Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Or, maybe, the Legion is the more pressing concern and these will be rapped up in later storylines...?
    We are still waiting for what happend with the Orc clans after SoO.(they never told anything about it and ignored everything) So i guess the Trolls also can wait till somebody at a blizzcon Q&A ask about troll leader an then suddenly we got one offscreen since this is the way they do storytelling these days on the Horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Genn just lives day-to-day blaming Sylvanas for his son's death.
    Blames son's murderer for son's death, clearly something is wrong with him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given the slow expansion of that plot and ramping up toward a more universal/primeval "Light vs. Shadow" narrative with the Old Gods, Void Lords, and the grand Army of the Light the faction conflict feels more and more like an old and out-of-date engine that is chugging the last wisps of its fuel.
    Let's not forget wich faction leader sided with an Old-God-corrupted shadow creature, though.

Deleted
    There seems little left of the Horde. Especially after SoO en recent developments.

Remember people complaining about Blizzard favouring the Horde for years? Seems the Alliance is on top now.
    Maybe because Metzen left?

His son jumped in front of the arrow. Technically it was kinda suicide.
    Try finding a court that would rule suicide on that. Especially considering the perp was involved in breaking and entering, so to speak.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    His son jumped in front of the arrow. Technically it was kinda suicide.
    I don't think that would be counted as suicide. Sylvanas may have not wanted anything to do with Gilnaes but she still ruined it.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not forget wich faction leader sided with an Old-God-corrupted shadow creature, though.
    Odyn shadow corrupted Helya, not the old gods....
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Or, maybe, the Legion is the more pressing concern and these will be rapped up in later storylines...?
    Not more pressing concerns than Anduin's progression or the instant update on the position of the High King though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Fandral Staghelm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Fandral Staghelm?
    I'm not sure Ragnaros could be classified as a shadow creature. Although you are close inasmuch he is also a raid boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Odyn shadow corrupted Helya, not the old gods....
    Yeah, we all know Odyn's been in the tentacle business all along.

I'm not sure Ragnaros could be classified as a shadow creature.
    Nightmare Lord can be though.

You don't get to substitute untold pieces of the lore with whatever pops up into your head. There's nothing in Heyla's story that mentions why she looks the way she does. Or any direct contact with the Old Gods for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I assume you mean Garrosh, but I'm not what you mean in the context of the game moving beyond the original faction war storyline? Garrosh did indeed dabble in the power of Y'Shaarj but he was disavowed by the Horde and the Alliance in the end.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, maybe read the chronicle lore? Odyn corrupted Helya.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    What's Blizzard doing with the Horde right now?
    Hopefully, laying the groundwork to completely dismantle it. Look it's been over 20 years... it's time for the race war to die. After Legion the Horde and Alliance should both loosen their ties. The players are Champions of Azeroth. Each zone shows both sides working together (maybe in friendly competition) with each other. PvP remains largely unchanged as the old BG's become reenactments of past skirmishes. WPvP becomes open Arena style like the WQ of Legion.

The max level PC can go to any city and begin to mend relations by taking quest and helping the individual races rebuild. A Dwarf could help the Tauren in the Barrens. Goblins could assist the Gnomes retake part of Gnomeregan. Orcs could help Night Elves drive the rest of the corruption from Felwood and replant the forest there. Point is there are a lot of stories that could be told while working together.

10+ Year Old Account
    The max level PC can go to any city and begin to mend relations by taking quest and helping the individual races rebuild. A Dwarf could help the Tauren in the Barrens. Goblins could assist the Gnomes retake part of Gnomeregan. Orcs could help Night Elves drive the rest of the corruption from Felwood and replant the forest there. Point is there are a lot of stories that could be told while working together.
    At best it sounds dreadfully boring.
    Holy shit lol

How so? With scaling and phasing technology you could see the zone change due to your direct actions. That would be a welcome change.

The soul of the horde is dead.
    If blizzard tried to do the same thing to the alliance there would be a riot.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Hopefully, laying the groundwork to completely dismantle it.
    Dismantle the only enjoyable faction in this game, yeah smart move....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    How so? With scaling and phasing technology you could see the zone change due to your direct actions. That would be a welcome change.
    Because the last thing WoW needs is more homogenization or getting rid of factions. If I wanted to be in Alliance cities id roll an Alliance character.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Khadgar isn't neutral. He's an Alliance lore figure willing to work with the Horde for the greater good and because he has a brain. Dalaran is still an Alliance city, and Horde is allowed back only to help pushing back the Legion.
    Same can be told about Malfurion, Tyrande and Velen.
    Dalaran has always been , and will continue to be a neutral city . It has nothing to do with Alliance. In fact one of the reasons Dalaran came to be, was that Alliance was trying to meddle in the mages experimentations , and they wanted a city where they could act as they wish.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares, honestly. I just want decent stories, which is hard to do in this sort of game. It is very difficult to make any major leaps with characters (and plot in general) because the backlash will be absurd if it isn't completely "balanced" between Horde and Alliance characters.

If you look at stuff like Game of Thrones, huge leaps in character plot draw people in. In WoW you can't even muck up a zone for story because people go BUT I LIKE THE WAY THE ZONE USED TO BE, PUT IT BACK, GIVE ME PRE-CHANGEDZONE SERVERS

I'm not saying kill everybody and nuke more Theramores, but take more risks. Legion is the first expansion in a while in which Blizz took some risks and I think it worked out fairly well in terms of de-stagnantizing the plot.

Getting ahead of myself though. For any storyline worth witnessing, Blizzard will need to decide what they want to do with the Alliance vs Horde stuff. You can't have sensible leadership on both sides of the fence if you want to have a never-ending Horde vs Alliance war, however they repeatedly kill off or demote leaders who will stir up shit.

For example, having Anduin as the Alliance lead was a terrible idea if a narrative full of conflict is what you want, because he is one of the most level-headed and peace-oriented characters in the game. And lord knows you can't have Anduin playing nice with Sylvanas shitting all over peace, because Horde players don't want to be "the bad guys" anymore than the Alliance do. Greymane would have made much more sense because he's aggressive, rash, and is fully prepared to get everyone killed if it means he gets his vengeance. This would have fueled the Horde vs Alliance BS for years to come.

Having said that, if Sylvanas goes through her redemption arch (which I assume is the direction they want to take with the whole "da spirits say you be good warchief, trust da spirits! its ya fate!") then fine, but end the damn faction war and let us all group together. As it stands, the Alliance vs Horde war is just plain forced as it is. And for what? So 16 year olds can feel good about their Horde logo tattoos and constant faction-war shit posting? It's almost as bad as republican vs democrat shitposting, none of it makes any sense and nobody will budge an inch in either direction.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2017-06-26 at 03:35 PM.

What's Blizzard doing with The Horde right now?
    Same shit they do with the game - destroying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love to see dwarves help tauren get rid of dwarven infestation in barrens.