Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I wish the USA would learn something from this. I don't care if you are gay. You were born that way, can't help who you are attracted to, and it doesn't effect me. With that said, you DO NOT NEED A PARADE TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. People blocking traffic or stores or public areas to slam their agenda down other peoples throats should be shot with real bullets, but rubber is a good start I guess. Give them a few volleys of rubber so they have a chance to re think it and disperse.

"Istanbul has traditionally been seen as a relative safe haven by members of the gay community from elsewhere in the Middle East, including refugees from Syria and Iraq.

But although homosexuality is not a crime in Turkey, unlike many other Muslim countries, homophobia remains widespread."

Read the post. Are gays allowed? Yes. Do people have to like them? No. Get over it. People don't have to love and respect you, as long as you aren't being attacked or kicked out of your house take it as a win and leave well enough alone.
    Parades/protests in the cities in the US require a permit.
    There has been an on going battle here in Houston for over a decade between two groups to have a parade on MLK day. At first they would race down to the city and try and get the first permit for the day. And it got so hostile the city stopped issuing permits for parades along that route( MLK Blvd ) because it would be shut down literally all day. There would be an AM parade and an afternoon parade. I don't even know what they do now. I just remember at the time thinking how horrible it was that people were violently fighting over having a parade in memory of a person that was for peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Ah, so it's as i said, just confirmation bias.

Eh? There violence in this thread? That's kind of a....stretch don't you think?
    Guess you missed the very first line of the very post of this thread.
    Some pretty violent looking photos in that link. Kicking and shoving, people screaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Don't forget, this is the guy who brags about being ignorant, and actually uses that as a defense.
    If I don't know something I will say it. I don't have an epeen to protect like you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Parades/protests in the cities in the US require a permit.
    There has been an on going battle here in Houston for over a decade between two groups to have a parade on MLK day. At first they would race down to the city and try and get the first permit for the day. And it got so hostile the city stopped issuing permits for parades along that route( MLK Blvd ) because it would be shut down literally all day. There would be an AM parade and an afternoon parade. I don't even know what they do now. I just remember at the time thinking how horrible it was that people were violently fighting over having a parade in memory of a person that was for peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess you missed the very first line of the very post of this thread.
    Some pretty violent looking photos in that link. Kicking and shoving, people screaming.

- - - Updated - - -

If I don't know something I will say it. I don't have an epeen to protect like you guys.
    The odd part is that you admit to not knowing things, then continue trying to make an argument. Using ignorance as a defense, when you willfully enter into a discussion... is pathetic. At the end of the day, your ignorance is your fault, and nobody else's. When most people don't know something, they keep their mouths shut and learn.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt."

A gay parade in an Islamic country doesn't seem like the best of ideas. They are just asking to get allahu-akbared

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    A gay parade in an Islamic country doesn't seem like the best of ideas. They are just asking to get allahu-akbared
    It went fine before it got banned.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Those two statement are counter to one each other. You are either free to express your ideals, morals, and views openly or you're not.
    No, they do not. The right of expression doesn't give you the right of audience. Also the right of expression applies to individuals, not groups of people. A group of people is a completely different entity from an individual. Group means organization. It means it's a public event, not expression of whatever. Public events in public places are regulated for the safety of the people.

Don't want the state to regulate your event? Do it on private property. After all what is the purpose of it? Answer to this question is the core reason for gay pride parades ban from public spaces. It has nothing to do with human rights. Humans don't need gay pride parades to operate in the modern society, so it cannot be a human right.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Turkey was pretty progressive a decade ago, and then they weren't. You can thank the rise of populist assholes like Erdogan.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...tdP/story.html

I wish the USA would learn something from this. I don't care if you are gay. You were born that way, can't help who you are attracted to, and it doesn't effect me. With that said, you DO NOT NEED A PARADE TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT.
    Do Christians need Christmas day parades? What about Easter parades? How about Irish for St. Patty's Day parades? Are turkeys shoving their existence down your throat during Thanksgiving Day parades?

Maybe the fact that you're so viscerally disgusted and agitated by pride parades is an indication that you're not as aloof on the subject as you attempt to make yourself appear.

People blocking traffic or stores or public areas to slam their agenda down other peoples throats should be shot with real bullets, but rubber is a good start I guess. Give them a few volleys of rubber so they have a chance to re think it and disperse.
    Yep, you're definitely neutral on the subject of gay people.

Pride parades aren't protests. They're exactly as they say on the tin: Parades. You need to get permits and permission from the cities the parade is held in before they can happen. I know, it's almost as though LGBT are mostly considered to be real people in the USA.

Read the post. Are gays allowed? Yes. Do people have to like them? No. Get over it. People don't have to love and respect you, as long as you aren't being attacked or kicked out of your house take it as a win and leave well enough alone.
    Yeah, except that does happen, even here in the US. It's much worse in other parts of the world, like Chechnya, parts of the Middle East, Sudan, or Nigeria where gay people are outright jailed or murdered, but assaults on the civil rights of the LGBT community continue to happen everywhere, even in the good ole' USA. Hence the need to "shove it down your throat".
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Sooooo, some radical asshats treatened the march... so the city officials banned it, and let the police round up the protesters, essentially doing the radical asshat's work? Nice job.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just in: The Middle East is still the most racist, homophobic place in the world, yet SJW's whine about it in the west. At least we don't stone gays to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I didn't read the whole but the op...I really hope everyone had a great time.

