Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Your avorite "Odd" race/class/spec combinations

Sometimes some classes fit thematically very well a bunch of races (ex: Shaman Orc, Tauren, troll), some other times classes eel kinda wrong for their races (ex. Paladin Taurens ... sigh). SOme other times tho, you can find an odd combination of class spec and race that it's kinda cool while still not looking ridicolous Im gonna put a list here explaining why. Hope you do the same!

Undead Monk (all specs):
    the idea of a monk that was dead someway or another and risen again from the dead it's jsut strong. i like it, zombie monks tw

Tauren and Dwarves Brewmaster Monks:
    The massive figure of Taurens spitting fire, and the famous affinity of dwarves with beer make this a must.

Pandaren Sublety Rogue:
    When you think of Pandarens you don't really think about being a shady guys with daggers, BUT they demonstrated incredible agility already, and jumping in and out of the shadows at high speed make this a perfect "odd" match.

Orc Mage:
    I just like it. Especially having like an old, wise orc mage.

Goblin Warrior:
    Why Goblin and not gnomes? Goblin are more vicious and ruthless, and honestly they don't feel pity at all. I you think about it they are very good Warriors.

Worgen Death Knight:
    It's just badass as f.

Undead Hunter:
    Same things as for the monk. Not to mention there are an icnredible amount of "undead" pets, and undead looking weapons and armor to fit this thing even more.

Troll Druid:
    Well, this is pretty established by now, but back when Cata was released it kinda got everyone by surprise. I think overall that iit was the most successful race/class combination added there, and they show us a side of druidism never seen before.

Dwarf Warlock:
    You know when during the game you encounter those shady maniacs Dwarves that summon strange magics?. Those.

Deleted
    Undead hunter is something I just don't buy. Especially beastmasters. Undead pets are undead pets, leave'em with death knights.

Belf shaman would be interesting. I could finally consider having a horde shammy.

Otherwise yip, interesting combinations, especially the Worgen DK who's both a shapeshifter and an undead at the same time A trv Transylvanian Vervolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome warior & Dwarf shaman.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Honestly, Tauren Paladins don't bother me at all. It is a little weird, but a Tauren being a Ret or Prot Paladin is pretty believable.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, Tauren Paladins don't bother me at all. It is a little weird, but a Tauren being a Ret or Prot Paladin is pretty believable.
    ehhh... if you are an old warcraft fan you can never accept that. I would have preferred Undead Paladins over Taurens paladins. Evne if they created lore around it it's till very very weird. Same thing with Tauren Priests

Tauren paladins should never have existed.

.. "Sunwalkers".. Puh!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    ehhh... if you are an old warcraft fan you can never accept that. I would have preferred Undead Paladins over Taurens paladins. Evne if they created lore around it it's till very very weird. Same thing with Tauren Priests
    Seriously? I would never accept the twisting of lore for Undead Paladins ... ever. It would require far more twisting than Tauren Paladins.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    New favorite is a Goblin Warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    New favorite is a Goblin Warrior.
    My main , honestly it is super cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Seriously? I would never accept the twisting of lore for Undead Paladins ... ever. It would require far more twisting than Tauren Paladins.
    i know right? not saying it should exists. as it shouldn't. Blizz wanted to have another Pally race wich was clearly a bad move. that said, having a shamanistic race being forced up with Light, and heavy armor and all these pala stuff, feels very wrong

Deleted
    Draenei Priest. Oh warlocks are bad, but I'm gonna summon the power of the void and rip out yopur soul and beat up your ass with it.
    Works just as well with Pandaren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Draenei Priest. Oh warlocks are bad, but I'm gonna summon the power of the void and rip out yopur soul and beat up your ass with it.
    Works just as well with Pandaren.
    haha that made me laugh. , but to be honest Female Draenei shadow rpiests is pretty sexy, reminds me of a succubus

Forsaken death knights are probably my favorites. I consider them huge but funny failures in life.

Normal human > undead serving Arthas > undead serving Sylvanas > undead serving Arthas again > undead serving Sylvanas again > undead serving the Ebon Blade(?)

Though it did catch us by surprise... Troll Druids is probably something that should have been done before. Trolls worship Loa who are the same but known as Wild Gods to the Night Elves, therefore they would have known about Cenarius one way or another even if they learned it through other paths, it could be connected and this was relevant before the introduction in Cataclysm.

Trolls also resided in Kalimdor too and are one of the oldest races going with acknowledgements like having fought the Aqir after the Black Empire fight. It was also rumored for years Night Elves came from Trolls but with it's confirmation now, it makes it sensible if that the later evolution adapted Druidism, the foundation creature could too even if it was different teachings that enabled them.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-27 at 11:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel that Troll druids should've gotten totally different Forms. Like, Spiders instead of cats, Dinosaurs instead of bears. Dunno about Moonkins and trees though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    I feel that Troll druids should've gotten totally different Forms. Like, Spiders instead of cats, Dinosaurs instead of bears. Dunno about Moonkins and trees though.
    The forms are mostly okay: Bat? check, Saberthooth tiger? check. The only one trange is the bear probably, but it's needed for gameplay clarity. and still look badass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Though it did catch us by surprise... Troll Druids is probably something that should have been done before. Trolls worship Loa who are the same but known as Wild Gods to the Night Elves, therefore they would have known about Cenarius one way or another even if they learned it through other paths, it could be connected and this was relevant before the introduction in Cataclysm.

Trolls also resided in Kalimdor too and are one of the oldest races going with acknowledgements like having fought the Aqir after the Black Empire fight. It was also rumored for years Night Elves came from Trolls but with it's confirmation now, it makes it sensible if that the later evolution adapted Druidism, the foundation creature could too even if it was different teachings that enabled them.
    Yeha, hard to think how great trolls were and how they are now... My favorite race butchered

Quote Originally Posted by Acheronian View Post
    Tauren paladins should never have existed.

.. "Sunwalkers".. Puh!
    If they never existed I'd never be able to play a horde paladin. Blood Elves are god awful. And undead? Can't stand them either.

You mean ones that exist in the game, not just the ones we'd like to have added, right?

Worgen Hunters, there's something cool about that, once you became a beast, you'd have better bond with other beasts.

Dwarf Rogue, playing on the Explorer / Archeologist / burglar of relics theme. Brann type.

Night Elf Monk, they have natural agility and elusiveness.

Gnome / Goblin Hunter, a tinker / engineer with guns and explosives, matches a lot.

Draenei mage, everyone focuses on their affinity to Light and them being Paladins / Priests but we kinda forget about their innate affinity towards the arcane that drew the Burning Legion towards them.

Forsaken Death Knight, so you can be double Undead.

Troll Monk, capoeira fighting style baby!

Pandaren Warrior, they are masters of many weapon styles, it's hard to believe they're all just Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    The forms are mostly okay: Bat? check, Saberthooth tiger? check. The only one trange is the bear probably, but it's needed for gameplay clarity. and still look badass

- - - Updated - - -

Yeha, hard to think how great trolls were and how they are now... My favorite race butchered
    Well, they are still awesome. I loved that they bigged them up even more with the whole Mogu thing. Might have been a personal favourite to further expand on a cool race, I am just sad to see Vol'jin die but I reckon he will come back as a spirit or even funnier with coming back from the Shadowlands as a Shadow Hunter and a future class...

Wow, that actually might be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Rogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Tauren Rogue
    Now we are talking