Deleted
    At the end this game hopefully gets the attention it deserves.

Blood/Shotgun is going well for me. Took the rocket skill, and the odds/evens passive. And the defense passive tied to the rocket.

Blood is going well too. I'm still using my circle, the maleficum channel, and the DoT ultimate. Makes quick work of any rares.

Feeling pretty tank and haven't died yet, while intentionally overpulling. I like the 3 man story modes, good way to show mechanics. As some are one shots on 5 man or nightmare.

Hoping for better chest rewards at level cap though. The story mode drops are pretty bad. Very low chance for new gear, mostly distills.

Yeah, 3 man story modes are great. I've seen more dungeons in the past 48 hours than I did in the years I played TSW (in that I saw 2!).

Combat out in the world feels super easy though. I'm not necessarily complaining and definitely don't want a return to how things originally were, and admittedly I'm overleveled, but stuff just feels pretty trivial : /

And yeah, chest drops from dungeons are extremely underwhelming so far. Not really seeing a ton of reason to do the 3 man story modes after completing the dungeon once.

Is there a way to get an alternative weapon fast? I'm getting random "drops" (my god, did they reduce the drops), but it's random...

10+ Year Old Account
    Think that's the intend to just see the story believe in other mmo's FFXIV they really aren't great for rewards either.

Currently enjoying the elemental build, high dmg, a lot aoe/cleave and so you nuke down things rather fast. One of the few pure damage builds but not really interested in any support role currently

Considering it's listed as hard i think every build is fairly "easy" once you get the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Is there a way to get an alternative weapon fast? I'm getting random "drops" (my god, did they reduce the drops), but it's random...
    Seems like normal mobs don't really drop anything anymore. Makes sense since there's no more PAX Romana as a currency, no crafting/crafting mats, and the other changes to drops.

You need to kill the random minibosses in the world or get them from missions, haven't even found a vendor for them (but I haven't really been looking).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seems like normal mobs don't really drop anything anymore. Makes sense since there's no more PAX Romana as a currency, no crafting/crafting mats, and the other changes to drops.

You need to kill the random minibosses in the world or get them from missions, haven't even found a vendor for them (but I haven't really been looking).
    Aye, found one of those. Pity about the loot though oO I'm a lootwhore :P

Aye, found one of those. Pity about the loot though oO I'm a lootwhore :P
    Yeah, I foolishly spent my first days worth of daily currency on expanded inventory size. Seems completely pointless given that I'm mostly just dumping everything into upgrading my solo gearset, with a few pieces of off-gear for when I want to heal (not that it seems necessary at all so far). Not a fan of gating inventory and sprint speed increases behind the daily currency at all, especially since it can take quite a bit of time to complete both rounds of dailies -_-

As silly as it is, if and when they reactivate the AH, buy the weapon. Most people are selling them for 1-3k Marks. I grabbed a 2 pip shotgun with a nice affix to do my Blood/Shotgun build. Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    As silly as it is, if and when they reactivate the AH, buy the weapon. Most people are selling them for 1-3k Marks. I grabbed a 2 pip shotgun with a nice affix to do my Blood/Shotgun build. Worth it.
    I still haven't figured out what the pips are for yet...something related to item quality, but I haven't noticed shit. The whole pip/upgrade etc. system seems needlessly obtuse at times. Like, I know they mentioned what weapons with the red/pink background are for during a livestream, but where are we supposed to find out this info in-game? I got one, and it didn't give me squat for info.

Deleted
    I finally installed the new version (yes, it just was waiting to be installed).

I liked the old version, played a blade blood combination. I started a new character and went to the weapon room after the tutorial to find out that it literally was about upgrading the existing set. I remember the old room was about selecting your weapon set from a full range of weapons.

Or its just too long ago i played the game

The Secret World of lockboxes more like. Around level 15 mobs drop lockboxes like crazy - funcom trying to get you to shell out money to buy keys.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    The Secret World of lockboxes more like. Around level 15 mobs drop lockboxes like crazy - funcom trying to get you to shell out money to buy keys.
    Yeah, noticed this as well. At least they stack, but it's annoying to see them frequently dropping. The key a day from my sub is nice, but it's going to pretty quickly lead to massive quantities of unopened boxes being a constant reminder that yes, Funcom wants you to spend more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I still haven't figured out what the pips are for yet...something related to item quality, but I haven't noticed shit. The whole pip/upgrade etc. system seems needlessly obtuse at times. Like, I know they mentioned what weapons with the red/pink background are for during a livestream, but where are we supposed to find out this info in-game? I got one, and it didn't give me squat for info.
    The pip count represents the quality of the passive. Base stats aren't affected by the pip count, at least for green weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    The pip count represents the quality of the passive. Base stats aren't affected by the pip count, at least for green weapons.
    Gotcha, haven't really noticed any difference so far so I'm guessing it won't matter much while leveling and shit. Going to make proper gearing up a gigantic pain in the ass though...not a fan given how I see it eventually playing out (in that it's part of their push for stronger monetization).

My biggest gripe about the whole system is that when upgrading stuff, it doesn't' take the level of the item you're saccing into account. A level 15 item should grant a lot more experience than a level 1 item, but currently that's not the case.

Seriously though, the monetization in SWL kinda blows balls.

So I've never played this game, with this big update is it worth a shot? I'm looking for something with a solid story and casual playing along side FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    So I've never played this game, with this big update is it worth a shot? I'm looking for something with a solid story and casual playing along side FFXIV.
    Yep, this would fit that bill nicely. Monetization may get annoying, but it's got fantastic writing and the game's pretty damn casual-oriented for the most part nowadays.

Ok, i must admit im already hooked.

I had an old TSW account thanks to @Edge- but it seems i didn't unlock all the weapons; it keeps asking me to buy them and i cannot equip the alternative ones - did i miss something? I have already merged the old account with the new.

I settled for Blood as main weapon and now i use AR, but plan to get Chaos magic.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i must admit im already hooked.

I had an old TSW account thanks to @Edge- but it seems i didn't unlock all the weapons; it keeps asking me to buy them and i cannot equip the alternative ones - did i miss something? I have already merged the old account with the new.

I settled for Blood as main weapon and now i use AR, but plan to get Chaos magic.
    You need to go to the delivered items menu(via the dropdown menu) and select the claim cosmetic reward button(or whatever it's called...something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    You need to go to the delivered items menu(via the dropdown menu) and select the claim cosmetic reward button(or whatever it's called...something like that).
    This. Once you get to Agartha go to your item claim (from the top left menu) and there should be a button to click. You have to be in Agartha, apparently, so you need to play for at least the first hour or so to get there.