Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This. I am not going to accept someone is my friend who acts like that towards me. Friends do not treat each other that way.
    We live in a world of half-truths and sarcasm. It's frowned upon to have a direct opinion on something, which is why many choose (not always consciously) to share their thoughts in indirect, non-personal ways. Passively.

You'll hardly ever see anyone insult anyone to their face, but you'll hear plenty of snarky remarks thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    he admits it though. I appreciate. Many here would never admit to doing anything they are doing.
    Maybe Tennisace and Jaylock, but honestly, it's not really self awareness if you refuse to change it. Shit, 3 years of PTSD therapy has given me great insight, but I can't change the behaviors. So, I lack the self awareness to change the behavior. I would really say Shank has insight.

Insight and self awareness go hand in hand but are different, I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Maybe Tennisace and Jaylock, but honestly, it's not really self awareness if you refuse to change it. Shit, 3 years of PTSD therapy has given me great insight, but I can't change the behaviors. So, I lack the self awareness to change the behavior. I would really say Shank has insight.

Insight and self awareness go hand in hand but are different, I'd say.
    Tenn and lock are very self aware.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    We live in a world of half-truths and sarcasm. It's frowned upon to have a direct opinion on something, which is why many choose (not always consciously) to share their thoughts in indirect, non-personal ways. Passively.

You'll hardly ever see anyone insult anyone to their face, but you'll hear plenty of snarky remarks thrown around.
    Which can reveal who they actually are. And if it is a shitty way of putting you down, then I would say they have revealed they possibly are not your friend. Not referring to sincere concerns about you and maybe even saying something which is blunt, in order to help you. Not hard to tell the difference. Friends should console each other and be helpful, not tearing the other down. All this said, people are not perfect and make mistakes, so forgiveness is in order if it is not a common occurrence, but rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you didn't post things that I don't like I wouldn't be so passive aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which can reveal who they actually are. And if it is a shitty way of putting you down, then I would say they have revealed they possibly are not your friend. Not referring to sincere concerns about you and maybe even saying something which is blunt, in order to help you. Not hard to tell the difference. Friends should console each other and be helpful, not tearing the other down. All this said, people are not perfect and make mistakes, so forgiveness is in order if it is not a common occurrence, but rare.
    I thought my old roommate was my friend until I came to this conclusion, and moved out shortly after.

There was a study on Reddit the other day, that said people that do this think they are actually being helpful. Something something malice and stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but this kind of behavior seems obligatory to almost every nurse I've ever worked with.

I can't stand it, and I don't enable it. Some people think it's rude to call people on that, but I think it's for the better in the long run.

Deleted
    Whatever I am not passive aggressive

Deleted
    Passive aggressive is the best kind of aggressive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Passive aggressive is the best kind of aggressive.
    consenting sexual aggression is the best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    consenting sexual aggression is the best
    How many shades of grey do you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account
    all of them

Deleted
    Fisting to the elbow

I've dealt with this in my family and I've found the best way to deal with it is just to leave. It's better not to give them further ammunition.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."