Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Can you link me some examples of people saying Russia "controlled" our election?
    Just about every lefty mmo poster on this site. Even if you don't believe that people said that, the fact that I did and you argued wrongly against it shows you, you don't pay attention to words and context.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a difference between influenced and controlled, my advice is look them up in the dictionary to understand the difference.
    It's people that keep saying controlled that are making other people think Russia hacked the voting machines for Trump. All they did was hack the DNC and release their dirty laundry. They did not control the election. They gave people factual things the DNC was doing and let them decide.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you link me some examples of people saying Russia "controlled" our election?
    You LITERALLY replied to him saying "people believing Russia controlled the election" with the first sentence being "there is evidence of it" which means you are the example right here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I mean people believe that black people are targeted by cops for killings and people also think more black people are killed by cops than white people in the United States yet the opposite is factually true.
    Maybe those people are basing it off of population. Either way, the NBER assessment was very good. It did show that black people are more likely to be the targets of all other forms of use of force by officers, other than shooting. They are more likely to be targeted, stopped, arrested (falsely), have hands placed on, tased, and pepper sprayed.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    then u adjust for percentage of population. And then somehow different arguments come up with crime statistics and race adjusted by population as if they were being obtuse all along.
    After adjustment and inclusion that black people in the United States COMMIT more crimes annually than white people which means they have more police interaction, that number looks normal.

When all the news shows is black killings, people believe this false narrative.

Just about every lefty mmo poster on this site. Even if you don't believe that people said that, the fact that I did and you argued wrongly against it shows you, you don't pay attention to words and context.
    So, you are blaming yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    After adjustment and inclusion that black people in the United States COMMIT more crimes annually than white people which means they have more police interaction, that number looks normal.

Ah, so I totally predicted your argument. Looks like you were being obtuse. Its not like its literally how this discussion goes every single time. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Speaking of Trump, I did enjoy this read:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/...ps-leadership/
    I enjoyed this.

Maybe those people are basing it off of population. Either way, the NBER assessment was very good. It did show that black people are more likely to be the targets of all other forms of use of force by officers, other than shooting. They are more likely to be targeted, stopped, arrested (falsely), have hands placed on, tased, and pepper sprayed.

Doesn't account for the fact that black people commit more crimes in the Unites States which is a definitely proven number as well.

And that's why you look at the data.

The data shows that black people are more likely to be targeted with all forms of use of force, except for being shot.

I enjoyed this.

I mean when studies have come out to show that more negative news has been reported on him than any other president, it's not shocking. Negative doesn't just imply factual. It implies the tone and language used.

Why so close in Nigeria though?

Doesn't account for the fact that black people commit more crimes in the Unites States which is a definitely proven number as well.
    Yes, it does account for that. It is the most exhaustive survey that has ever been done on the issue. Even the author of "In Context" applauds it. By the way, that is a great book written by a police officer (and statistician) about the use of force by officers.

And that's why you look at the data.

The data shows that black people are more likely to be targeted with all forms of use of force, except for being shot.
    See above. The data is flawed because it only includes what it wants to. Much like the "women make 75 cents on the dollar to men"

It's people that keep saying controlled that are making other people think Russia hacked the voting machines for Trump. All they did was hack the DNC and release their dirty laundry. They did not control the election. They gave people factual things the DNC was doing and let them decide.

Yup, preciously. If Hillary, The DNC and even CNN didn't have dirty laundry there would have been nothing to expose.

I mean when studies have come out to show that more negative news has been reported on him than any other president, it's not shocking. Negative doesn't just imply factual. It implies the tone and language used.

Why so close in Nigeria though?
    Isn't that exactly how Russia sought to influence the election? Either brainwashing works, or it doesn't... take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. The data is flawed because it only includes what it wants to. Much like the "women make 75 cents on the dollar to men"
    The data takes the rate of crimes committed by each demographic into account.

Isn't that exactly how Russia sought to influence the election? Either brainwashing works, or it doesn't... take your pick.
    No, Russia used factual things that they found in the DNC files. The media instead is foaming at the mouth and other countries are reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I didn't think you were stupid enough to argue against something that didn't even exist and thus I argued against what I thought your position actually was.

In the future, I will assume your intelligence is much lower and won't make the same mistake.

No, Russia used factual things that they found in the DNC files. The media instead is foaming at the mouth and other countries are reading it.
    They also pushed false bullshit and fake news at an alarming rate. People bought into it, and spread the misinformation. So, if you are going to complain about the media pushing a false narrative, you have to recognize that Russian and its legion of trolls were doing the same thing. It wasn't just about hacking the DNC, which was proof they wanted to influence the election. It was also about the concerted effort to change the narrative, and it was a false one.

Sorry, I didn't think you were stupid enough to argue against something that didn't even exist and thus I argued against what I thought your position actually was.

In the future, I will assume your intelligence is much lower and won't make the same mistake.
    Now you result to childish name calling because I pointed out how you was wrong, tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    English...DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Seriously though. You probably shouldn't post when you're so obviously angry, or unbalanced? or idk. But seriously...
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah. Factual pizza pedophiles.