Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    I've had quite a few completed and don't get 1500 tokens. I 200% every mission, and am exalted.
    Over 11 alts, ive gotten 9 1500 tokens tonight, so is definite there.
    Also to add the broken shore missions, dont give the greater tokens, only the 5 other zone ones do

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's hard to make a definite call about this. There's been quite a few times were my mining/herbing alts were rather annoyed to get dumped back at the start before. On the other hand, you might end up somewhere you don't really have any reason to go outside the race.
    As of yesterday, I still get teleported back to the start of the Ley Race quest. I think they revoked this change.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    As of yesterday, I still get teleported back to the start of the Ley Race quest. I think they revoked this change.
    Yeah I've done it a few times since 7.2.5 and it's always ported me back to starting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    Nah, there's players who tag the Sha and then wait for others to fly over and tag as well like decent people and then there's trolls, people who just burst down the Sha with everything they got because it spawned in their location out of luck letting no one else have time to tag as well. There's quite a difference.

It's obvious that Blizz made this change because of those trolls.
    Yeeeeaaah that's still not trolling, it's just playing the game. Those players don't owe you anything and no one has a responsibility to wait for you or anyone else to tag it. Besides it has like a 15 minute respawn timer, it's not like a several hour respawn so most people probably don't even think about it before they just see it and kill it, and they don't have to think about it.

That said, if someone does wait for you, they're doing you a favor, something they don't have to do. Not doing you a favor =/= being a troll, or a jerk, it's just a neutral interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Yeeeeaaah that's still not trolling, it's just playing the game. Those players don't owe you anything and no one has a responsibility to wait for you or anyone else to tag it. Besides it has like a 15 minute respawn timer, it's not like a several hour respawn so most people probably don't even think about it before they just see it and kill it, and they don't have to think about it.

That said, if someone does wait for you, they're doing you a favor, something they don't have to do. Not doing you a favor =/= being a troll, or a jerk, it's just a neutral interaction.
    It's akin to holding a door open for someone, sure you don't have to hold the door open for the person right behind you, you could just let it slam in their face but it's called manners and etiquette. It's something you're taught and or learn when you've mentally matured in life but there seems to be a lot of immature people in WoW. That's when Blizzard has to step in, which is what this patch did for this situation.

Also often (before this patch) I would see the same people nuking it down every 15-30 minutes when they already had killed it for the day, that is an obvious sign of trolling.

TLDR: Don't be a douche and acquire some manners.
    Last edited by Celeclop; 2017-06-26 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's now noted in-game as Extreme Deep Breath.
    Will we need moar dots now?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Just not moar, "Extreme moar dots". It was also noted that Extreme dots occur once you are at 100% haste and they tick every 0.5 seconds versus their usual time.

Good thing that the Sha always spawn at the same location now...saves a lot of time to get this...prestigious( ;...; ) mount.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Especially with the increased number of whelps to handle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    The Ley Race quests not teleporting me back to the start is pretty damn annoying TBH.
    that somehow NEVER made it to live I allways get ported back to start (EU at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that somehow NEVER made it to live I allways get ported back to start (EU at least)
    It was like that for the first day or two, likely not intentional as it just went back to the old way shortly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It was definitely not porting you back on the ones I did last week but I did the High Mountain Ley Race today and it teleported me back to the start. I was pretty happy about that!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Re: Ley Race WQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    Um... hm... well, since no turn-in is necessary, I guess this isn't a bad thing? Perhaps we can now run toward our next World Quest and be just that much closer?
    The Ley Race path tends to go through areas of high mob concentration. I main a blood DK, so it's just the annoyance of a long slugfest of grinding their HP down.

But my DPS alts (when I finally get them up to 110...) will have to deal with possible corpse runs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's akin to holding a door open for someone, sure you don't have to hold the door open for the person right behind you, you could just let it slam in their face but it's called manners and etiquette. It's something you're taught and or learn when you've mentally matured in life but there seems to be a lot of immature people in WoW. That's when Blizzard has to step in, which is what this patch did for this situation.
    Last night, I was doing the Valarjar emissary. One of the WQ is "kill four Mistcallers."

As usual, there was a high population of Alliance players around. So much so, I mostly saw gray Mistcallers (or none at all).

So I took to tagging Mistcallers, burning them halfway down, then yelling for Horde players to come share in the kill.

None of them took me up on it, so I shrugged, killed off the Mistcallers, completed the WQ, and went on to the next one.

Also often (before this patch) I would see the same people nuking it down every 15-30 minutes when they already had killed it for the day, that is an obvious sign of trolling.

TLDR: Don't be a douche and acquire some manners.
    You're completely missing the mark, and coming across as extremely entitled. Again, no one in this game (or this life for that matter) owes you a thing. If someone does you a favor, they are being a nice person and that's great, but that doesn't mean the next person who doesn't wait for you is a "douche", or that they're "immature". It just means they didn't do you a favor, which is well within their rights and doesn't make them a bad person. It's why we say "Thank you," when people do us a favor, because they are exhibiting behavior that is not expected or required of them. In the scenario you're describing, any time a favor isn't given, it makes that person a douche and that's just not reality.

Not holding the door for someone doesn't make you a bad person either, but that's not even an equitable analogy here. When you stop to hold the door for someone, it's usually 1 or 2 people who are close by. Not (potentially) hundreds or thousands of players all trying to get to the same goal before it's over (for 15 minutes and then it starts again). A more accurate analogy would be expecting the first person to show up at a small concert to then stand at the entrance holding the door until everyone else has a chance to get into the venue, by which point they've likely missed the first half of the show.

That said, using your analogy, at what point do they stop having to "hold the door" to not be considered a douche? Is it just when you get there? Is that the deciding factor on whether or not someone's a douche, if they wait for you specifically? Or do you demand they wait until everyone in the game has had a chance to accept or decline? Should they post it on the forums and Twitter, too?

With regards to Sha of Anger specifically, you are aware that bonus tokens exist, right? You can loot it multiple times a day if you have enough bonus tokens, so again, that's not trolling. It doesn't even sound like you know what trolling is, to be honest. The one thing you are correct on is that Blizzard probably did make the change to make it easier for multiple people to tag it since it will always be in the same place now, but it's not to "prevent trolling". They did it because we nuke it down so fast at current levels it didn't give people time to look for it and join in so it basically became modern WoW's version of a rare spawn, and that wasn't what Blizzard ever intended for it, but that's not the fault of the person killing it.

TL;DR: It's not a fine line between "Nice person" and "Douche", there's a whole shit load of grey area in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ley Race looks to be changed back now.
    I did that quest on multiple toons Sunday and was returned to the Quest giver when it ended.