Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    While you could argue that, no, rather this is being argued by the left regarding sexism and gender stereotyphes, I would like to point out two major differences between Cinderella and this story.
    Cinderella has been, since its inception and in all its interations, been never something else than a fictional story. It has not been sold to any audience, especially not an adult audience, as representitive of facts or as a true story. Cinderella's whole appeal is based on the difference between reality and fantasy and us rooting for the girl against all odds. Cinderella makes no claim that all girls can have a prince, rather this one girl gets to have hers. Thats what makes the story special to us.
    but propaganda is not meant to only be grounded in reality. Older forms of it have been pretty much fiction. Even ancient Pharaohs would make up military conquests to tell their people of.

It also can be a different angle of selling something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Do you like propaganda videos guys? I was wrong propaganda do not mean anything bad, because it still contain some truth:

Immigrant kills x people. Natives kill 2x PER CAPITA. Showing a video of a refugee doing something bad doesn't help your case. It just makes it clear that you have no idea what you're talking about and you don't have a place in civilization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like refugee bans are back on the menu.
    https://apnews.com/9c78ee01f1ab45ffb...&utm_medium=AP

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It doesn't though. If you're being treated better because of being white, it's white privilege. This applies even in countries that do not have a white majority.
    If you're being treated better because you're *Insert skin color/tone* it's *Insert skin color/tone* privilege?

This just makes everyone privileged, because people of all skin colors get some preferential treatment depending where they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It doesn't though. If you're being treated better because of being white, it's white privilege. This applies even in countries that do not have a white majority.
    What the fuck are you going on about.
    I am more and more concerned of the categorization bs we get to read on here everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Immigrant kills x people. Natives kill 2x PER CAPITA. Showing a video of a refugee doing something bad doesn't help your case. It just makes it clear that you have no idea what you're talking about and you don't have a place in civilization.
    "a refugee" ?

Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but propaganda is not meant to only be grounded in reality. Older forms of it have been pretty much fiction. Even ancient Pharaohs would make up military conquests to tell their people of.

It also can be a different angle of selling something.
    Which is the point. Pharaoes havent told the people about this one clearly fictional godking who once upon a time rode in a pumpkin chariot defeating the enemies demon army, took a harem of catgirls as his slaves and lived happily ever after.

Thats not the same as making shit up on your CV to fool somebody into giving you a job, that, under proper and realistic presentation of your skills and background, you would NEVER have been given. Which is what the kings of old did. Which is exactly what this video does.

Conversation's over.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-06-26 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Which is the point. Pharaoes havent told the people about this one clearly fictional godking who once upon a time rode in a pumpkin chariot defeating the enemies demon army, took a harem of catgirls as his slaves and lived happily ever after.

Thats not the same as making shit up on your CV to fool somebody into giving you a job, that, under proper and realistic presentation of your skills and background, you would NEVER have been given. Which is exactly what this video does.

Conversation's over.
    Ah, I see your tactics now. I am glad this conversation is over as you didnt add much to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    OP, you are a completely clueless person.

One has to have a very small mind to think that all emmigrants are just trouble makers.

I deal with refugees twice every week for 3 hours. They are good people and they are doing their best to make it here (and i will tell you by experience it isnt easy). Theres rotten apples eveywhere and you can't judge them all for what a few do. That is racism and is complete detached from the reality of the vast majorities of refugees that are trying to adapt.

You would be better off making a case for their religious habits (the burka). That i could get behind, but not beeing truly terrible to honest people who are victims of war.
    1. I never said that all of them are trouble makers.
    2. If there are rotten apples, maybe it would be time to do something about it?
    3. Discussing religion is not allowed on those forums. Besides not all of those illegal group of people are muslim.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-26 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    If you're being treated better because you're *Insert skin color/tone* it's *Insert skin color/tone* privilege?

