Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I care about whether something is a genuine threat or not, and terrorism/refugees just aren't. There are no numbers. There are just feverish panic-attacks over anecdotes. It's the same reason I don't concern myself with incredibly rare diseases or other problems that are horrific when they happen, but ultimately not genuine threats. Fear is easy, because it is inherently prone to the irrational, and that's why it's a poor basis for policy.

I will continue awaiting the part of my point about white privilege you actually have a problem with, because thus far it seems that you are just mad that I acknowledge the existence of white people and black people.
    My only logical "fear" for immigrants isn't that some might be terrorists, it's that them simply -being- is causing violence both towards them and by them. Due entirely to xenophobic nationals and -some- immigrants NOT performing what should be their civil duty to conform to the country they now inhabit. You could argue nationals should have the civil duty to at least learn basic bilingualism to communicate. But that's a trite argument at least here in America, as some Americans act downright offended that they should know at least some Spanish.

And I have personal anecdote to add since I'm a citizen of the great state of Michigan home to the famous town of Dearborn, where it's entirely a Muslim community, and many of the adult Muslims living there can't speak much English, and in my own experience their children who went through the public school system translated for them.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-06-26 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I'm not the one here arguing that statistics are more important than people dying because some bastards put tree on road and setting it on fire, in order to stop people and burn their cars.
    Yes, statistics are how we gauge what is actually a threat versus what is not, and that's how we should approach public policy. Your method is "I PEED MY PANTS IM SO AFRAID I WANT BIG DADDY GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THE BAD MEN GO AWAY SO IM NOT AFRAID ANYMORE PLEASE DONT HURT ME PLEASE DONT HURT ME SCARY BROWN MAN IM SO SCAAAAAAARED!"
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    My only logical "fear" for immigrants isn't that some might be terrorists, it's that them simply -being- is causing violence both towards them and by them. Due entirely to xenophobic nationals and -some- immigrants NOT performing what should be their civil duty to conform to the country they now inhabit. You could argue nationals should have the civil duty to at least learn basic bilingualism to communicate. But that's a trite argument at least here in America, as some Americans act downright offended that they should know at least some Spanish.
    This is why all those people should be sent to temporary immigrant/refugee camps where they could keep them safe, and others from them. Aggressive and violent units should be put to jail to preserve order. But in France they only know how to repair roads after blockades aftermath.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, statistics are how we gauge what is actually a threat versus what is not, and that's how we should approach public policy. Your method is "I PEED MY PANTS IM SO AFRAID I WANT BIG DADDY GOVERNMENT TO MAKE THE BAD MEN GO AWAY SO IM NOT AFRAID ANYMORE PLEASE DONT HURT ME PLEASE DONT HURT ME SCARY BROWN MAN IM SO SCAAAAAAARED!"
    So basically if someone would attack your country with small group of people, you are not allowed to do anything since natives kill more people in statistics? And police should wait until body count is bigger on their side? Please continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

This is why all those people should be sent to temporary immigrant/refugee camps where they could keep them safe, and others from them. Aggressive and violent units should be put to jail to preserve order. But in France they only know how to repair roads after blockades aftermath.
    Yes, what can go wrong with concentration camps?

- - - Updated - - -

So basically if someone would attack your country with small group of people, you are not allowed to do anything since natives kill more people in statistics? And police should wait until body count is bigger on their side? Please continue.
    If you create policy based on panic and fear, you will create more problems than you solve. See: The Iraq War. It was irrational and based on fear instead of evidence and rational discourse. The result was the total meltdown of the Middle East.
    -ynnady

I don't care about statistics. France, Calais, and near roads are hell on earth now, and police there is doing NOTHING to prevent that. Someone would think that if they are there illegally should be deported, and if they are there legally maybe it would be a good time to take them from fucking roads? But I guess no one really want to do anything since they would be called racist. How great society we are living in that accept that invaders come here and they block roads in order to hijack or to get on truck, and they are not punished for it ...

Great thing is that you have no power against me.
    He kind of does, petty and indirectly as it is. He can advocate and vote for the failures that have caused the circumstances that allow these illegals to cause havoc. They can hope that what kills and harms other people in Calais gets around to you someday.

