Poll: What would you choose for the Artifact system?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If they want to continue with artifact grinding in 8.0 I hope they just bring back the relic slot, that way they could add models for quivers, librams, etc. As for our weapons, I have a feeling we'll drain their power to supercharge the pillars of creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I didn't say that was lvl 111 weapon. It could be 120 weapon, at which point Legion Artifacts and Legendaries will surely stop working.
    Quest weapons at max level do not award greens 99% of the time. You're backpeddling now or your logic is flawed. Take your pick. Pretty sure you're implying the age old "green item replaced epic" when the epic was usually 2 tiers behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    If they want to continue with artifact grinding in 8.0 I hope they just bring back the relic slot, that way they could add models for quivers, librams, etc. As for our weapons, I have a feeling we'll drain their power to supercharge the pillars of creation.
    The felstorm is already closed which was the point of the pillars.

About the only plausible draining of them would have to be at the start of the next expansion considering the fact that if the end boss of legion made it happen, we'd have story vs game issues or we'd have no artifact to use for the months of the last tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Nah, is going to be like in Supernatural, everyone thinks god/Titans are dead (Sargy fooled everyone )but they are going to arrive to help us with the last evil of all: Darkness/the old gods.
    Are you the new Jaylock? Threads with this topic are already all over this forum.

I for one hope we simply replace our current artifacts with another very similar item/system. AP combined with M+ has given me and my guild a real purpouse to log in outside of raids and removing that would probably lead to a very boring WoD state again (aka nothing to do if you don't care about vanity items or achievement points etc).

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Quest weapons at max level do not award greens 99% of the time. You're backpeddling now or your logic is flawed. Take your pick. Pretty sure you're implying the age old "green item replaced epic" when the epic was usually 2 tiers behind.
    The story will say that the artifacts are trashed at the end of the expansion, and gameplay wise their traits will be melded into classes come 8.0 overhaul. The weapons will be replaced soon in the next expansion cycle. The color of the font doesn't matter, they could be greys for all I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Are you the new Jaylock? Threads with this topic are already all over this forum.
    Who is jaylock? I was just pointing that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Holy f#$k! Less Grossman.

They will be consumed... Next expansion will be Northrend, not sure how exactly but I can see them taking a break from the bigger baddies if Sargeras comes.

It's almost funny how everyone is convinced it's Queen Azshara next yet... you have at the very forefront Odyn, Eyir, Sylvanas as Warchief who bargained with Helya: The first and queen of Valkyrja who were procreating the Forsaken and that story not even finished in the slightest, certain Dragonflight creeping up despite they are mortal now and weren't making clutches again - not in one campaign but a few, Chromie going back to Dragonblight to fix time, the warning coming in a later patch when we visit Sholazor Basin, Azeroth's warning present in the Basin visit...

Not to mention they updated Vanilla through Cataclysm, TBC levelling through WoD expansion and theme and now TBC raiding through Legion expansion and theme. We had a Mists intermission sure but you could be crazy and say we were going to have Pandaren originally in TBC until they made Draenei and they wanted to add it in, Cataclysm with Deathwing bursting through the crust of Azeroth was a perfect, albeit in hindsight a ridiculous excuse to blow some smoke off a fast-swimming turtle roaming the seas we can cross via a boat easily for years.

Compared to... the same subtle suggestions of Queen Azshara. There's been very little invention on her behalf except for the prelude with Farondis but that's probably the most evident appearance of her - and don't quote the Dungeon... That's set in the past where we technically as players don't exist. Sure she will come, but they won't allow you to knock out two big villains whom have been whispers over the last decade and minor appearances. Money will be money in the end... They want to milk it till 2024 as I read on an article.
    I understand Sargeras being lofty, he's a Titan but Azshara has been biding her time next to the Rift. I would have thought they would make more of a parade on that front to get into the flow of Queen Azshara and the Void.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-27 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    TBC levelling through WoD and now
    Last time I checked Outland is still as it were in 2007.

WoD Draenor is not Outland, nor did it replace it in the leveling curve.

The story will say that the artifacts are trashed at the end of the expansion, and gameplay wise their traits will be melded into classes come 8.0 overhaul. The weapons will be replaced soon in the next expansion cycle. The color of the font doesn't matter, they could be greys for all I care.
    Except there's no need to do so. They can change them, but the system is the same system we've had for multiple expansions just put on a weapon and allowing progression after 100.

Last time I checked Outland is still as it were in 2007.

WoD Draenor is not Outland, nor did it replace it in the leveling curve.
    If you read the whole context, it implies they revisited it and updated it. It might be an alternative reality, but Cataclysm burnt Vanilla WoW and Legion carries on the storyline set by Outlands. None of the later extensions on top of the old are an exact carbon copy are they?

What you are quoting is a remaster... I said update, to make it modern. You wouldn't have Legion if we didn't replace Gul'dan and other characters we received from the time travel. It's useful twisting of the game that already ahs something like Bronze Dragonflight to allow it.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-27 at 11:43 AM.

They will be consumed... Next expansion will be Northrend, not sure how exactly but I can see them taking a break from the bigger baddies if Sargeras comes.

It's almost funny how everyone is convinced it's Queen Azshara next yet... you have at the very forefront Odyn, Eyir, Sylvanas as Warchief who bargained with Helya: The first and queen of Valkyrja who were procreating the Forsaken and that story not even finished in the slightest, certain Dragonflight creeping up despite they are mortal now and weren't making clutches again - not in one campaign but a few, Chromie going back to Dragonblight to fix time, the warning coming in a later patch when we visit Sholazor Basin, Azeroth's warning present in the Basin visit...

