Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No this falls under stupidity and not knowing his own job. Did he identify himself or did he just dive on in? Reports seem to indicate the latter which implies he doesn't know his own job and how stupid doing that was regardless of being a cop.
    Which reports? Because from the OP we have this.
    His colleagues initially ordered the unnamed officer, who was also armed, to the ground, but after recognizing him they invited him to approach them.
    It's kind of hard to just 'dive on in' if he was invited to approach after they recognized him. And then we have the clueless guy who didn't stop to think about why the other officers on the scene were unconcerned with the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

BPT had a great line on this story today that was trending;

The commentary was electric on BPT. But the response it got on Facebook was pretty huge this morning. My boss went on a mini-rant about it before the (dreadful) Monday meeting.

Imagine quoting racist trash like "dretookher and "blacksportsonline" with a straight face.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has been able to get intimate knowledge on police and sheriff department proceedings, I don't see how the trigger-happy cop is anywhere close to being in the right. From what I have read he didn't follow basic confrontation protocols and he is most certainly going to be written up for it.

For those trying hard not to make this about race I hate to break it to you but racial profiling especially when it comes to suspects or threat assessment is absolutely a thing and is practiced routinely even by black cops. Offering help while off-duty is a very common thing as well and if they didn't need the officer to be there they would have simply let him know.

There are those who see racism in everything when there is no proof of it, and then there are those who vehemently deny racism exists contrary to proof because it forces introspection on their own views on race. This thread seems to be peppered with the latter.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    As someone who has been able to get intimate knowledge on police and sheriff department proceedings, I don't see how the trigger-happy cop is anywhere close to being in the right. From what I have read he didn't follow basic confrontation protocols and he is most certainly going to be written up for it.

For those trying hard not to make this about race I hate to break it to you but racial profiling especially when it comes to suspects or threat assessment is absolutely a thing and is practiced routinely even by black cops. Offering help while off-duty is a very common thing as well and if they didn't need the officer to be there they would have simply let him know.

There are those who see racism in everything when there is no proof of it, and then there are those who vehemently deny racism exists contrary to proof because it forces introspection on their own views on race. This thread seems to be peppered with the latter.
    From whom did you read "what you read"? Since several shootings have occurred involving offduty officers trying to render assistance, most precincts have altered their protocols on how to deal with situations like this. And no one knows about these specific precincts have decided to deal with these issues.

I understand cops are people too, but hell, with the tools they are given we have to be able to expect a higher standard than this. This is just embarrassing.

I'm thankful the shot wasn't lethal and he's in good condition.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    From whom did you read "what you read"? Since several shootings have occurred involving offduty officers trying to render assistance, most precincts have altered their protocols on how to deal with situations like this. And no one knows about these specific precincts have decided to deal with these issues.
    Name one precinct that has a shoot on sight policy without trying to deescalate a situation.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

You admitted to not knowing, now you are trying to say you know things?

You have been caught being full of shit numerous times. It's clear you are willing to go down in that ship of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Name one precinct that has a shoot on sight policy without trying to deescalate a situation.
    I don't know the protocols of any specific jurisdiction, let alone a specific one with such specific instruction. I do know that the protocols were significantly changed in most precincts after several cases of friendly fire that occurred in the 80s, and until now no one cared about cops hittining cops with friendly fire. then a black person is hit one day and magically its notable.
    Last edited by vhatever; 2017-06-27 at 01:17 AM.

I don't know the protocols of any specific jurisdiction.
    The only important part of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The only important part of your post.
    Do you have an expert that does know in which we can vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't understand why race has any significance to the story. Seems like it was was an accident, which is understandable.
    Of course as a white person you don't see anything wrong with this. SMH. Black lives matter, damn it.

Do you have an expert that does know in which we can vet?
    I have spoken with two police officers this evening, and both said that the believe the officer who fired did so prematurely, and given the information available, was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have spoken with two police officers this evening, and both said that the believe the officer who fired did so prematurely, and given the information available, was in the wrong.
    Well then, that's /thread! You talked to officers that wasn't even there! You solved the mystery Scooby!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Of course as a white person you don't see anything wrong with this. SMH. Black lives matter, damn it.
    The other end of the horseshoe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Well then, that's /thread! You talked to officers that wasn't even there! You solved the mystery Scooby!
    No, he was asking earlier about understanding rules and procedures, so I spoke to two law enforcement officers. Clearly, their opinion bears more weight than a guy who admitted to not knowing such things, yet still felt compelled to whine and call everyone a racist. If nothing else, go by the story that was laid out, and it's clear that the firing officer arrived late, and did not know what was going on. He fired at someone who was not an actual threat. The other officers had figured it out, but not him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Ah yes, he feared for his life because he approached the cops despite wielding a gun.
    Why would someone with bad intentions move closer to police officers if he has a ranged weapon to begin with?

Why can't cop #3, like his colleagues, give the man a warning before he pulls the trigger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Yep. I don't understand how someone people fail to see the challenges and discrimination that minorities face. Very disturbing.

Deleted
    His own fault for being so black?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yep. I don't understand how someone people fail to see the challenges and discrimination that minorities face. Very disturbing.
    Well, lets see here, a black cop is shot and you care, if this dude is white you would not hear a peep and no one cares. REALLY strong argument for the "poor oppressed minorities". If you did hear about it on here and he were white, you'd probabaly hear snarky teeheehees and "cop probably deserved it too".