Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You've got 12 out of 13 possible Legendaries and you're still mad? Come one... I have 5 characters level 110 and played through all content and I have amassed just 10 Legendaries on all of them.

_______

Both of my Legendaries are counting towards Holy? Or Holy / Miscallenous? Or how do I know?
    Running the content once doesn't mean you've done everything.
    This game is a grind especially if you are chasing after legendary's and high tf/wf items.
    You have to do everything every week in order to have even remotely close to what you want.

I'm aware this isn't appealing but that is the game and you can't be sad that you got 2 legendary's regardless of them been bad/good as you do not really play the game that much either way to make use of all the superior legendary's after all.

So all in all you are whining for the sake of whining because its cool in these days of age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    why cant both of you be upset? Sure you got the worse end of the stick but he got a pretty bad hand dealt to him as well. The legendary system in this game is terrible. it's going to forever taint this expansion.
    Because being upset is not productive and, in fact, destructive for your being.
    The system is not terrible, existence of high-impact effect legendaries (and their imbalance) is what people complain about. If difference between 1 legendary and other is 25% DPS increase - off fucking course people are going to complain. But remove from this legendary 50% of its stat and leave effect unchanged - it's somewhat balanced.

The problem is that it appears that blizzard balances classes against legendaries and set bonuses they have, which shouldn't be the case. Someone without top legendaries shouldn't be performing 20% fucking percent worse than someone with top legendaries. I pulled these numbers out of my ass just to make an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There has been good and bad in all expantions but imo, no expantion has had systems that ruin the experience like the legendary system. There are more things that help bring Legion down though but the legendary system is by far the worst idea Blizzard has ever had. Mistakes in other expantion don't even come close.
    random loot drop exist since alpha and it was "ruining the experience" from the get go
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    So as salty as I am about this topic..please take your speech about how often legendaries drop and sh...don't make them a general truth, please.
    So basically you are saying they don't drop often, because they don't for you, but in the same post you also say they in fact do for your guildies, who play less than you?
    Don't get me wrong, i dislike the system just as much most people do, i'm just saying you are not making any sense.

People really put too much value on legendaries in common; they are hardly the performance-defining factor everyone seems to make them out to be... Especially not for the majority of the player-base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    However never before did you get a purely RNG based system (which' I am going to argue is biased) that can either prevent you from playing your class the way you want or makes you way less competitive compared to other players. The fact that Blizzard keeps adding new ones with a "shared drop chance" makes things even worse since if you are unlucky it puts you away from getting something decent even further every time they do so.
    playing the class "the way you want" and "competitive" are usually mutually exclusive terms, unless you was lucky enough to have "the way you want" style of play to be the same that performs the best way.
    I want to play ray of frost mage - but i can't because it's shit. I mean, i can play it, but i'll stuck at the bottom of DPS charts and will be booted asap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    People really put too much value on legendaries in common; they are hardly the performance-defining factor everyone seems to make them out to be... Especially not for the majority of the player-base.
    Some of them do. Very very much so. I tried to sim my character with any other but top 2 legendaries and get reliable 12% DPS drop on average. Speaking of mage here, dunno how impactful ret legendries are
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, even if you play an insane amount you won't get one each week on average. Not even close to that.
    You're simply lying here.
    Well, I got 18 legs and the longest I've been without a legendary drop was two weeks, since the change. The fastest drop was the next day. So maybe it isn't 7 days on average, but it's close.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally just got my THIRD legendary, and yall talking about having 10 to 12 of them. ALL of you gotta stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    At least you won't be receiving Aggramar's stride anymore. I almost had all the legendaries for one spec and blizzard gave it a nerf bat so back to collecting more for another spec. Increases your chances of getting BiS now.
    Well this argument is pretty sad but valid. By getting the worst Legendaries first your chance on getting better ones is higher now... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I literally just got my THIRD legendary, and yall talking about having 10 to 12 of them. ALL of you gotta stop crying.
    Thank you.

Some really think when you do raids on all difficulties, dailies, dungeons etc. you get a Legendary every week - no you don't.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-06-27 at 08:56 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This far into the expansion and people are still whinging about legendaries. good lord.

My Warlock alt: I finished Broken Shore questline, finished warlock quest mount, got 52 points concordance, did triple caches every 3 days, ran m+ dungeons, cleared emerald nightmare, got to 890 ilvl. All before I even saw 1 legendary drop.

My guildies warrior: dinged 110, went to do caches, first cache dropped a legendary.

That is seriously messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    This far into the expansion and people are still whinging about legendaries. good lord.
    We need to, we need to show blizzard how retarded this whole system is in hopes of making sure it doesnt find its way into future expansions.

This is a very common theme in this expansion.

They keep bringing out new legendaries and so getting the one you want takes even longer.

Legendaries are really fun, I just wish you could choose or the drop rate was much higher. The Nether shard thing is hopeless. I haven't got any.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyes View Post
    We need to, we need to show blizzard how retarded this whole system is in hopes of making sure it doesnt find its way into future expansions.
    They can really keep this kind of system when there is something like an RNG-Counter (e.g. you can trade 1 Legendary + 50.000g / 25.000 Nethershards / 20.000 Ressources or whatever for one Legendary of your choice). And when they would categorize Legendaries a bit better: Utility (Aggramar's Stride, Sephuz, Prydaz, Norgannon etc.) vs. Output Legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    why cant both of you be upset? Sure you got the worse end of the stick but he got a pretty bad hand dealt to him as well. The legendary system in this game is terrible. it's going to forever taint this expansion.
    because i am not upset.
    i accepted the system and its drawbacks and iam just happily playing.

