Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts View Post
    It worked for Obama for at least the first 4 years when he blamed everything on Bush.
    Obama didn't blame Bush, he was showing the bottom from which we were rising. When Obama would say that 8% unemployment was good, because Bush's ended with 10%, he wasn't blaming him Bush for the improvement. Trump on the other hand, has blamed Obama for founding ISIS...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Part of me believes that this is the SCOTUS saying -- Well you had 180 days to do something...You didn't...and nothing has happened from any of those countries still...So there's no reason to have this ban anyways.
    That would be a pretty stupid way of thinking don't you think? I've had this spare tire in my truck for 5 years and never needed it, might as well just get rid of it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Did he blame everything on Bush or was it people pointing out that the country did, in fact, go into a giant recession due to policies put in place during those 8 years?
    Trump did blame Obama in a similar fashion to how Bush was blamed. But, Trump blamed Obama for 45% unemployment, to then take credit for it being 5% the day he took office. Same thing with the stock market and ISIS. Unlike Obama, Trump is lying about current data, to contrast his improvement, while at the same time has blamed Obama for everything from ISIS to wiretapping him.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The ban is toothless IMO. It lacks places like Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan.
    Yeah I don't get it they they wasn't in the list, my only guess is the Trump administration thought if they used what the Obama administration had targeted with some travel visa's that the left couldn't argue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    All three of which have major terrorist connections.

Watch any administration ban travel from allies...

He's dumb, not an idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Watch any administration ban travel from allies...

He's dumb, not an idiot
    They are great allies, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    That would be a pretty stupid way of thinking don't you think? I've had this spare tire in my truck for 5 years and never needed it, might as well just get rid of it right?
    Except this is a completely different matter, your analogy is pointless. The Muslim Ban isn't a "spare tire". It's replacing your functional tire with a small, shitty tire because you're convinced that your normal tire is about to blow up in the next few months! You need to do a ton of work to your regular tire to prevent this!

But oh...you were stopped from replacing the tire, so you've been driving around on it for 5 months. And it's not blown up. And you didn't bother to do any of the work (which you could have done).

It's almost like there was no issue to begin with and this was all just a stage performance for bigots who wanted to feel good about preventing a bunch of brown people from coming into the US...almost...

10+ Year Old Account
    Google "9th lifts vetting injunction"

Here is a quote from a Politico article...

"The appellate judges upheld the core of that injunction, though they also voided some widely-criticized provisions that barred the Trump administration from carrying out studies on vetting procedures."
    Like what?

10+ Year Old Account
    As stupid as attempting to blockade travel from places that have done nothing in terms of terror attack while still allowing the countries that do.

But please continue to bang that drum where we're doing this to protect our citizens.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Google "9th lifts vetting injunction"

Here is a quote from a Politico article...

"The appellate judges upheld the core of that injunction, though they also voided some widely-criticized provisions that barred the Trump administration from carrying out studies on vetting procedures."
    So it was ignored by the media until it was blocked again but didn't have that provision in the second appeal. Well I don't understand how the first judge felt he could block that to begin with.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's almost like there was no issue to begin with and this was all just a stage performance for bigots who wanted to feel good about preventing a bunch of brown people from coming into the US...almost...
    Wow. I mean the fact that you can make this statement is beyond terrifying, and you aren't alone which is just as scary. Terrorists from the middle east are real. They want to kill Americans. That isn't made up, or bigoted, or whatever the fuck you want to label it to make it seem like you care more about human life than conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I mean the fact that you can make this statement is beyond terrifying, and you aren't alone which is just as scary. Terrorists from the middle east are real. They want to kill Americans. That isn't made up, or bigoted, or whatever the fuck you want to label it to make it seem like you care more about human life than conservatives.
    How many terrorist attacks would his ban prevented, if it passed originally?

How does it feel to live in constant fear of something that has less of a chance of happening than being killed by a meteor?

Also, no one is buying this false veneer you are using to coat your incredibly obvious intents.

Stay fearful, friend.

Addendum: I'm sure you are interested in applying your own logic to gun violence in America as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How many terrorist attacks would his ban prevented, if it passed originally?
    How could I possibly answer that question? The point is, that's the goal obviously, to make it that much more difficult. If it stops even one attack it's worth it, however unfortunate it is that thousands of sane normal people are denied entry to the country.

Wow. I mean the fact that you can make this statement is beyond terrifying, and you aren't alone which is just as scary. Terrorists from the middle east are real.
    And the Trump administration has still yet to point to any legitimate security reason for this ban.

I've never once said terrorism isn't real or that the US shouldn't be extremely vigilant, you assuming that I don't believe this is stupid.

They want to kill Americans. That isn't made up, or bigoted, or whatever the fuck you want to label it to make it seem like you care more about human life than conservatives.
    Blindly generalizing millions of people because they share a skin color or religion is bigoted, I'm sorry to break it to you.

So what's the specific security concern from these states that requires this current Muslim Ban, again?

We can do without the faux outrage though, this isn't a discussion for "feels before reals".

10+ Year Old Account
    How could I possibly answer that question? The point is, that's the goal obviously, to make it that much more difficult. If it stops even one attack it's worth it, however unfortunate it is that thousands of sane normal people are denied entry to the country.
    Shame about those poor Syrians stuck int hat civil war eh? Considering the attacks have been by people already in Europe, second or third generation even, whoops.

Also the time frame of the original proposal has already passed. It didnt do anything. Its like the TSA scanning at the airport. Its not there to make you safe. Its there to pretend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    As stupid as attempting to blockade travel from places that have done nothing in terms of terror attack while still allowing the countries that do.

But please continue to bang that drum where we're doing this to protect our citizens.
    His second one included rational for Iraq being banned, even though Iraq is not on the second travel ban. That's how little justification there is. We would save far more American lives, if these resources were used for healthcare.

Here are just 10 things that need more attention, if the goal is to save American lives:

Annually there are around 2,626,418 deaths registered in the U.S. with the leading top 10 causes accounting for nearly 75 percent of all deaths.

Heart disease
    Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
    Chronic lower respiratory disease
    Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
    Alzheimer's disease
    Diabetes
    Influenza and pneumonia
    Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
    Suicide

What are the cuts to healthcare, while Trump tries to save us from terrorists?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    How does it feel to live in constant fear of something that has less of a chance of happening than being killed by a meteor?

Also, no one is buying this false veneer you are using to coat your incredibly obvious intents.

Stay fearful, friend.

Addendum: I'm sure you are interested in applying your own logic to gun violence in America as well.
    Considering there's been exactly one recorded death by meteor ever in the history of the world, I'm pretty sure you just made up that stat without any kind of thinking before hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    His second one included rational for Iraq being banned, even though Iraq is not on the second travel ban. That's how little justification there is. We would save far more American lives, if these resources were used for healthcare.

Here are just 10 things that need more attention, if the goal is to save American lives:

Annually there are around 2,626,418 deaths registered in the U.S. with the leading top 10 causes accounting for nearly 75 percent of all deaths.

Heart disease
    Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
    Chronic lower respiratory disease
    Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
    Alzheimer's disease
    Diabetes
    Influenza and pneumonia
    Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
    Suicide

What are the cuts to healthcare, while Trump tries to save us from terrorists?
    It looks tougher for voters. They like tough.

Considering there's been exactly one recorded death by meteor ever in the history of the world, I'm pretty sure you just made up that stat without any kind of thinking before hand.
    The chances a person will be killed by an asteroid are 1 in 200,000.

The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are about 1 in 20 million.

I don't post from ignorance. That's you projecting.

Stay afraid.