Those are some brave gay people to march in this climate.

Like Omar Little brave

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

thank you erdogan for turning a secular modern life into a religious cesspit. now as far as i know the parade was banned because of security concerns. and yes, there are groups who openly send their messages that if they happen to do their parade, they will murder them etc. These groups openly threatens anybody that is against erdogans ideology. right now the main opposition partys leader walking (yes really walking)from ankara to istanbul in a protest with a sign saying "justice" on it. as police justice lawyers, judges everything is in erdogans control. even he was openly threatened with death by akp clowns, videos can be easily found on youtube, facebook everywhere.

I am actually glad they banned the parade because yes because of security concerns. trust me those clowns would attack and kill those people on parade. at least if police does something terrible, it can (has a chance lol) be found and trialed. but those akp trolls? they are fucking everywhere.

it is disgusting however. erdogan turned the country into this, then his goverment bans the walk because of security. you are responsible for the mess already from the start. for fuck sake the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Do Christians need Christmas day parades? What about Easter parades? How about Irish for St. Patty's Day parades? Are turkeys shoving their existence down your throat during Thanksgiving Day parades?

Maybe the fact that you're so viscerally disgusted and agitated by pride parades is an indication that you're not as aloof on the subject as you attempt to make yourself appear.

Yep, you're definitely neutral on the subject of gay people.

Pride parades aren't protests. They're exactly as they say on the tin: Parades. You need to get permits and permission from the cities the parade is held in before they can happen. I know, it's almost as though LGBT are mostly considered to be real people in the USA.

Yeah, except that does happen, even here in the US. It's much worse in other parts of the world, like Chechnya, parts of the Middle East, Sudan, or Nigeria where gay people are outright jailed or murdered, but assaults on the civil rights of the LGBT community continue to happen everywhere, even in the good ole' USA. Hence the need to "shove it down your throat".
    1) I am against all parades, yes. So, no more Thanksgiving Day parade, etc. Its not just against gay people, as much as you would like it to be to play the victim. It is a god damn pain in the ass, I hate it. Have you lived in New York? Parade is cutting between where you work and your home, well, fuck you, good luck getting home. We have to celebrate X day, pretty much anything but strait white males.

2) The article said Istanbul is safe haven for gays in a mainly Muslim world. So, for the most part, they are safe and can do what they want (much more so then the areas south and east of them) and apparently even more so then Russia, which would be considered a more "advanced" country. You can't stop people from disliking you smooching with another man in public and doing more behind closed doors, they have a right not to like it. They have a right to glare at you. The problem occurs when they do physical harm to you, and from what the article says, they would be arrested if they did so in Istanbul, so why push the issue and piss people off? Its like you got your way, why poke the bear?

3) In the USA its TOO far in favor of LGBTQ. Companies like Google force their employees to go to "transgender awareness" and other foolish things. Like me for example, like I said, I don't care if you are gay. However, the transgender crap annoys me. You are born a male you are male. Born a female you are female. THE END. If I worked for google I would probably be fired because I would refuse to call a person whos name is Kevin on his birth certificate Samantha and say "she" That's stepping on my rights. Things are going too far the other way in the West now.

When I can get out of a speeding ticket by telling the cop I am a Peregrine Falcon (fastest animal) trapped in a mans body and I NEED to go 150+ MPH then I will say its fair to call a man a woman and vise versa.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-06-27 at 05:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The state "should be" owned by the people. So if people want to hold a parade there should be a legal means of them doing it.
    State is owned by the people and it is legal for people to hold whatever parade they want - on the private property. See? They have legal means.
    Also the violation of human rights isn't the fact humans "need gay pride parades", but that they should have the right to express themselves openly without fear of repercussion from the state. The fact you can't see that is amazing. Total and complete authoritarianism is what you are advocating for.
    I already explained how gay parades have nothing to do with the right of expression. The fact that you couldn't see it is amazing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So where's the NK apologists from a week ago on this one? It was illegal, they knew their asses would get beat, yeah?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Serves them right, I think. The more countries will prohibit those marches, the better.

Deleted
    They werent allowed to parade + in what kind of a country do they think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Stonewall riots certainly were violent protests and they started the entire process.
    there was a hell of a lot of overstimulating colors and gyrations, how can straight people defend themselves?

Deleted
    Yupe, I'll file you under lost cause. Have a good day.
    even in the most free countries you need a license to hold a parade, you can't just do it and you can get rejected for a lot of vague reasons including health and safety. heck i'm sure you can get rejected for your event being to big/small, on a bad day, during to hot a day or even for not being appropriate in some context.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-06-27 at 09:08 AM.

1) I am against all parades, yes.
    Okay, this is basically all I need to know about your position. You're a contrarian who just doesn't like anything. I'm guessing you're in the deep end of the libertarian spectrum, and are neutral on things like gay marriage because you're actually not in favor of any government supported marriage whatsoever. Am I close?

If I am, then you're everything that's wrong about the liberterian ideal. You don't believe in individual freedom, you believe in nihilistic anarchism.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."