Agree, system is flawed... I have 7 and missing my bis for ret (which is my main), hence I'm doing "shitty" dmg and was leveling an arms warrior to replace him... now I've gotten 2 leggies on the warrior, both utility-shite so bleeeeeh....

Please let us exchange 2 leggies for 1 or something... I'd be happy to toss all the 7 I have on my main to get that stupid belt even!

Anyone who is whining about only having 3 legs just isn't doing shit.

http://darklegacycomics.com/575

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At best you're relieved when you get a good one, at worst you simply quit after a few drops. Never befor has so many of the people I play with quit over just a single feature. It's odd that Blizzard does not get this.
    I have personally experienced it to be a positive thing every single time a legendary has dropped for me, both the "shit" (aka pretty good items, just not as great as some others) ones and the awesome ones.

It's all about player attitude and how you choose to respond. It's odd that some people do not get this.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep it. I like the system. I don't see it as being retarded, I moreso seeing the people that bitch it about it 24/7 as being the retarded things about it.

As a Day 1 classic player, who has been through all the fun and hell that is in the family and friend alphas to the crazy PTRs all the way to that drought we called WoD, I can say hands down, I find the current legendary system to be one of the most cancerous things about the game. I thought the whole real name real ID thing was a horrific idea, I will go as far to say that this current legendary system is right next to it if not ahead of it.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I feel like I need to be the voice of reason, to stop Blizzard from wasting their time, which could better spent making new content, instead making an unnecessary change to satiate the whims of people who don't understand that their issues are of their own making because of their own silly attitudes which they adamantly refuse to evaluate.

Honestly, for anyone who is a serious raider and actually has a legitimate need for BiS legendaries, they have them already and have had them for months.

And even back near the start of the expansion when these people were all vocal, even then, the "need" wasn't as great as they made out. Because across a mythic raiding team of 20 people all putting in a similar amount of effort, the effect of legendaries was going to be almost equal, certainly no more impactful to guild progress than RNG on other gear (which has always been the case).

Players that got upset about having substandard legendaries were really just being horribly immature, and if it did actually happen that guilds benched those who got inferior legendaries purely on that basis, then sorry to have to be the one to say it, but those guilds were run by retards, and players affected by them are better off finding better guilds. But like I say, I don't believe that happened that much. What probably happened was that for some top end guilds where they had to choose one player over another equal player for a progression fight, it would come down to legendaries, where in the past it might have been based on other gear (a trinket or weapon for example), or just a plain old simple coin toss. In the end, who got the better legendary in the first month is as good a coin toss as any other. Still, any guild with any level of sense should still have been rotating their roster enough to make sure that everyone on their team got a decent amount of raid time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I hope they keep it. I like the system. I don't see it as being retarded, I moreso seeing the people that bitch it about it 24/7 as being the retarded things about it.
    If you play 1 character 1 spec the system at the moment is kinda manageable, you reach "maxed out" state then they add some more, you take maybe a month to get "new exciting legendaries" then wait for another patch. However, if you want to play multiple specs, it starts growing out of proportion (this is especially punishing for classes that were used to respeccing fight-per-fight basis and treated it as their class advantage, for example mages, and is especially bad when a spec is tuned around having a legendary - for example fire mage and their bracer as a "saving grace" for letting fire be a raid spec not just a dungeon one).

It's also one of the few last bastions of "alt unfriendliness" in Legion, AK got fixed, "attunements" got account wide (unlocks: WQ, Suramar dungeons, Karazhan, flying are account wide), catch up gear was provided, but there is no catch up for legendaries. Let's say it's true what people say: "if you're doing all the content, you get a legendary every 10 days on average", that means still 4 months of grinding all the content just to complete a collection on 1 spec on 1 character, that is massively more effort than getting raid geared because getting raid geared won't take you 4 months and clearing the raid just on the difficulty of your choice is way less effort than doing "all the content" that people who get legendarys so often do.

You might be lucky and get your desired ones faster, but if we compare this to past expansions' "alts' cockblocks" like attunements, reps for shoulder / head enchants, MOP / WOD legendaries, you weren't facing 4 months of grind, if you were done once, you were done for all specs, and several of the things had been given generous catch up mechanisms for alts as the expansions progressed. For example as wotlk progressed, you could "buy off" Hodir rep with various tokens to speed up the process (like relics of Ulduar) and the head enchant was made BOA. MOP and WOD had various improvements, nerfs and catch ups placed in the legendary questline as it gotten longer and longer.

Primary problem with the system is that these who are behind, stay behind, and contrary to let's say order hall champions (that have no catch up either), the champions are a side-game not tied to your class gameplay, and you can max them faster than you can max your legendaries.

And the biggest deal is Blizzard themselves advertised the system as something "you mix and match, equip different legendaries to counter a specific scenario", and it's hard to do that when you don't have them. It's a neat idea: equip aoe legendary when there's aoe, survivability one when there's a tough damage going on around, single target dps one when there's just 1 boss to nuke, cc one when the encounter calls for it... But the execution of it falls flat when you can't really choose because you don't have them, contrary to for example talents that you can tailor towards the specific encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    And I feel like I need to be the voice of reason, to stop Blizzard from wasting their time, which could better spent making new content, instead making an unnecessary change
    Yeah, because people who "make content" are exactly the same team that is responsible for system / balance changes? This is as silly as the old argument that everything "will cost us a raid tier" even things that engage completely different section of devs.