It isnt that different from the attitude in right wing circles where people wouldnt themselves act violently against others they despise, but would remain silent when said violence occurs, block action and legislation to stop such violence under various pretense such as overreach and reasonable reservations or attempt to minimize or distract from the underlying political motives of the perpetrator(s).
    They just have to hope the violent ones gain more followers and get around to their political enemies while the help placate the masses. That seems what a good part of the "left" is content with doing too.

Nothing about this is an exclusive attribute to one political ideology.

If you create policy based on panic and fear, you will create more problems than you solve. See: The Iraq War. It was irrational and based on fear instead of evidence and rational discourse. The result was the total meltdown of the Middle East.
    I have never advocated about war in middle east. Also I want to remind you not all those illegal migrants are coming from middle east. Also wasn't USA involved in some business with al-quaida?

Yes, what can go wrong with concentration camps?
    Nice strawman.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-26 at 04:38 PM.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I'm not the one here arguing that statistics are more important than people dying because some bastards put tree on road and setting it on fire, in order to stop people and burn their cars.

I fixed it for you.
    You are aware that in your zealousness your first statement and your "fixed" statement contradict each other right? If the reality of the data points out that a problem is significantly smaller than you claim it is, and even indicates that you fundamentally misunderstand the actual problem, but your scared little mind blows it up into something bigger than it is you are the one not being rational correct?

I'll repeat since you seem to have a hard time following: if cold hard facts cause your mind brain to freak out because of sensationalized incidents causing you to ignore facts in favor of the scared narrative in your head desperately seeking any events that reinforce and ignoring any that contradict it you are the one not being rational.

I have never advocated about war in middle east. Also I want to remind you not all those illegal migrants are coming from middle east. Also wasn't USA involved in some business with al-quaida?

Nice strawman.
    That was not his claim that you advocated war in the middle east. Learn basic reading comprehension please. He is saying your position is as stupid a reaction as the Iraq war was to 9/11, devoid of a fact base response and instead fear and panic driven and actually made the problem they claimed to be solving worse.

I hope you see the irony of claiming a strawman right after you strawman his position by attacking something he very clearly didn't say.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-06-26 at 04:48 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Speaking of blatant propaganda, did anyone read the description.

Featured creators:
    The Young Turks: www.youtube.com/theyoungturks

YouTube Creators for Change is a new initiative from YouTube dedicated to amplifying the voices of role models who are tackling difficult social issues with their channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    It isnt that different from the attitude in right wing circles where people wouldnt themselves act violently against others they despise, but would remain silent when said violence occurs, block action and legislation to stop such violence under various pretense such as overreach and reasonable reservations or attempt to minimize or distract from the underlying political motives of the perpetrator(s).
    They just have to hope the violent ones gain more followers and get around to their political enemies while the help placate the masses. That seems what a good part of the "left" is content with doing too.

Nothing about this is an exclusive attribute to one political ideology.
    I don't actually see myself on any side, since my opinions are incapable with rest of society. But what are you saying is right (pun not intended). Someone is trying to manipulate BOTH sides so they get violent and abuse each other. I would just wish that violence would end in Europe, and people that are blind on issues would start seeing that it isn't fault of european nations, but problem started with people coming here illegally. What would happen if europeans would start massively migrating to Africa/middle east? Why no one helped Ukraine when they had Russians visitors there? (Well I don't blame that Poland didn't help, but what is the point of NATO and ONZ?)

The comments section for that video is getting increasingly insane. There's a line between "I don't support further immigration into my native country." and "HEIL HITLER!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    Speaking of blatant propaganda, did anyone read the description.

Featured creators:
    The Young Turks: www.youtube.com/theyoungturks

YouTube Creators for Change is a new initiative from YouTube dedicated to amplifying the voices of role models who are tackling difficult social issues with their channels.
    Yeah there is noting better than YouTube channel called after nationalistic group that was behind genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The comments section for that video is getting increasingly insane. There's a line between "I don't support further immigration into my native country." and "HEIL HITLER!!"
    Last time people were shouting latter comment, others were harassing them (Germans) just like left is harassing right (and all other people with 'wrong' opinion). I guess if you kick dog everyday, one day he will try and bite you. It is absolutely disgusting if someone is using nazi symbolism seriously, but most people (in comment section of OP video) are just trying to laugh off all those people who preach that every 'refugee' is an angel (and 3/4 of them is an young girl). If you ignore voices of others they will radicalize, just like people in middle east radicalize, because USA bombed civilians in Iraq and Syria.

