Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's small things that can make it questionable.

Like, on the stats page mastery is still described as the 7.2 mastery despite the page apparently having been "reviewed and deemed updated for 7.2.5". And the numbers for all of the shardbit generation are taken directly from the patch notes instead of the game, so they're all wrong. It's not particularly useful if you're just learning when the core mechanic is spelled out incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    For the same reason idiots shit on Wikipedia even when the subject pages are maintained by established university professors.
    Except that Furty is far from fucking established university professor.

He is not even playing warlock at the moment and the guide is a complete mess.

People shit on it because it's no longer properly maintained and just spreads misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    For the same reason idiots shit on Wikipedia even when the subject pages are maintained by established university professors.
    Except that Furty is far from fucking established university professor.

People shit on it because it's no longer properly maintained and just spreads misinformation.

I mean really... look at this:

2. Talent Choice

These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. These talents aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.

Level 15: Backdraft
    Level 30: Reverse Entropy
    Level 45: Demonic Circle
    Level 60: Soul Harvest
    Level 75: Demon Skin
    Level 90: Grimoire of Sacrifice
    Level 100: Soul Conduit (single target) OR Wreak Havoc (2-3 target cleave) OR Channel Demonfire (4+ targets)

EL-OH-EL???

10+ Year Old Account
    But whatever you linked is also incorrect?

First of all the go to talent is Eradication in ST and F&B in 2-3 targets/AoE. Guide refuses to even consider Shadowburn a viable pick where it actually is a good alternative on any add fight.

Same shit going further on with stat priorities and so on and so forth.

Basically this is the problem - guide made by person who no longer plays warlock and is not on the ball.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-06-22 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

First of all the go to talent is Eradication in ST and F&B in 2-3 targets/AoE. Guide refuses to even consider Shadowburn a viable pick where it actually is a good alternative on any add fight.

Basically this is the problem - guide made by person who no longer plays warlock and is not on the ball.
    Even when he was playing, furty was an amazing warlock and a far less than amazing theory crafter. There's a difference (or should be) between the people we look to for advice on execution vs advice on preparation.

You mean according to theorycrafters in Warlock Discord, which Pyromancer shamelessly plagiarized.
    I mean, there was quite a lot of shame involved :P
    Resident BM Asshole

Ok thanks - I just came back from a break and wasn't sure. I know at the start of the expansion Furty wasn't playing warlock much and was kind of down on it. And the IV guide doesn't seem to have changed much at all since the one that was created at launch.

Thanks for the responses, I've been checking out lockonestopshop.com and I'm looking forward to the updated guide from Brusalk.

I find it odd that according to sims our t19 4p tanked in value or something because supposedly the new tier bonuses are slightly better but iirc the old set bonuses used to be worth like 8% and the new one is supposedly around 4-5.

The value of the old bonus would have dropped with the changes, but I have a hard time imagining that it cut their value in half. Am I just remembering the old value wrong?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Well it could be the changes to the bonus plus the lowered generation on conflag itself.

I don't know that it's right and I'm suspicious, but it definitely could be right.

Chance they were improperly coded before ? I don't remember the value from before, either, tho.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Doubt it was the coding, they did get hit from multiple angles so I expected it to go down but it seems like it went down a lot more than what I thought.

I was just under the impression that I'd potentially be losing damage swapping to the new bonuses unless there was enough ilvl with the way people were reacting and when I bothered to sim everything out to myself the new bonuses are better at equal ilvl.

Deleted

I switched to destro from demo, where can i read an accurate guide about destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I switched to destro from demo, where can i read an accurate guide about destruction?
    Lock One Stop Shop is a fantastic resource, highly recommended

Could someone explain to me rotation priority on aoe.

Lets say regular pack of 4-5 mobs in m+ or opener in desolate host.
    If i am using ELT, sarcifice, F&B and CDF.

How long should targets live for it to be worth to immolate them? (thinking about mistress, harjatan adds)
    How many targets to spam RoF on? And is it worth going conduit at some point for that?
    Whats the best havoc usage? To generate or spend. Or always use havoc to spend shards.
    At how many targets do i just spam incinerate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Whatever you do, don't visit destructions discord.

Just got the Soul of the Netherlord ring. I consider the second tier of talents the hardest choice because both Eradication and ELT are very strong talents. And now having both of them I just can't understand why on earth Feratory is ahead according to lockonestopshop rankings. Probably in maths shard procs happen way too often than they do in real situation or its just because the ring doesn't have intellect on - i don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dem Dragons View Post
    Whatever you do, don't visit destructions discord.
    Although Warlock Discord channels are ruled by cliques and Destruction is the worst of them, with memes running unchecked and general mindset being to ridicule as opposed to discuss ideas and questions which clash with world view of some privileged individuals there, it can still serve as a decent pointer for quick get in, ask question and get out information source.

Basically get there, toss question, get answer and get out as soon as you see some pepe or rage emoticon popping up, because that's a roll call for trolling storm there, really.

It's certainly not altered time, but it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-06-27 at 10:16 AM.

Basically get there, toss question, get answer and get out as soon as you see some pepe or rage emoticon popping up, because that's a roll call for trolling storm there, really.
    So RB or BD?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So RB or BD?
    Don't forget the ever-so-useful "guys, I just got a lucky super titanforged item" proclamations.

I wonder whether current tooltip for Chaos Bolt is bugged.
    Mine says something like "hits for 820k damage, always crits, crit adds to damage", thus I expect it to hit for 1.64 mil minimum (w/o adding crit damage, procs, RNG-mastery), but I keep seeing 1.3-1.5 mil hits.
    So, the question is - what is the damage on tooltip? Is it baseline damage (i.e. before crit), or crit-modified damage (i.e. double-baseline, but w/o additional crit modifier), or mastery-affected baseline (baseline + stable mastery modifier), or something else entirely?

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt

[2 * (560% of Spell power)] => the "always crit part" is already calculated.
    So for you, it's (820k * crit * mastery * versa).