Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I think I have to quit WOW, not that I want to. Need suggestions.

Not really sure where this should post.

Every time I try to log in I get a message or error.....

"Your account has been logged in from another place. If you don't know of this, please change your password"........ I get a message that says this just about every time I log in or off...... I run Kapersky and the authenticator..... have changed my PW about 20x now since April.

Or, the Blizzard Launcher doesn't open and I get told I have entered the wrong information to play the game.

So, I am so tired of this, I need to find an alternative....... I love WoW. I don't really want to quit..... but I think I have to..... but I have no idea what I can switch too that will have a WoW feel..... ( I am 55 years old.... I don't follow the latest and greatest games )

Any help?

EDIT.... I HAVE deleted the game and reinstalled.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Have you tried speaking to someone from Blizzard about it?

7+ Year Old Account
    uhh... have you contacted blizzard?
    your problem you explain does not sound like a "game having an error" it sounds like somone has your account info...
    or you have 2 pcs, you log in between them, then change your password each time cause you click "this isnt me" then when you try to log in next the password it has remembered is no longer the correct one...
    i mean, all this trouble you are going through, have you contacted blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Contact customer support. There's no point in calling the apocalypse right now. You're not the first, won't be the last.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Contact customer support. There's no point in calling the apocalypse right now. You're not the first, won't be the last.
    this .... i had a few encounters with blizz customer support .. a bit random how well they did handle it but always helped me out if not in first go then later.

Have you reset your router/modem?

7+ Year Old Account
    you could, you know, just contact their customer support.

Formerly known as Arafal

Did you try turning it off and back on?

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post

"Your account has been logged in from another place. If you don't know of this, please change your password"........ I get a message that says this just about every time I log in or off...... I run Kapersky and the authenticator..... have changed my PW about 20x now since April.

Or, the Blizzard Launcher doesn't open and I get told I have entered the wrong information to play the game.

So, I am so tired of this, I need to find an alternative....... I love WoW. I don't really want to quit..... but I think I have to..... but I have no idea what I can switch too that will have a WoW feel..... ( I am 55 years old.... I don't follow the latest and greatest games )

Any help?

Never mind i see you do have an authenticator.

If you have a smartphone get the Authenticator, Will resolve the issue fairly quickly. You don't have to leave it on forever, but at least long enough to control the issue. Or pay the $6 for one

Have you talked to Blizz about this, because its what you should do.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post

Any help?

It really sounds like you have been infected despite having Kaspersky. Do you keep the virus definitions up-to-date, and do you just have the anti-virus version, or the complete security version (e.g. Total Security for Kaspersky)?

Also, so you are aware, no matter what security software you have, if you are on the internet clicking on bad things, that software can't protect you from everything. And if you ever clicked "Yes" on installing something that you really weren't sure should have been installing, then there is nothing your security software can do to help you.

I'd recommend that you try running an on-demand scanner first (partial list - https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html, https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...l-details.aspx, https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download, http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html).

What kind of authenticator are you using? I'd recommend that you use the Blizzard authenticator available via a smartphone. This sends an independent request that you acknowledge on your phone as opposed to entering a code on your login screen (which could be intercepted if your computer is infected).

I bet you have a keylogger everything you've ever typed into your PC is going straight into a text file on someone else's computer.

Deleted
    you could try the stinger from mcafee

10+ Year Old Account
    try deleting your wtf / cache folders too
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If you have a smartphone get the Authenticator, Will resolve the issue fairly quickly. You don't have to leave it on forever, but at least long enough to control the issue. Or pay the $6 for one
    He is already running an authenticator

Quote Originally Posted by Flabberly View Post
    Have you tried speaking to someone from Blizzard about it?

In May...... wasn't much help.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Sounds like a keylogger is fucking with your stuff. Have you noticed anything like this on any other password protected things? Any odd transactions? Might be ISP related, getting a new IP all the time, or something like that.

I'd contact blizz again, as their Customer Service is only as good as the rep you get in touch with.

I'd grab another virus/spyware checker and run it as well just to err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Sounds like a keylogger is fucking with your stuff. Have you noticed anything like this on any other password protected things? Any odd transactions? Might be ISP related, getting a new IP all the time, or something like that.

I'd contact blizz again, as their Customer Service is only as good as the rep you get in touch with.

I'd grab another virus/spyware checker and run it as well just to err on the side of caution.
    Nope..... only WoW. I will try Blizz one more time.....

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have pointed out you almost certainly have something on your machine. In your shoes I would boot from the Windows install CD/DVD, wipe the drive and start over (backing up any files you want first obviously). Yes it's a pain in the ass. But how many hours have you already spent?