Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it's fine that they are good on those multi target fights, the problem is that they are not crap everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    it's fine that they are good on those multi target fights, the problem is that they are not crap everywhere else

What the hell? So a spec is only allowed to be good at one thing and be crap on everything else?

I can't even..

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    ENCOUNTER CHANGES
    Demonic Inquisition: Atrigan and Belac clear all dot effects on them upon activating Bone Saw and Fel Squall.
    The Desolate Host: The player's dot effects on the Engine of Souls and High Priestess Dejahna are removed if the player changes realm.

These hypothetical changes would be more than enough to nerf Affliction so that it would no longer appear on top of the "Player damage statistics for: All bosses" ranking on WCL. As this is what seems to be causing the largest amount of butthurt on the forums.
    Are people seriously bitching about warlock padding on the desolate host?
    Have they seen what the fight does in mythic?
    It won't be possible to fully pad numbers on mythic, just take it out of the equation.
    It's gonna be down to Demonic Inquisition as the only fight affliction dominates.
    DO we need to nerfbat boomkins and ele too because they outperform the fuck out of everyone in ONE fight even tho their ST damage is middle pack or botom pack (ele)?

I mean maybe we need to start adding dumbfuck limitations to every fight, like since sub rogues and destro are too high on Goroth, the boss will randomly deflect chaos bolts and evicerates back at them?
    Lets not go down this rabbit hole.
    Last edited by satori sartori; 2017-06-26 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Why do you want to nerf your teammates? They are carrying you after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    What the hell? So a spec is only allowed to be good at one thing and be crap on everything else?

I can't even..
    Apparently. That's how it was so far in legion for the specs i played. In the past 10 months, demo was only good on single target, and destro was only good at sustained two target, and utter crap on everything else. And they were never seen as overpowered.

But affliction on the other hand.... After the Nighthold fiasco, even a wod-demo-level nerf would be warranted. Instead, what do we get? If you look at the logs so far on a boss by boss basis, affliction is the best warlock spec for at least 6 out of 9 fights (depending on which statistic you want to look at), while also dominating a few of them. It is a small step forward from Nighthold, where it was 9 out of 10, but still not enough to be even remotely balanced.

Anyway, i expect more nerfs in the next tuning pass for both affliction and destro

Corruption and Agony damage reduced by 5%.
    cool this changes nothing
    can't wait for more crying about affliction dominating on the same fights in heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Good enough for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I dunno, its an awkward thing to balance that they gave themselves. It pretty much has to over perform a little for it to be worth playing.
    Exactly. The problem is that if you do blanket nerfs to aff, it will still overperform on multidot and you risk it underperforming on single target. I noted that baking damage into dots makes it almost impossible to achieve a proper balance between single target and any siutation where you can multidot.

If the blanket nerf aff to "bring it into line" on a fight like Host...it will be terrible on Goroth.

They have re-created an age old problem.

and....there we are. They;ve nerfed Agony and Corrupttion by 5% each.

That's a very badly targetted nerf, because aff will STILL top the meters by a wide margin but will get pushed down on single target fights.

I'm disappointed. That dot nerf should be accompanied by a small buff to Malefic Grasp or Drain Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post
    Corruption and Agony damage reduced by 5%.
    cool this changes nothing
    can't wait for more crying about affliction dominating on the same fights in heroic
    Yeah this won't change much of anything. Almost wonder if they did this just to appease people. Although, I guess on some fights this amounts to around 2.5% nerf.

Edit: I was probably going to do this anyway; but with this nerf I'll likely swap to destro on some fights seeing as it was untouched and already quite strong.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-06-26 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Good enough for now.
    Congratulations you got what you wanted, a nerf on a spec on the very own class you play.
    What dopes that say about you?
    Are you gonna run to demo next when people start to break your logs?

Deleted
    Good enough for now.
    It's badly targetted.

It will hardly change anything on multidot fights and push aff lower on stuff like Goroth. If they keep on in that path, they will turn aff into a niche multidot spec.

It doesn;t help that there's an awful olt of padding going on, mostly via Absolute Corruption, like putting it on the cage guys on Inquisition and swapping realms on Host

The "problem" is nowhere near as big as it looks. Aff is middle of th epack on half the bosses in TOS, and wildly overperforming on two.

