View Poll Results: Would you like a feature like this?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • Yes

31 68.89%
  • No

10 22.22%
  • Sure, but I probably wouldn't do it.

4 8.89%

Zone wide Kalimdor & EK World quests

What I mean by zone wide is more so along the lines of invasions but for old zones "Stop the alliance or stop the horde from gathering resources in Arathi Highlands." Etc.

And gives rewards similar to current WQ system, I feel it may be a way to bring back some action in many of the old zones? And they can add achievements to earn zone specific pets, mounts etc after doing so many different varieties of quests in a particular zone...

The question is, would you participate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if they make another revamp expansion of old zones they'd probably do that. But for now, I'm not really in the mood to go all the way to desolace just for a bit of AP
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

So the same rewards with the additional chore of having to travel through outdated content as well? No, thank you.

Could see this as a more dynamic levelling experience for low levels, but certainly not at max level.

As a max level character I doubt this would be worth the travel time. As a leveling character to have your zone flooded with max level characters would be awful.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz can wow2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    What I mean by zone wide is more so along the lines of invasions but for old zones "Stop the alliance or stop the horde from gathering resources in Arathi Highlands." Etc.

And gives rewards similar to current WQ system, I feel it may be a way to bring back some action in many of the old zones? And they can add achievements to earn zone specific pets, mounts etc after doing so many different varieties of quests in a particular zone...

The question is, would you participate?
    World quests are nothing more than glorified dailies, and personally, I preferred the MoP system since it... you know... gave some meaning to the pointless grind for faction reputation.

This is pretty much the main reason why another old world revamp seems like a likely candidate for a coming expansion. The WQ system is a way for the devs to finally make all of those old areas perpetually relevant again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see it added to other zones to create a more sense of expectation in the zones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    As a max level character I doubt this would be worth the travel time. As a leveling character to have your zone flooded with max level characters would be awful.
    A world quest system would be pretty awesome for the leveling experience as well. They could make a short story line for each zone in the form of world quests, the current quests are way to long and out dated, why quest when you can just dungeon que.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So the same rewards with the additional chore of having to travel through outdated content as well? No, thank you.

Could see this as a more dynamic levelling experience for low levels, but certainly not at max level.
    Not all the same rewards, like I said for those interested in toys mounts etc, it could easily be a feature that could support those things (I would personally love more transformation items )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I have been playing a ton of Final Fantasy XIV lately and I like the fate system. You can totally ignore most of the lower level ones but I like the idea of having more stuff going on in the world that still gives a slight reward to you should you choose to participate. Balancing that in WoW would be hard though because you know people would feel the need to go out and do all of them any any given moment if the reward was too good.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    This would make questing (for those who still level by that method) a nightmare.
    Imagine, go kill X wolves, but a daily happens to be 'eliminate wildlife to support a local settlement', so there are 110s everywhere murdering the shit out of everything not giving you even a chance to tag.

The only way something like this would even remotely work would be to add level scaling to the zones similar to broken shore zones, so mobs scale up to player level and loot is updated to match (would be funny to kill something in ashenvale and get 1s 13c).
    Other than that, the old zones are just that: old.
    Let them rest, their life has been used for 13 years in varying degrees, no need to revisit just for a daily chore.

I'd take daily quests over world quests any and everyday. Once you hit exalted you were done. WQs are endless and mindless.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Well if they make another revamp expansion of old zones they'd probably do that. But for now, I'm not really in the mood to go all the way to desolace just for a bit of AP
    You will go to desolace if there's ap there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do it but not for max level but rather leveling, similar to how 100-109's can do invasions and get a huge chunk of XP by doing them.

Mix that with alt leveling and you have a reason for low level characters to do these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopplegager View Post
    I'd take daily quests over world quests any and everyday. Once you hit exalted you were done. WQs are endless and mindless.
    You are not mindless

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The real difference in the MoP system was that every one of the reputation grinds was also followed by a storyline progression. And they were actually fairly solid storylines at that.
    You're grossly overstating things. Only Dominance Offensive and Operation: Shieldwall had solid storyline progression throughout. Most other factions only had 2-3 minor quests at Exalted, if that.

No, why would I want to old content when Blizzard could make new content? It's painful enough having to clear all WQs on the Broken Isles, I'd hate to be forced to do it all over the world.

What level range of characters would it be aimed at.
    Doing something for max level characters simply to pad the numbers in a zone isn't making it fun for those which the rest of the content is relevant to.
    The scaling blizzard argued for is an example of exactly the problem with overgeared players, in that it is a horrible experience when they compete with, and significantly outpower "typical" players in the zone.

Some sort of random element to content in a zone aimed at players of its usual level range, I can get behind.
    But if the motivations are purely to increase numbers of players, then that seems a weak argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, why would I want to old content when Blizzard could make new content? It's painful enough having to clear all WQs on the Broken Isles, I'd hate to be forced to do it all over the world.
    This ^ I already stopped doing WQ's almost entirely other than the daily emissary cache.