Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I hate to say i told ya so.

No no i don't actually lol. Hahaha.

The president is and was well within his consitutional authority to enact the ban.

I hope it stays and gets renewed every 90 days. Dont need #prayfor________, with american city names.
    The ruling on whether the ban is constitutional or not takes place in October. They are allowing it to partially go through until they hear arguments / make a ruling then.

10+ Year Old Account

2. Well, it cant hurt.
    Very bad logic when it comes to government authority.

If they can re-brand it away from a "muslim ban" for court, then it will probably stay, but Trump's own words are going to make this difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Two votes away from the full ban being enacted, and Trump might be replacing Kennedy and Ginsburg during his 1st term.
    Must be lovely to have a partisan court system.

Two votes away from the full ban being enacted, and Trump might be replacing Kennedy and Ginsburg during his 1st term.

- - - Updated - - -

All 3 of which were vetted by the previous administration and deemed to be not as threatening domestically as the countries on the list.
    But but, Obama weakened America soooo much on the foreign policy front, how could the Fuckface Von Clownstick just accept their findings??

What a beta, amiright??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Must be lovely to have a partisan court system.
    Incoming "original intent" response soon.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Did I stutter? Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have far too much leverage on the US. I could not care any less about what Obama thought of them, or his administration's thoughts on them. I was critical of him on the issue of those countries then, and I am critical of it now.
    I mean ok? The intelligence told us they weren't a threat to infiltrate the country and commit an attack, but you just want to add them to list just because?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean ok? The intelligence told us they weren't a threat to infiltrate the country and commit an attack, but you just want to add them to list just because?
    The huge amount of terror ties they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Everyone knew this was in the presidents power, I doubt anyone is surprised about this.
    Most people were only concerned about the complete ineptitude of the original 'edicts'.... properly written and executed it isn't a big issue.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    The ruling on whether the ban is constitutional or not takes place in October. They are allowing it to partially go through until they hear arguments / make a ruling then.
    The fact that they reinstated portions of the ban and are even hearing the case is pretty ominous.

The courts blocking his executive order was deemed testament to trumps and his administrations incompetence and a great embarassment. The obvious illegality of such action was often cited as the primary reason to come to this conclusion by the media and various groups opposed to this order.
    Now that the highest court of the united states has reinstated the travel ban including the 120 day travel ban, is this loss in front of the supreme court a sign of the plaintiffs and the demoncrats incompetence? Is the obvious overstatement of the matters simplicity by media and groups opposed to the order what conservatives can now gleefully call an equaly great embarassment?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they reinstated portions of the ban and are even hearing the case is pretty ominous.
    No, its fairly standard for something like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    The courts blocking his executive order was deemed testament to trumps and his administrations incompetence and a great embarassment. The obvious illegality of such action was often cited as the primary reason to come to this conclusion by the media and various groups opposed to this order.
    Now that the highest court of the united states has reinstated the travel ban including the 120 day travel ban, is this loss in front of the supreme court a sign of the plaintiffs and the demoncrats incompetence? Is the obvious overstatement of the matters simplicity by media and groups opposed to the order what conservatives can now gleefully call an equaly great embarassment?
    Not how it works..... at all....

If this gives you hope to get a win for your football team, go for it I guess. You really shouldn't get your hopes up when the case will go either way depending on the arguments put forth.

Not how it works..... at all....
    Please elaborate. I would like an explanation because it appears that this is pretty much exactly the way this works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Please elaborate
    You seem to equate the court with making statements about incompetence. Generally they focus on law, policy, and arguments. This is regardless to what brain dead people on here say about justices.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with it.

Like the ban or not, like the president or not, the executive branch is granted very broad authority of immigration. He is well within his powers to enact the ban and in my opinions, the lower courts were wrong in their interpretation of the constitution when they struck it down.

- - - Updated - - -

I was on a phone earlier.
    "This has nothing to do with it"

"I hope the ban gets reinstated every 90 days to stop cities in the US to have a #PrayFor____ tag"

Uh-huh. At least don't insult my intelligence.

Whew! Glad they are letting the ban go through, it's been 6 months since Trump signed the EO, look at how many terrorists have gotten into the US during that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Whew! Glad they are letting the ban go through, it's been 6 months since Trump signed the EO, look at how many terrorists have gotten into the US during that time.
    Millions upon millions. Me and Tony are barricading right now.

It's a YUGE problem, massive. This SCOTUS ruling will be the best one, let me tell you, the best ruling you've ever seen.

SEE YOU IN COURT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "This has nothing to do with it"

"I hope the ban gets reinstated every 90 days to stop cities in the US to have a #PrayFor____ tag"

Uh-huh. At least don't insult my intelligence.
    My personal feelings about it and the argument itself are separate.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill get the guns.

In all honesty, all jokes about terrorism aside. I scratch my head wondering why people feel like ANYONE automatically deserves to come to this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal feelings about it and the argument itself are separate.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill get the guns.

In all honesty, all jokes about terrorism aside. I scratch my head wondering why people feel like ANYONE automatically deserves to come to this country.
    I'd ask the ones the US invaded in recent history first :P