Not to mention they updated Vanilla through Cataclysm, TBC levelling through WoD expansion and theme and now TBC raiding through Legion expansion and theme. We had a Mists intermission sure but you could be crazy and say we were going to have Pandaren originally in TBC until they made Draenei and they wanted to add it in, Cataclysm with Deathwing bursting through the crust of Azeroth was a perfect, albeit in hindsight a ridiculous excuse to blow some smoke off a fast-swimming turtle roaming the seas we can cross via a boat easily for years.

Compared to... the same subtle suggestions of Queen Azshara. There's been very little invention on her behalf except for the prelude with Farondis but that's probably the most evident appearance of her - and don't quote the Dungeon... That's set in the past where we technically as players don't exist. Sure she will come, but they won't allow you to knock out two big villains whom have been whispers over the last decade and minor appearances. Money will be money in the end... They want to milk it till 2024 as I read on an article.
    I understand Sargeras being lofty, he's a Titan but Azshara has been biding her time next to the Rift. I would have thought they would make more of a parade on that front to get into the flow of Queen Azshara and the Void.
    See above. Azshara is not powerful. If they make her even remotely a threat, Blizzard doesn't know their own lore and are doing it for the head canon in players' heads.

Hope they completely scrap the artifact system.

As well as the follower facebook game, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Hope they completely scrap the artifact system.

As well as the follower facebook game, but that's another story.
    That app makes me wonder if they will keep Class Halls a little longer. Why exert time and effort to make an app in the first place for a year or so of expansion seems off to me. They didn't for Garrisons which was really a predecessor to Class Halls with missions.

Replaced by a quest green at the start of "Rise of Ashara"
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

See above. Azshara is not powerful. If they make her even remotely a threat, Blizzard doesn't know their own lore and are doing it for the head canon in players' heads.
    I wouldn't say they don't know their own lore or do you mean it's more players are either missing the point of the current events entirely or so fixated on the other they are not even seeing what's in front of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll probably keep the items themselves at the power level we finish the Argus raid with, but storywise we'll expend all their extra power to close up that giant portal or use it up in conjunction with the Pillars of Creation to defeat Sargeras. Next expansion, either they'll iterate on the Artifact system to continue the concept of level-cap alternate progression by building up our weapons, or they'll go back to the old weapon drops and find some other way to work the Artifact system into our characters (seeing as how they seem fairly happy with how the AP system works overall as a steady means of progression between getting good loot drops and when raids are on farm).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    The question we all have but are too afraid to ask: What is happening to Artifact weapons after Legion?
    It would be stupid that Blizzard just replace them with some green trash weapon in the quest log the next expansion .
    thoughts?
    Why is this a question...we have the pillars of creation and then on top of those we have 35 artifacts that we have made more powerful than they ever have been before

obviously we will voltron them together into a super cannon of sargaras slaying which also just happens to fix argus all at once before blowing up
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

I wouldn't say they don't know their own lore or do you mean it's more players are either missing the point of the current events entirely or so fixated on the other they are not even seeing what's in front of them?
    They can't read lore as a full piece and rather look at each thing piecemeal. If you look at all lore combined, Azshara should now be about on par with maybe Jaina/Khadgar.

And yes, time and time again Blizzard doesn't know their own lore. Current example: Illidan speaking to the player character while dead on Mardum which is in the nether talking about a demon soul allowing them to rez even though they're in the nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    We'll probably keep the items themselves at the power level we finish the Argus raid with, but storywise we'll expend all their extra power to close up that giant portal or use it up in conjunction with the Pillars of Creation to defeat Sargeras. Next expansion, either they'll iterate on the Artifact system to continue the concept of level-cap alternate progression by building up our weapons, or they'll go back to the old weapon drops and find some other way to work the Artifact system into our characters (seeing as how they seem fairly happy with how the AP system works overall as a steady means of progression between getting good loot drops and when raids are on farm).
    What portal? All portals are currently closed. If you're talking about Argus in the sky the portal is closed. It closed as the cinematic ended hence Khadgar was shocked. He would have said "close the portal" not "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!" Also if you have seen the Argus in the sky screenshots there's no portal just Argus.

They can't read lore as a full piece and rather look at each thing piecemeal. If you look at all lore combined, Azshara should now be about on par with maybe Jaina/Khadgar.

And yes, time and time again Blizzard doesn't know their own lore. Current example: Illidan speaking to the player character while dead on Mardum which is in the nether talking about a demon soul allowing them to rez even though they're in the nether.

- - - Updated - - -

What portal? All portals are currently closed. If you're talking about Argus in the sky the portal is closed. It closed as the cinematic ended hence Khadgar was shocked. He would have said "close the portal" not "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!" Also if you have seen the Argus in the sky screenshots there's no portal just Argus.
    this dumbass needs to go see an eye doctor. Seriously, how do you not see that the portal is EXPANDING the entire cinimatic. get this part through your stupid head...

THE PORTAL TO ARGUS IS WIDE OPEN, THIS IS THE REASON DADGAR WENT ALL "OMGWTF ILLIDAN"
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    this dumbass needs to go see an eye doctor. Seriously, how do you not see that the portal is EXPANDING the entire cinimatic. get this part through your stupid head...

THE PORTAL TO ARGUS IS WIDE OPEN, THIS IS THE REASON DADGAR WENT ALL "OMGWTF ILLIDAN"
    I don't know about you, but the portal taking the exact shape of Argus with all floating rocks and particles seems very unlikely to me.

It looks way more like he just ported the planet itself.