Yeah there is noting better than YouTube channel called after nationalistic group that was behind genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Last time people were shouting latter comment, others were harassing them (Germans) just like left is harassing right (and all other people with 'wrong' opinion). I guess if you kick dog everyday, one day he will try and bite you. It is absolutely disgusting if someone is using nazi symbolism seriously, but most people (in comment section of OP video) are just trying to laugh off all those people who preach that every 'refugee' is an angel (and 3/4 of them is an young girl). If you ignore voices of others they will radicalize, just like people in middle east radicalize, because USA bombed civilians in Iraq and Syria.
    All the people who bring the Nazis as an example, you realize even with confusion that all the Nazis did was to make the Germans lot infinitely more miserable ? If they had not been such sore losers and so pathologically obsessed at trying in 1939 what failed in 1914, they would have been spared millions of deaths, the lose of even more territory and destruction that made the 30 years war look like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    That was not his claim that you advocated war in the middle east. Learn basic reading comprehension please. He is saying your position is as stupid a reaction as the Iraq war was to 9/11, devoid of a fact base response and instead fear and panic driven and actually made the problem they claimed to be solving worse.

I hope you see the irony of claiming a strawman right after you strawman his position by attacking something he very clearly didn't say.
    Are you/him saying that since Iraq war was fear and panic driven is the same as taking care about hundreds of people walking on motorways? I didn't said they should kill those people, or they should hurt them, so I don't see how taking care of people without homes is "creating policy based on panic and fear", but rather based on observations and reality of people trying to smuggle themselves illegally.

If the reality of the data points out that a problem is significantly smaller than you claim it is, and even indicates that you fundamentally misunderstand the actual problem, but your scared little mind blows it up into something bigger than it is you are the one not being rational correct?
    If this problem is so small, why french police/government still didn't resolve it? Videos of chaos near Calais are as old as 2015 (probably older, not sure). How inhumane they have to be to deny those peoples roof above head for over 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    All the people who bring the Nazis as an example, you realize even with confusion that all the Nazis did was to make the Germans lot infinitely more miserable ? If they had not been such sore losers and so pathologically obsessed at trying in 1939 what failed in 1914, they would have been spared millions of deaths, the lose of even more territory and destruction that made the 30 years war look like a joke.
    Funny thing is that nazi Germany could win war if they wouldn't stretch fronts, and they shouldn't fight with so many countries at the same time. After they attacked Poland no one cared, if they would drop 'blitzkrieg' and do it slowly they could erase few nations from Europe. But it do not matter (in wars virtues do not win battles, only weapons).

Well I guess we all can go to Calais and find out ourselves if situation is that bad there. Send videos.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-26 at 05:19 PM.

Are you/him saying that since Iraq war was fear and panic driven is the same as taking care about hundreds of people walking on motorways? I didn't said they should kill those people, or they should hurt them, so I don't see how taking care of people without homes is "creating policy based on panic and fear", but rather based on observations and reality of people trying to smuggle themselves illegally.

If this problem is so small, why french police/government still didn't resolve it? Videos of chaos near Calais are as old as 2015 (probably older, not sure).

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is that nazi Germany could win war if they wouldn't stretch fronts, and they shouldn't fight with so many countries at the same time. After they attacked Poland no one cared, if they would drop 'blitzkrieg' and do it slowly they could erase few nations from Europe. But it do not matter (in wars virtues do not win battles, only weapons).

Well I guess we all can go to Calais and find out ourselves if situation is that bad there. Send videos.
    No dude the whole f.. point of Nazis was to murder not Jews (which is of course a-okay with the usual suspects) but Jews and Slavs (which is presumably less okay with even the most die-hard racists on MMO Champion, mostly because the average American, like the average racist American, have Poles or Russians in his ancestry). Their obsession with racial purity and/or stealing the lands of other whites is what brought miseries far worse than WW1. If someone in Germany had the genuine guts to say ''we lost the war and losing Alsace-Lorraine was the price'', Koenisberg would not be called Kaliningrad.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You can't have a scientific study using different people... they will all get different results never mind the fact it was one area. There is so much wrong with it a freshman would fail it if he handed it in to any peer review.

