Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Whole situation is very simple - both Ornyx and Jeff first told what they really think (and they're both right btw), but Jeff is head of Overwatch dev team, so there are things that he can't really say - he is face of Overwatch right now and jerks also play and spend money on this game.
    lol Ornyx was 100% wrong. He/she was not only wrong, but an asshole while being wrong.

That's like someone asking "Climate change is a serious issue and the government should do something to help" and he replies "OMG YOU DRIVE A CAR SO I'M NOT LISTENING!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You want to talk about warcraftrealms? The game *is* dying and the graphs do show that plenty, you got that right. If you want to argue the graphs don't show that, be my guest but please say something at least vaguely related to math.
    I mean the whole idea of counting subs has been stupid for a lot of the things they use them for. Even the "almost nobody raids" has been stupid to use subs since it's well known a lot of top end players have upwards of 5 accounts.

Regardless of how the situations were handled or even the situations in general Jeff Kaplan has always been the person who went above and beyond. The same goes for Ben Brode. They're easily my favorite top 2 at Blizzard because they don't fit the same mold, as what seems to now be, the core philosophy of "fuck the players we're just gonna do our own thing". That's why Overwatch and Hearthstone do extremely well, the 2 names of the games actually listen and read feedback and then implement changes based on the feedback. With WoW Devs you can get one of my personal favorites "You're not playing the class correctly" or "We didn't like it" even though overwhelming amounts of feedback are saying the same things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The person he quoted was neither nasty nor retarded. They said 1 simple statement that was not even remotely rude. Try again. Also their account wide achievements made it clear it was an alt of someone who actually was clearing content. People post on certain characters because they prefer the name/avatar on the official forums.

So yeah.... you're completely wrong. The only one who needs a safe space are you and Ornyx who apparently can't TAKE criticism and call all criticism "retarded" etc.

Enough snarky and retardness to get rekt by ornyx.

Stop defend trollish attitude.

"what else is there" is not constructive criticism, deal with it.

^^ I don't think Hearthstone is doing well. It used to do well a year ago or so. Now, perhaps not so much. They overdid it with RNG and monetization, like in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Where is it in your screen?

- - - Updated - - -

It is a question. One that happens to have no good answer, which is why Ornyx went off his rocker and violated basic rules of business conduct.

Deal with it.

Enough snarky and retardness to get rekt by ornyx.

Once again: Everything in that was valid and constructive.

You're just too bitter and sad to really know the difference. They didn't "get rekt". If anything Ornyx got rekt if you kept reading the thread and by showing what a douche Ornyx was simply making that post.

Deleted
    No it isn't, really you have some problem to discern -constructive- vs -trollish-

Can't help there.

---

Oh well let me help you

CONSTRUCTIVE : Hey devs, writhing essence above 50 are lost after turn the quest, this is pretty bad design can you fix it? ù

TROLLISH : There is nothing to do in Legion (dat I like)
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-06-26 at 04:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    New challenger appears!

http://shamanreview.ytmnd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it was applied directly to his account by blizzard so it began the moment it was applied.
    No it wasn't. Kaplan even stated he could give the game time to another player if he did not want to play WoW.

Lets face it, majority of "gamers" these days are massive cunts. It gives me nothing but pleasure when devs react like this and it would be even better if they would stop apologizing afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    A while ago we had a thread about Community Manager Ornyx calling a player out on the WoW forums for "trolling"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-smack-down!

A lot of forum members cheered for Ornyx (not me though).

Something similar happened on the Overwatch forums, involving game director Jeff Kaplan. Now watch how he resolves the situation:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...e-kaplanverse/

After a bit of drama:

Like a baws! At least there are still some people at Blizzard who know how it's done. Can we haz a Jeff Kaplan clone for the WoW team, pls?
    I think there is a stark contrast here.

Checking a player's armory who is making a comment about the lack of content, to see how much of the current xpac they have actually experienced. Is a complete fair tactic to validate the poster's claim that there isn't much else beyond AP farming.

Quite frankly, Jeff Kaplan's "victim" deserved far worse.

Whether or not the initial poster deserved the snarkyness isn't your point though is it? Your point is that it wasn't professional/good customer service.

First let me just say that gifting a OVERWATCH player a year of WoW... is kind of its own insult. Why not gift him $100 blizz bucks? No you give him WoW for one of 2 reasons:

(1) You're commenting on the type of player he is (without coming out and saying it)

(2) You're telling him to go play something else because you don't want him in OW

Lastly, this doesn't earn him some excellent customer service award. This is damage control and rewarding bad behavior. Jeff lost 10 points for bad customer service, and gained 10 for making it up to him... that's a zero folks. Neutral.

All this REALLY does is make community manager's jobs harder. Jeff is not a community manager and is not in the thick of it on a daily basis like Ornyx. So by coming in and gifting an asshole a year of WoW for being an asshole, is just going to encourage other people to behave like an asshole in the hopes of provoking a Blizzard employee to behave inappropriately and in turn reward them for bad behavior.

Regardless of your views on customer service, the customer is NOT always right, and on the forums you are expected to conduct yourself in a very specific manner which does not include behaving like an asshole. In both situations if the Blizzard employee thought the poster was trolling, they should have just taken action per forum guidelines/tos.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ^^ I don't think Hearthstone is doing well. It used to do well a year ago or so. Now, perhaps not so much. They overdid it with RNG and monetization, like in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is it in your screen?

- - - Updated - - -

It is a question. One that happens to have no good answer, which is why Ornyx went off his rocker and violated basic rules of business conduct.

Deal with it.
    Hearthstone has more players than ever before, just watch ben's last video, he just said that.

On topic, he should have just banned that idiot from the forum, like all other stupid trolls instead of bashing him, but w/e i laughed hard about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Hearthstone has more players than ever before, just watch ben's last video, he just said that.
    They keep reporting the number of registered accounts. That number can't ever go down, it is cumulative. I am talking about, say, the number of unique players per month. I don't think that grows (I think it declines), but if Ben said something about that, I'd be grateful for a link.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    In both situations if the Blizzard employee thought the poster was trolling, they should have just taken action per forum guidelines/tos.
    That's my point exactly. The posters in both cases did not attack anyone personally, or did they?

They just expressed a thought/sentiment. It doesn't actually matter whether or not it is objectively correct or not. Nobody is forced to share their view. They could just have ignored it. It is their damn opinion and they are entitled to it.

Both Blizzard employees exposed the posters, even exposing more or less private data that is nobodies business and belittled them. It is not about only about customer service. It is about values, rolemodels, adhering to the rules set by the company themselves if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Lets face it, majority of "gamers" these days are massive cunts. It gives me nothing but pleasure when devs react like this and it would be even better if they would stop apologizing afterwards.
    Me too. That way when you're in the same or similar situation you can think fondly upon this post where you referred to yourself as a "massive cunt".