Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

SNES Classic Release Date Confirmed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...nced-and-dated

Nintendo has announced the Super NES Classic Edition, and announced that it will be released on September 29 at a suggested retail price of $79.99 USD (prices for the UK and Australia are not available at time of writing).

The follow-up to the NES Classic Edition (which will be called the 'Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System' in Europe) includes 21 titles - including Star Fox 2, a game that had previously never been released.

A full list of included games follows:

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
    Donkey Kong Country™
    EarthBound™
    Final Fantasy III
    F-ZERO™
    Kirby™ Super Star
    Kirby’s Dream Course™
    The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
    Mega Man® X
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox™
    Star Fox™ 2
    Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    Super Castlevania IV™
    Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
    Super Mario Kart™
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
    Super Mario World™
    Super Metroid™
    Super Punch-Out!! ™
    Yoshi’s Island™
    Developing...
    Hope Nintendo doesn't screw people over and keeps this in stock....doubt it tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo keeping things in stock? Lol

Meh, not really interested in SNES--nor the list of games that are here (except for Mario World, Star Fox, and Mario Kart). When SNES came out I much preferred my NES and kept playing it and still have it. Then, it was Sonic time.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-06-26 at 04:36 PM.

I legit want the hell out of this and will nab one if I can, but I fully expect severe hardware shortages yet again because fucking Nintendo.

The biggest thing is Nintendo is actually releasing the cancelled Star Fox 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I legit want the hell out of this and will nab one if I can, but I fully expect severe hardware shortages yet again because fucking Nintendo.
    I want to get one for my mom since the SNES was her fav system.

But like you said I expect severe hardware shortages yet again...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend was out of the country during the last time to sell them was around. He is gonna go crazy with this lol.

The games are actually fucking great.

No Chrono Trigger? Nintendo, I am disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star fox 2? hm... idk my man, if true then it'd be out of stock permanently, also somehow the NES classic was like 70% more expensive where i live, no one bought that shit.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point. There are already companies who make consoles which plan SNES games.

The Hyperkin Supaboy for instance. It is a console which you can play SNES games on, has 2 controller ports, RCA, and AC adapters. And it also acts are a handheld for when you are on the go.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'll consider getting one, but price seems a little high. I still wish they had considered adding port for expandable game packs.

See they still call FF6 number 3 over there.

Also might get this for a friend since I have a SNES but as people have said expect hardware shortages because Nintendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I don't see the point. There are already companies who make consoles which plan SNES games.

The Hyperkin Supaboy for instance. It is a console which you can play SNES games on, has 2 controller ports, RCA, and AC adapters. And it also acts are a handheld for when you are on the go.
    Hyperkin Retron 5 is better imo. SNES/SFC, NES/FC, GB/GBC/GBA and Mega Drive all rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    No Chrono Trigger? Nintendo, I am disappoint.
    This! but hey Secret of Mana was also great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    This! but hey Secret of Mana was also great.
    Secret of Mana basically covers the value. That game still goes for between $50-$80.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If these low stock consoles are the reason Virtual Console hasn't been released on the Switch, so help me god... They also better not restrict Star Fox 2 to the SNES classic as the only legal way to buy the game. Seriously, don't fuck this up Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Super Metroid and Secret of Mana, done.

Getting one for my dad though. It's one that I know he really wants.

https://www.destructoid.com/rumor-sn...--444727.phtml

Rumor: Destructoid's Jonathan Holmes talked to three Gamestop managers about a company wide meeting earlier this year with Nintendo over the SNES Classic, and it looks like the SNES Classic is just to drum up hype, headlines, and foot traffic.

Just gonna quote the relevant passages:

One thing led to another, and he eventually let loose with a story about how Nintendo had told him and other store managers at a "behind closed doors event" that a SNES Classic plug-and-play system was in the works. He specifically said that there was no release date for it, but that his guess was that it would "drop this holiday" and "would be made in short supply just to piss people like me off ha ha ha!"
    This manager seemed pretty surprised when I asked if they could confirm or deny the news of a SNES Classic in the works. After assuring them that I was with "the press," and that their identity would remain secret, they were willing to open up a bit. They said that they too had been to a behind closed doors meeting with a Nintendo representative who confirmed that the SNES Classic was going to happen, and that their stores should prepare a line up for a number system accordingly. "They wanted to hype us up, but we all just sort of groaned" they said, with a nervous but flattered look on their face. I thanked them and headed out to another store.
    He said "Yes, there is going to be a SNES Classic. No, it does not have a release date. No, Nintendo would not confirm that a N64 Classic would be coming next year. Yes, I will buy it day one if and when they make it, because Smash 64 is the best in the series, but no, it's obvious why they're doing this. They aren't doing it for simple, direct profits. The real money is in games and licensing, but you can only sell so many games to so many hardcore gamers before you reach that ceiling. So they're playing head games. At least, that's how it sounded to me."

"With these plug-and-play systems, they want headlines and foot traffic, dude. The Switch and the 3DS sell great, but if you want to get the normies out there to take a break from their regular Facebook and YouTube routines and do a Google search for 'New Nintendo system,' or better yet, actually walk into the Nintendo section of a store like this, you have to pander to that lowest common denominator with cheap shit and nostalgia. Works every time, dude."

10+ Year Old Account
    Be quick on pre-ordering if you want one when they become available. I know people who ordered a NES classic via retailers months before it came out that Nintendo were ceasing with production and didn't get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to preorder? Or is it gonna be a first come, first serve kinda deal?

Pretty good choice of games. F-Zero, FF3, Kirbys Dream Course and Earthbound??

I might actually buy this.