Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I'm so sad... Legendary disaster.

Started equipping my Holy Paladin last week (leveled it right after Legion but never liked to play it that much in dungeons or raids) because the changes and adjustments felt really good and made Holy a "nice to play spec".

Last week I didn't have any Legendaries for my Paladin. Then I got "lucky"...

1st Legendary: Uther's Guard (got it on Saturday)

Well... I was happy to get a Legendary at all and it's 970... but come on, the second worst I could find? I said: okay, your next Legendary will be better for sure!

2nd Legendary: Aggramar's Stride (got it right now)

Well... my next Legendary will be better, right? I mean I got the worst and second worst Legendary already so it only can get better? ...

I don't know what to say at all. I'm just sad.

I have 12 and still am missing my best in slot.
    stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    stop crying
    why cant both of you be upset? Sure you got the worse end of the stick but he got a pretty bad hand dealt to him as well. The legendary system in this game is terrible. it's going to forever taint this expansion.

stop crying
    You have 12 legendaries.
    Stop crying.

stop crying
    You've got 12 out of 13 possible Legendaries and you're still mad? Come one... I have 5 characters level 110 and played through all content and I have amassed just 10 Legendaries on all of them.

_______

Both of my Legendaries are counting towards Holy? Or Holy / Miscallenous? Or how do I know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Both of my Legendaries are counting towards Holy? Or Holy / Miscallenous? Or how do I know?
    Boots are shared-spec, bracers are holy-only.
    Both count as Holy.

But really; you have 2, which doesn't even ruin the bad-luck protection that much... I wouldn't have minded a whine-thread like this a year ago... but nowadays legendaries are far more common to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    But really; you have 2, which doesn't even ruin the bad-luck protection that much... I wouldn't have minded a whine-thread like this a year ago... but nowadays legendaries are far more common to drop.
    Well, say that to my Mistweaver Main who doesn't get any Legendaries at all (already have 3) anymore.

Both count as Holy.
    So should I switch to Retribution loot spec because I got a high chance to get one pretty quickly? Or what's the best solution to this?

So should I switch to Retribution loot spec because I got a high chance to get one pretty quickly? Or what's the best solution to this?
    Since you only have 2 still i would suggest sticking to holy, some of our better legy's only drop for holy

Signature made by Hinoto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started equipping my Holy Paladin last week (leveled it right after Legion but never liked to play it that much in dungeons or raids) because the changes and adjustments felt really good and made Holy a "nice to play spec".

Last week I didn't have any Legendaries for my Paladin. Then I got "lucky"...

1st Legendary: Uther's Guard (got it on Saturday)

Well... I was happy to get a Legendary at all and it's 970... but come on, the second worst I could find? I said: okay, your next Legendary will be better for sure!

2nd Legendary: Aggramar's Stride (got it right now)

Well... my next Legendary will be better, right? I mean I got the worst and second worst Legendary already so it only can get better? ...

I don't know what to say at all. I'm just sad.
    I have all the worse ones for my DK I know the pain.

Wow someone is unlucky how rare.

Get over it mate, many people like you, you are not special

If you play regularly you'll get legs pretty fast. I get one every week.

So far I got: All shared legs, all tank legs, all but Cloak for retribution and the shoulders for heal.

Indeed. The legendary system alone is enough to make Legion the worst expantion so far.
    At best you're relieved when you get a good one, at worst you simply quit after a few drops. Never befor has so many of the people I play with quit over just a single feature. It's odd that Blizzard does not get this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WerSchakal View Post
    If you play regularly you'll get legs pretty fast. I get one every week.

So far I got: All shared legs, all tank legs, all but Cloak for retribution and the shoulders for heal.
    No, even if you play an insane amount you won't get one each week on average. Not even close to that.
    You're simply lying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The legendary system alone is enough to make Legion the worst expantion so far.
    The (X) alone is enough to make (Y) the Worst Expansion so far.

This has been said about every expansion since Lich King (BC was the first expansion so by default it was both the worst and best expansion "so far")
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The system is really bad. Legendaries being more common helps but there are still outliers. I'm nearing 100 bosses killed since my last drop not counting caches in that time so they can still be tricky to get. Thankfully the 2 I have are not dogshit like op.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

This has been said about every expansion since Lich King (BC was the first expansion so by default it was both the worst and best expansion "so far")
    There has been good and bad in all expantions but imo, no expantion has had systems that ruin the experience like the legendary system. There are more things that help bring Legion down though but the legendary system is by far the worst idea Blizzard has ever had. Mistakes in other expantion don't even come close.

Both count as Holy.

Whenever I see somebody talk about how common legendaries are nowdays I remember that one drops for me usually every 3 weeks and I get angry a bit... Sure I don't exactly grind the game but up to this point I was doing al emissaries, supply caches (sometimes 15 per day, sometimes 1), nighthold (lfr normal, hc, partially mythic), hc ToV, hc (sometimes even normal) EN, end run few M+ almost every day.

The fact that at my current ilvl I am basically forced to step foot into EN is retarded.

Meanwhile we have some people in guild who get one almost every week -- including people who play less content than I do. To this day I remain convinced it is somehow connected to that bug at the start of the expansion which increased the drop chance for people who got their first legendary prior to some bugfix.

So as salty as I am about this topic..please take your speech about how often legendaries drop and sh...don't make them a general truth, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There has been good and bad in all expantions but imo, no expantion has had systems that ruin the experience like the legendary system. There are more things that help bring Legion down though but the legendary system is by far the worst idea Blizzard has ever had. Mistakes in other expantion don't even come close.
    And the same was said about things in WoD, MoP, Cata, Lich King, and BC. Next expansion something else will be the worst idea Blizzard has ever had. Just like garrisons were in WoD.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

However never before did you get a purely RNG based system (which' I am going to argue is biased) that can either prevent you from playing your class the way you want or makes you way less competitive compared to other players. The fact that Blizzard keeps adding new ones with a "shared drop chance" makes things even worse since if you are unlucky it puts you away from getting something decent even further every time they do so.

At least you won't be receiving Aggramar's stride anymore. I almost had all the legendaries for one spec and blizzard gave it a nerf bat so back to collecting more for another spec. Increases your chances of getting BiS now.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    However never before did you get a purely RNG based system (which' I am going to argue is biased) that can either prevent you from playing your class the way you want or makes you way less competitive compared to other players. The fact that Blizzard keeps adding new ones with a "shared drop chance" makes things even worse since if you are unlucky it puts you away from getting something decent even further every time they do so.
    My point was not to comment on whether the Legendary system is "good" or "bad"....just to say that every expansion gets the same "Worst Expac so Far" label due to one reason or another. Then as soon as that expansion is over...the next one is the worst and people are like "I want the last expac back"