Poll: What would you choose for the Artifact system?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Artifact weapons after 7.3

The question we all have but are too afraid to ask: What is happening to Artifact weapons after Legion?
    It would be stupid that Blizzard just replace them with some green trash weapon in the quest log the next expansion .
    thoughts?

They mentioned at the start/before Legion that they'd like to have a story solution for this problem.

I.e. we pass our weapons on to someone else or they get destroyed/power consumed for some reason.

Nobody is or was too afraid to ask it, quite the contrary: it already have been asked many times before. A short recap of all the answers/conclusions: we probaly will sacrifice them to defeat the last boss (Sargeras).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post

we pass our weapons on to someone else or they get destroyed/power consumed for some reason.
    I was thinking about that, sargeras or someone else destroys them but the AP keeps intact and replaces the talent system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Nobody is or was too afraid to ask it, quite the contrary: it already have been asked many times before. A short recap of all the answers/conclusions: we probaly will sacrifice them to defeat the last boss (Sargeras).
    it´s going to be very painful watch my artifact being replaced by the endless boring loot system next expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    I was thinking about that, sargeras or someone else destroys them but the AP keeps intact and replaces the talent system.

- - - Updated - - -

it´s going to be very painful watch my artifact being replaced by the endless boring loot system next expac.
    Implying farming hours a time per day to put 1 point into your artifact weapon isn't boring

I hope we will have normal weapons in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if we kill or defeat Sargeras who is going to be the new baddie? Old gods/Titans expac confirmed for 8.0?

Artifacts are either consumed to kill the last boss, or to shut down the rift between Azeroth and Argus.

In any case, the item level 1200 [Green Staff of Questing] will be much more powerful than the artifacts ever were.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-06-27 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Earth View Post
    Implying farming hours a time per day to put 1 point into your artifact weapon isn't boring
    I wonder if the cosmetic system is going to replace the look-farming as well, maybe the´ll even replace the trinkets.

Also, if we kill or defeat Sargeras who is going to be the new baddie? Old gods/Titans expac confirmed for 8.0?
    Titans are dead.

Azshara and N'Zoth next, then Void beyond Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Titans are dead.

Nah, is going to be like in Supernatural, everyone thinks god/Titans are dead (Sargy fooled everyone )but they are going to arrive to help us with the last evil of all: Darkness/the old gods.

Either way I hope that all passives will be transferred over and become base so the majority won't have that empty hole once the artifacts become "useless"

10+ Year Old Account
    The question we all have but are too afraid to ask: What is happening to Artifact weapons after Legion?
    It would be stupid that Blizzard just replace them with some green trash weapon in the quest log the next expansion .
    thoughts?
    We won't have them in the next expansion.

My theory is, that we hand our weapons over to someone better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    We won't have them in the next expansion.

My theory is, that we hand our weapons over to someone better.
    Why would you do that? someone better? Chris Metzen? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Titans are dead.

Pretty sure we don't know if the Titans are dead, or not. I mean, it is confirmed that one Titan is still alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you do that? someone better? Chris Metzen? lol.
    Someone better, as in, more attuned to their cause or stronger than you, or more respected. I've always had the theory that we were just the next best thing each class hall had available to pick at the moment. I mean, for Paladins, it is quite obvious whom should have the Ashbringer, for example.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pretty sure we don't know if the Titans are dead, or not. I mean, it is confirmed that one Titan is still alive.
    Yeah, Sargeras. He killed the rest.

Azeroth will probably never woke up, and if she did... well there would be some complications for the people currently on the planet.

Deleted
    Maybe we can throw them in the forge and obliterate them for a higher item level green weapon!

7+ Year Old Account
    Why can't we just carry them into the next expansion? They add to much to class design already, and gameplay might feel empty without them. Blizz would have to replace all the traits and active skills that they gave us with something else

Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    Why can't we just carry them into the next expansion? They add to much to class design already, and gameplay might feel empty without them. Blizz would have to replace all the traits and active skills that they gave us with something else
    They can just bake any abilities given by artifacts into the base class design in 8.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Either way I hope that all passives will be transferred over and become base
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    Blizz would have to replace all the traits and active skills that they gave us with something else
    As with any expansion pack, they will adjust the spells and buffs available, as well as the rotation for each spec, and will adjust accordingly. Just because we lose some abilities doesn't mean we're nerfed to the ground or have gaps in the rotation. The changes will be designed around that, just like when we lost the WoD perks.