I really hoped they'd do something new, but here we are, just the same thing. A literal template of the previous game that just kinda cuts and pastes pieces out. I'm glad though they didn't reuse the hunt gear method though.

3) The Menagerie fight was excellent. I was very pleased with the mechanics and the level of difficulty therein.

4) Susano EX was a very fun fight. I quite liked it. Felt like it had the right amount of RNG and clever use of existing mechanics to be fun. I was pretty glad to see some additional tanking mechanics.

5) RDM, SAM, and MNK threat is through the roof. I pride myself on my tanking DPS and survivability and these jobs coupled with exceptional players make it difficult (which is FUN ). It engages me. My goal as a PLD tank is to use flash as little as possible to 0 times if I can get away with it. I am not using str accessories because I am broke , but I wish I was.

Funny roulette story. So I was in leveling roulette. Shisui. I pulled the first 2 packs like I always do. It takes us over 3 minutes to clear those 6 mobs. I say, "I'll stick to slower pulls since our DPS is a little low."

Later on the RDM uses his LB on the boss when the boss is at .5%. No big deal. Second boss the same RDM uses his LB again on like less than 1%. This time I say something like it'd be better to use it on trash or as soon as you get it on a boss so it starts charging sooner and doesn't waste any potential damage.

This apparently finally triggered them and they said that I insulted them by saying they were bad dps and didn't know how to play, etc. Except I never said any of those things lol. I said OUR dps was low. That includes me too. I didn't say why it was low. It could be gear, job, poor play, lack of healer dps, etc. I didn't realize this at the time, but they were all in the same FC and they gave me the old boot. Like I'm a tank I can find a queue in seconds this doesn't hurt me and the only thing I needed was some EXP to hit the next MSQ wall.

Yeah sure I could have kept my mouth shut, but I was raised to treat people like you want to be treated and if I'm doing something incorrectly that could be inconveniencing others I'd like someone to point it out to me, direct and respectfully of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    I wasn't aware that he stopped posting here, I enjoyed debating with him. Very respectful even if you didn't see eye to eye.
    aww thank you. I'm still here see above.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i find a detrimental player can easily be spotted if you know the class. Take RDM. I have yet to see a bad RDM use skills like the mini bloodlust or aggro dump, verraise to save healer mana and so on. None of it will show specifically on them for a straight dps meter but like Tolkein said "The party can only move as fast as its slowest member".
    All of those things you reference show up in a parser. You can track cooldown usage and uptime, as well as healing done as well as the specific timing those events occured. Also a good RDM doesn't heal/raise when a healer can do it just fine. Sure to save a wipe, but otherwise you're better spent using your resources (MP/GCDs, etc.) on your actual role, damage.

So in essence, you're completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    "Easiest" way to get MIPs, do Shinryuu with a completely utterly useless healer partner.
    That was painful...
    MIP? Man in purple?

Want to talk about useless healing partners? I had one Susano EX run where both healers were perceivedly bad. I mean I had Rampart and Sheltron up, ate the tankbuster, then I sat there... for about 5-6 seconds at 20%hp, then 10%, then dead. Yes I could have healed myself, but honestly I don't need to mask their poor play. So the group falls apart. This wasn't our first wipe to healing issues btw.

I join another, one of the same healers joins in. I ask the PT leader to remove him because based on my previous group he was very poor. He responded with it was that other guys fault. So I give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's right.

We zone in and same healer lets OT die during ball soaking. Then lets me die after tank buster. Then they died to random aoe mechanic.

Then they say "lol, I'll leave."

As if wasting our time intentionally in content you have no business participating in is funny. Yeah thanks. rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I don't understand SE sometimes...

In pvp SMN DWT and Death Flare are the same button (basically DWT turns into Death Flare) same for Summon Bahamut and Enkindle Bahamut.

WHy isn't it the same in pve ? Just why ?
    I suspect its a trial implementation to see if its a viable and well liked feature to transition to other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'm guessing since PVP was never a huge thing among the FFXIV population they used it as a testbed to see the reaction of the playerbase. I would not be surprised one bit if we see it happen in 5.0 to PVE as well.
    Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You're going for the same medium I am!
    Yay! Just thought that I'd try to expand since small is running out of space for me.

I've walked into some medium houses in my ward to inspect the interior and I feel like that'd be perfect size for me.