Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It actually shows how far they have come that the police used rubber bullets.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They broke the law and they weren't killed, some fuhrer.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It actually shows how far they have come that the police used rubber bullets.
    Maybe we can work it down to hoses in a few decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Maybe we can work it down to hoses in a few decades.
    That's too soon for flamethrowers.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean thats a bit presumptuous, same sex activity has been legal in Turkey since the Ottomans, the US still had slaves at that time.
    Didn't much of Europe too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I would say something about Human Rights and the UN capability to defend Freedom Of Expression at the national level of other countries, but then again Saudi Arabia is part of the UN so it seems they don't really care about it.
    It's certainly not a deal breaker for the UN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say something about Human Rights and the UN capability to defend Freedom Of Expression at the national level of other countries, but then again Saudi Arabia is part of the UN so it seems they don't really care about it.
    This has nothing to do with human rights or right of expression. They can freely be proud at some private location. I wonder why they specifically choose public ones...

I have always been fascinated that marches and protests are banned due to security concerns.
    How about you FIX THOSE SECURITY ISSUES (which might not even exist xD) instead of just banning things? But, alas, I am asking too much from a country currently going backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I generally don't pay any attention to protesters. However, I have noticed that many do have a propensity to become violent.

There are exceptions.
    So...let me get this right. You don't pay any attention to protesters but you noticed that many become violent? You might want to read that again a few times until you see what's wrong with it.

Why not just come out and say "I don't pay attention except to the articles that feed my bias."

Cause if you were paying attention you'd notice that a vast majority of protests happen without any violence.

I generally don't pay any attention to protesters. However, I have noticed that many do have a propensity to become violent.

There are exceptions.
    Please attend more protests. Get right up in them and observe their violence first hand.

I wish the USA would learn something from this. I don't care if you are gay. You were born that way, can't help who you are attracted to, and it doesn't effect me. With that said, you DO NOT NEED A PARADE TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. People blocking traffic or stores or public areas to slam their agenda down other peoples throats should be shot with real bullets, but rubber is a good start I guess. Give them a few volleys of rubber so they have a chance to re think it and disperse.

"Istanbul has traditionally been seen as a relative safe haven by members of the gay community from elsewhere in the Middle East, including refugees from Syria and Iraq.

But although homosexuality is not a crime in Turkey, unlike many other Muslim countries, homophobia remains widespread."

Read the post. Are gays allowed? Yes. Do people have to like them? No. Get over it. People don't have to love and respect you, as long as you aren't being attacked or kicked out of your house take it as a win and leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So...let me get this right. You don't pay any attention to protesters but you noticed that many become violent? You might want to read that again a few times until you see what's wrong with it.

Cause if you were paying attention you'd notice that a vast majority of protests happen without any violence.
    That's right, I don't go out of my way to give them any of my extra attention. I give them a passing glance and move on.
    Have a wonderful day.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's right, I don't go out of my way to give them any of my extra attention. I give them a passing glance and move on.
    Have a wonderful day.
    So why did you feel comfortable making the assertion that many become violent? What facts did you use to come to this conclusion? I'm assuming you have facts and details to back this up given how adamant you are in other threads that people present information truthfully.

Banning out of security concern...Their modus operandi for preventing any sort of event they don't like.

Have a wonderful day.
    No, no. Please. Get right in there. Learn and report back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Please attend more protests. Get right up in them and observe their violence first hand.
    As I have said, protesting isn't my thing. If people have time and passion to do it, good for them. They shouldn't stoop to violence though.

- - - Updated - - -

So why did you feel comfortable making the assertion that many become violent? What facts did you use to come to this conclusion? I'm assuming you have facts and details to back this up given how adamant you are in other threads that people present information truthfully.
    I am sure we have all seen the results of riots on TV.
    Hell, this thread is a perfect example of "peaceful" protests gone awry.
    The reason I came to this thread is to read the comments as I knew most of them them wouldn't really be about the OP. And true to form I wasn't disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Homophobia left unchecked will result in things that have happened in Russia and Chechnya. Until there is wide spread acceptance people will always push to marginalize those who they see as less then themselves.
    Nah man, its totez okay to spit on and beat up those evil gays!

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure we have all seen the results of riots on TV.
    Ah, so it's as i said, just confirmation bias.

Hell, this thread is a perfect example of "peaceful" protests gone awry.
    Eh? There violence in this thread? That's kind of a....stretch don't you think?

Much like you challenged everyone to speak truthfully and honestly about what is actually said on twitter and by WH spokespeople I will also challenge you to not make significant assertions as fact just because you heard a few things in the news.

Why not just come out and say "I don't pay attention except to the articles that feed my bias."

Don't forget, this is the guy who brags about being ignorant, and actually uses that as a defense.

As I have said, protesting isn't my thing. If people have time and passion to do it, good for them. They shouldn't stoop to violence though.
    You're missing the point. Intentionally. You're claiming that protests are all about the violence, without having observed anything. I want you to get up close and personal and observe the violence first-hand so you'll be able to speak authoritatively instead of out your ass.

Granted you may have to do it from the hospital but that'll only enhance your attempts to speak from authority.