Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I could personally see Sony being okay with Switch crossplay without too much noise. They don't really see the Switch as a competitor, and there already seems to be some crossplay with DQX, when they both come out for the PS4, and NSW later this year.

Cboc One and PS4 on the other hand? That's going to take some major backlash for Sony to budge.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Cboc One and PS4 on the other hand? That's going to take some major backlash for Sony to budge.
    Sony won't budge until Microsoft changes how they want to do it. Microsoft burned that bridge last gen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I could personally see Sony being okay with Switch crossplay without too much noise. They don't really see the Switch as a competitor, and there already seems to be some crossplay with DQX, when they both come out for the PS4, and NSW later this year.

They already are okay with Switch crossplay. DQX will be crossplay with Wii U and Switch on PS4(when those versions come out).

What they're not okay with is crossplay with Xbox as long as MS still has the option to only play with XBL players. MS is trying to have their cake and eat it to, Sony is not going to play ball with that just because Nintendo did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sony won't budge until Microsoft changes how they want to do it. Microsoft burned that bridge last gen.
    Last gen was so long ago. Its a pro gamer and consumer move. Now Sony will look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Last gen was so long ago. Its a pro gamer and consumer move. Now Sony will look silly.
    There is nothing pro gamer or consumer about cross play the way MS wants it done.

Sony has been doing actual pro gamer and consumer cross play since before even last gen started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is nothing pro gamer or consumer about cross play the way MS wants it done.

Sony has being doing actual pro gamer and consumer cross play since before even last gen started.
    really? Whats wrong with how MS wants to do it?

What about rocket league?

really? Whats wrong with how MS wants to do it?
    MS requires the option for XBL users to opt out and only play with XBL players.

They want it both ways, Sony is either all in or all out.

10+ Year Old Account
    MS requires the option for XBL users to opt out and only play with XBL players.

They want it both ways, Sony is either all in or all out.
    Sounds like something that should be negotiated and not fought against using the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" argument.

Sony will only look silly to fanboy's and those who are uninformed. Sony has been doing Cross-Play much longer then MS including this gen.

Microsoft wants to have there cake and eat it too, Its also why FFXIV isn't on XB1 and won't be coming to XB1.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like something that should be negotiated and not fought against using the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" argument.
    There is nothing to negotiate.

Microsoft wants it done there way and Sony said no. Until MS's stance on that changes there will be no Cross-Play between the two consoles.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony will only look silly to fanboy's and those who are uninformed. Sony has been doing Cross-Play much longer then MS including this gen.

Microsoft wants to have there cake and eat it too, Its also why FFXIV isn't on XB1 and won't be coming to XB1.
    And yet the gaming media is looking at Sony and going why.

There is nothing to negotiate. You're either all in, or you're not playing with Sony.

Yoshi has already said this is the reason XIV is not on the Xbox One.

MSs own stance is keeping a game from coming to their user base.

So who again is pro consumer?

Stop getting Phil Spencer smoke blown up your ass, MS is not the good guy here.

10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing to negotiate.

Microsoft wants it done there way and Sony said no. Until MS's stance on that changes there will be no Cross-Play between the two consoles.
    My goodness, we are talking about businesses, not video game antagonists. Its like I never left the politics sub forum.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing to negotiate. You're either all in, or you're not playing with Sony.

Yoshi has already said this is the reason XIV is not on the Xbox One.

MSs own stance is keeping a game from coming to their user base.

So who again is pro consumer?

Stop getting Phil Spencer smoke blown up your ass, MS is not the good guy here.
    I dont care about phil spencer. But nice way to skirt around the rules.

Sony has sold 60 million PS4's and over 1 million PSVR's.....

I don't think they really give a fuck what the gaming media thinks.

Gaming media, despite what one would think, are often not terribly good when it comes to knowing the business side of gaming, or even recent gaming history.

It's why we saw shit like this - http://mashable.com/2017/06/11/minec.../#cnZpowo4lkqJ

Note - it's been updated from "FIRST GAME EVER" to "SECOND GAME EVER" despite that still being incorrect. And yes, he's their dedicated "gaming guy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony has sold 60 million PS4's and over 1 million PSVR's.....

I don't think they really give a fuck what the gaming media thinks.
    Awwwww, they got u by the balls is your argument here. Thats very pro consumer talk. Remember when MS decided to be complacent?

My goodness, we are talking about businesses, not video game antagonists. Its like I never left the politics sub forum.
    Sony does not want to do Cross-Play Microsoft's way. There is nothing to negotiate, Ether Microsoft changes how they do it or the platforms won't.

Cross-Play isn't new to Sony have they have been doing it fall longer. Microsoft wants there cake and eat it too, Its not going to happen.

All this is is a PR stunt by Phil Spencer to try to look good, Personally I don't know why Sony tried to Spin bullshit PR and not just call it for what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Awwwww, they got u by the balls. Thats very pro consumer talk. Remember when MS decided to be complacent?
    No one has me by the balls, You just don't like the fact's. This is a PR stunt by Microsoft to look good and nothing more.

Go spend 5mins on google and u will see it for the bullshit that it is. Once more the reason FFXIV isn't on XB1 is because how Microsoft wants it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony does not want to do Cross-Play Microsoft's way. There is nothing to negotiate, Ether Microsoft changes how they do it or the platforms won't.

Cross-Play isn't new to Sony have they have been doing it fall longer. Microsoft wants there cake and eat it too, Its not going to happen.

All this is is a PR stunt by Phil Spencer to try to look good, Personally I don't know why Sony tried to Spin bullshit PR and not just call it for what it is.
    There is plenty to negotiate. They are businesses, not final fantasy antagonists. You keep saying this line of cake and eating it too, but I really don't see the merit in it.

I am very fine with facts. I am pro gamer, and you just want to say "sony has more sales, thus nothing they do is bad because cake and eating it too!"

Awwwww, they got u by the balls is your argument here. Thats very pro consumer talk. Remember when MS decided to be complacent?
    He's right though. They've at least outsold Xbox One by 40 million more. Why should they give a fuck what most of the uninformed/medicore media thinks?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be very frank, I don't give a rats ass about Phil Spencer, but hey, what ever has its cake and eats it too.

- - - Updated - - -

No one has me by the balls, You just don't like the fact's. This is a PR stunt by Microsoft to look good and nothing more.

Go spend 5mins on google and u will see it for the bullshit that it is. Once more the reason FFXIV isn't on XB1 is because how Microsoft wants it done.
    Sony did it on very very few games and they were mostly MMO. Its not like thier entire library previously was all crossplatform. This is every day average game being crossplatform not a niche mmo. And i dont get the issue, its just like me opting out to not play with euros or people with bad connections.