Yes the programs are racist... in their favor. Only Asians and for a lack of a better term "whites" since that is now a broad term no longer reserved for Anglo-Saxons. They are the ones with valid complaints with a system that negatively discriminates against them.

You are statistically most likely to be shot by the police if you are white. You have bought wholesale into a lie.

I leave you with a desperate warning... you and people like you are going to create the thing you fear most please. For everyones sake please stop...
    Racist wrote a racist poem.

It's not a warning you nutter.

Deleted
    I cringed at propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No dude the whole f.. point of Nazis was to murder not Jews (which is of course a-okay with the usual suspects) but Jews and Slavs (which is presumably less okay with even the most die-hard racists on MMO Champion, mostly because the average American, like the average racist American, have Poles or Russians in his ancestry). Their obsession with racial purity and/or stealing the lands of other whites is what brought miseries far worse than WW1. If someone in Germany had the genuine guts to say ''we lost the war and losing Alsace-Lorraine was the price'', Koenisberg would not be called Kaliningrad.
    So where are you going with this? Nazi were bad guys? Yes we know. Did they had own problems? Yes they did. After all they were killing 'own' people, just because they had proof (or not) that they were Jews. Or just disabled people. What they did first? They started propaganda in order to paint Jews and Slavs as less then human (maybe not so much slavs, since they started war by just saying to their troops that Poland attacked them).

Please tell me what a point people saying "white privilege" trying to make.

Deleted
    1. I never said that all of them are trouble makers.
    2. If there are rotten apples, maybe it would be time to do something about it?
    3. Discussing religion is not allowed on those forums. Besides not all of those illegal group of people are muslim.
    1. You didn't really say much. Just tried to peg a political current to social judgment like you know anything about politics.
    2. It is beeing done. The same thing that is done to every rotten apple from our own countries. There is police enforcement and law. You want to add discrimination on top of that i assume.
    3. Indeed they aren't. But at least you would have an actual topic rather than a ridiculous and uninformed claim that tries to peg two different topics together to spread your propaganda.

Pro-tip. Left and right wing have nothing to do with your social emmigration positions. Those vary from party to party and not from a political wing to the other. I know this is difficult to understand in a country with pretty much just 2 parties and claiming each one represents a half of the spectrum.
    The only propaganda here, is the one you are trying to pass.

What is sad to me is how people like you think that right wing is gonna save you from anything. Rather than worry about immigrants, maybe you should take a look and see what right wingers are gonna do to you.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-26 at 05:58 PM.

So where are you going with this? Nazi were bad guys? Yes we know. Did they had own problems? Yes they did. After all they were killing 'own' people, just because they had proof (or not) that they were Jews. Or just disabled people. What they did first? They started propaganda in order to paint Jews and Slavs as less then human (maybe not so much slavs, since they started war by just saying to their troops that Poland attacked them).

Please tell me what a point people saying "white privilege" trying to make.
    White privilege means that on average a white person has it easier than a non-white person. Why is this so confusing for you?
    -ynnady

I don't actually see myself on any side, since my opinions are incapable with rest of society. But what are you saying is right (pun not intended). Someone is trying to manipulate BOTH sides so they get violent and abuse each other. I would just wish that violence would end in Europe, and people that are blind on issues would start seeing that it isn't fault of european nations, but problem started with people coming here illegally. What would happen if europeans would start massively migrating to Africa/middle east? Why no one helped Ukraine when they had Russians visitors there? (Well I don't blame that Poland didn't help, but what is the point of NATO and ONZ?)
    Good thing Nigerian intellectuals (believe it or not, those exist) are calling for the return of colonialisation and the white man. This time of course without genocide and quasi-slavery and pillaging the countries resources if possible. Im not making a racist joke here at their expense, this is a real thing. This is how sick they are of their own cleptocrats. Depending on the development in Europe, with economic prosperity and stability as leading key factors, we might in our lifetime still see a phenomenon like this.