Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How do you ban states that are for and against religious freedom? They protect rights but not your rights to travel. They are just trying to police other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    They're not banning anyone's right to travel.
    State funded stuff for work.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    How do you ban states that are for and against religious freedom? They protect rights but not your rights to travel. They are just trying to police other states.
    13 pages in and people still only read the ignorant ramblings of the OP and not the actual article or what is really going on. California is in no ways impeding your right to travel nor are they imposing a full out right travel ban. What they are doing is not using state funds to send state employees to states like Texas, in essence giving them money, that impose laws that impede gay rights. So if you are an employee of the state's government they will not be sending you to a conference in Houston Texas. You though as a private citizen of California can fly, drive, run, or crab walk your way to Texas and you can spend all the money you have and can get your hands on legally in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    No no it's our fault for taking him at his word for posting something that clearly lines up with the manner he posts in other threads as well as content. Clearly we are not as woke as he.
    Right out of the Trump playbook, it seems.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    So both are a ban on Travel? Great argument.
    They can still travel to Texas. They just can't use taxpayer money to do it.

Playing dumb does not make you look clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    The law says California is "a leader in protecting civil rights and preventing discrimination"
    Except when they can take civil rights from their own citizens by banning them from moving to a different state, which is pure discrimination. Pure irony. What a bunch of selfcentered assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Except when they can take civil rights from their own citizens by banning them from moving to a different state, which is pure discrimination. Pure irony. What a bunch of selfcentered assholes.
    How is California banning it's own citizens from moving to a different state? Can you please cite the California statue that states this?

Should I be surprised that people aren't reading anything about the topic before posting?

I figured by page 14 we'd be beyond that.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess not.

If you actually read the article or what is going on they are in fact in no ways impeding your right to travel. Private citizens of California can travel to any state they want and spend their money any way they want, legally. What they are doing is not giving taxpayer money to states like Texas by not sending any state employees on the tax payers dime to those states.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Should I be surprised that people aren't reading anything about the topic before posting?

How do you think Trump got elected?
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm shocked it's even at 14 considering this was debunked at post 3 and again at 5.....

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The power of stupid people in large groups?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

You might be right if that was actually what happened, but it isn't. All they're doing is putting a stop to any further state-funded business trips to the states named, which is perfectly within their rights. They're not banning people from travelling to or moving to other states on their own money.

Unfortunately, lots of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The power of stupid people in large groups?
    Who collectively forget to read past headlines or consider if their interpretation is plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    As many have pointed out, its only for state government travel. I doubt there are many positions that pay for travel to begin with, especially that far away. Its posturing that doesnt amount to much.

Edit. State workers can go voluntarily whereever they want on their own time and dime. The state cant do shit about that.
    Really? State employees don't require any training, seminars, conferences or certification courses that would be held in any of those states? That's odd, considering my department of 5 employees has attended various classes/training/seminars in just about every state. I find it implausible, bordering on laughable, that the 10s of 1000s of California state employees would have no legitimate reasons to travel to those states.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Hence, Obama for the past 8 years....
    Shank with a deflect!

It's not effective.

Who collectively forget to read past headlines or consider if their interpretation is plausible.
    It's almost as though people are so biased they can't stop for two seconds to consider that maybe, just maybe, the ridiculous thing they're hearing about California / Democrats / Liberals / Hillary is so crazy that it can't be real before deciding that it's complete, abject truth.

"Bernie used campaign money to buy a $250k supercar!"
    "Sex pizza dungeon!"
    "Hillary had people murdered!"
    "Obama is a Kenyan muslim!"
    "Dearborn, Michigan is going under Sharia law!"
    "The DNC had a staffer killed!"
    "California Democrats legalized child prostitution!"
    "UC system favoring illegals over Americans!"
    "California puts travel ban on all red states!"

It's so sad and worrying that there are people who actually believe these things without having even a moment of doubt.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-06-26 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    It's so sad and worrying that there are people who actually believe these things without having even a moment of doubt.
    What's worse is when you show them fact checkers that reveal these as fake and then they attack the fact checker as being unreliable. It's a cult-like following some of these people have and no amount of reality is going to take away what they think is real. As Newt said...it's all about feels before reals.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why does he need "new material" for stating facts? This isn't a comedy show.
    Then why does everything you post make me LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    What's worse is when you show them fact checkers that reveal these as fake and then they attack the fact checker as being unreliable. It's a cult-like following some of these people have and no amount of reality is going to take away what they think is real. As Newt said...it's all about feels before reals.
    Yeah, in 2017 I learned that Snopes and FactCheck.org are "unreliable liberal fake news sites".