This just makes everyone privileged, because people of all skin colors get some preferential treatment depending where they are.
    White privilege means that, on average, white people have it easier than black people. That's an undeniable fact. It's only controversial because some people get butthurt about their inability to understand what institutional racism is.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I don't care about statistics. France, Calais, and near roads are hell on earth now, and police there is doing NOTHING to prevent that. Someone would think that if they are there illegally should be deported, and if they are there legally maybe it would be a good time to take them from fucking roads? But I guess no one really want to do anything since they would be called racist. How great society we are living in that accept that invaders come here and they block roads in order to hijack or to get on truck, and they are not punished for it ...

Great thing is that you have no power against me.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I don't care about statistics. France, Calais, and near roads are hell on earth now, and police there is doing NOTHING to prevent that. Someone would think that if they are there illegally should be deported, and if they are there legally maybe it would be a good time to take them from fucking roads? But I guess no one really want to do anything since they would be called racist. How great society we are living in that accept that invaders come here and they block roads in order to hijack or to get on truck, and they are not punished for it ...

Great thing is that you have no power against me.
    Maybe you don't realize it, but the argument you just made is "I don't care about facts! I care about how scared I am! My fear is more important than facts!"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    White privilege means that, on average, white people have it easier than black people. That's an undeniable fact. It's only controversial because some people get butthurt about their inability to understand what institutional racism is.
    You just like to segregate people don't you?

You just like to segregate people don't you?
    Thank you for proving my point.
    -ynnady

Maybe you don't realize it, but the argument you just made is "I don't care about facts! I care about how scared I am! My fear is more important than facts!"
    Well you don't care about fact of terrible stuff going on in France, and local authorities doing nothing to prevent this stuff from happening. So what is your point? Let them block roads, burn cars, because native people are worse in numbers? I guess those facts do not matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for proving my point.
    Vice versa.

Well you don't care about fact of terrible stuff going on in France, and local authorities doing nothing to prevent this stuff from happening. So what is your point? Let them block roads, burn cars, because native people are worse in numbers? I guess those facts do not matter.
    I care about whether something is a genuine threat or not, and terrorism/refugees just aren't. There are no numbers. There are just feverish panic-attacks over anecdotes. It's the same reason I don't concern myself with incredibly rare diseases or other problems that are horrific when they happen, but ultimately not genuine threats. Fear is easy, because it is inherently prone to the irrational, and that's why it's a poor basis for policy.

I will continue awaiting the part of my point about white privilege you actually have a problem with, because thus far it seems that you are just mad that I acknowledge the existence of white people and black people.
    -ynnady

I care about whether something is a genuine threat or not, and terrorism/refugees just aren't.
    Not refugees/terrorists, but invaders. Are you from civilized country? Can you just walk on motorway?

Pedestrians must not be on motorways or slip roads except in an emergency (see rules 271 and 275).

Laws RO Art 20 & MTR reg 13(1)(b)
    Is burning cars and blocking road an emergency? Do you really believe that they should just keep going? It seems like 'refugee privilege'.

Not refugees/terrorists, but invaders. Are you from civilized country? Can you just walk on motorway?

Is burning cars and blocking road an emergency? Do you really believe that they should just keep going? It seems like 'refugee privilege'.
    You are just appealing to more anecdotes and fear. As I said, I am not impressed by or swayed by how much you pee your pants over this.
    -ynnady

You are just appealing to more anecdotes and fear. As I said, I am not impressed by or swayed by how much you pee your pants over this.
    Great. I'm not impressed by how ignorant you are.

Great. I'm not impressed by how ignorant you are.
    I'm not the one here arguing that actual statistics are unimportant because I'm too scared to be rational.
    -ynnady

I'm not the one here arguing that actual statistics are unimportant because I'm too scared to be rational.
    I'm not the one here arguing that statistics are more important than people dying because some bastards put tree on road and setting it on fire, in order to stop people and burn their cars.

Unimportant. Because I'm too involved in fight for fake diversity to be rational.
    I fixed it for you.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-26 at 04:20 PM.