That means there's a design problem; not a power problem.

It was all completely predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post
    Congratulations you got what you wanted, a nerf on a spec on the very own class you play.
    What dopes that say about you?
    Are you gonna run to demo next when people start to break your logs?
    Dawww QQ?

Calm your tits, this is a small nerf, aff will be fine.

It's amusing you are all so salty, it was meant to happen really.

As long as destro and aff are strong specs. I'm happy. And they are both strong specs, post nerfs.

Dawww QQ?

If by salty you mean sad that someone in the warlock class would crusade this much to have a spec nerfed just because they dislike it, yes I'm salty.
    and you are a very sad person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Exactly. The problem is that if you do blanket nerfs to aff, it will still overperform on multidot and you risk it underperforming on single target. I noted that baking damage into dots makes it almost impossible to achieve a proper balance between single target and any siutation where you can multidot.

If the blanket nerf aff to "bring it into line" on a fight like Host...it will be terrible on Goroth.

They have re-created an age old problem.

and....there we are. They;ve nerfed Agony and Corrupttion by 5% each.

That's a very badly targetted nerf, because aff will STILL top the meters by a wide margin but will get pushed down on single target fights.

I'm disappointed. That dot nerf should be accompanied by a small buff to Malefic Grasp or Drain Soul.

The whole point of a NERF is you lose some power.

There's two sides of it. I don't like to talk about this in here but if enough warlocks show concerns about future problems (scalling, exploits, talent balance, etc) Blizzard will react to it sooner than later, because later in mid tier it's usually a bad idea or too much of a nerf.

They DO read these forums and the Warlock discord.

The reason I don't like to talk about balance in here is because there's too much overreacting here and it's better to pass the info to people who understands it.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    Dawww QQ?

It's a nerf that won;t chnage the "problem" though. You will still see aff toppping everyone where it tops everyone now, and it will get pushed down a notch on fights where it;s already single target.

It'd be better to do a bigger nerf to the dots and increase the single target stuff, you could easily push up Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul a touch, or even the Doomguard's damage, all of which are exclusively single target.

Unfortunately building well-rounded specs takes a backseat to fantasy. The FOTM for blizz at the moment is "multidotting" (that's Fixation Of The Month)

I comfortably predict come Argus, they'll take the damage back out of the dots and buff up the ST stuff again

The same old game we've had since Ulduar at least....

It's such an insignificant nerf, it feels like the devs are playing to the crowd: "We hear what you're saying about aff and we've nerfed it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    The whole point of a NERF is you lose some power.
    Please read what I wrote. Aff's problem is not base power, it is abilities that let it;s power go out of control in certain fights. The four single target bosses in TOS, look at the logs, you would not assume aff is "overpowered" from them.

Don;t believe me if you like, read the posts by Terryn - no one would claim that he doesn; tknow his stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scroff View Post
    It's such an insignificant nerf, it feels like the devs are playing to the crowd: "We hear what you're saying about aff and we've nerfed it!"
    Indeed, it is actually a compromise between the players screaming "aff is overpowered" and the devs reading the data and knowing it isn't.

THey don;t take that aggregate dps ranking seriously, but they know an awful lot of players do. It's little more that virtue signalling.

Will aff still be topping Host and Inquisition? YES. We'll be a bit closer to SP's. Will we get pushed down a trifle on stuff like Goroth? Yup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    aff is middle of the pack on the 2.667 single target fights, and is only top on one fight, where we can maintain 4 dots with contagion on each boss target. Unless they make dots have demolishing returns on damage like our shards idk what you guys expect to happen.

The thing to keep in mind is things are not NEARLY as retarded over all as they were with 7.2.0 nighthold. We aren't even top single target on harjatan as of right now, and probably won't be on mythic because we still won't be able to maintain the raw st numbers that rogues are putting out now.
    Well at least YOU won;t be dismissed out of hand by....

Well atleast this is a small change although since its small it wont affect the numbers to much on the fights Affli overperforms by a wide margain and hurt our ST slightly. In essence this nerf does not fix anything at all. And if they are going to keep nerfing in small increments like this they might aswell roll back the changes a bit and move the damage from the dots into MG again.

While it isnt the most intresting rotation in the game atleast that way we can have decent single target dps and the devs can tune down our rather ridiciolus multi target power right now.