Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Spec is poorly designed and the devs who are in charge of it have little to no clue.
    Whomever did our mastery change for Legion needs to be fired, who would have thought what would make Ret gameplay more interesting *facepalms*
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I'll hold out on the "sky is falling" reaction until most people get their T20 4pc.
    You do realize that this will change for the worse for ret? Being one of if not the weakest 4sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Also, as a class that files multiple roles, it is perfectly acceptable, and darn right appropriate, for your DPS spec to be near the bottom of the pack. There is no reason for Ret to be one of the top DPS specs, ever, yet it's held that position plenty of times over the years.
    So, based on that logic, then:
    - Prot should be bottom at tanking
    - Holy should be bottom at healing

Logic much?

Looking at top three logs for the single target fights, its a bit depressing to see some logs at 20-45% uptime on retribution and still behind far behind. Our single target could definitely use some love. Not a huge buff, 3-4% overall single target without buffing our aoe and we would be middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Looking at top three logs for the single target fights, its a bit depressing to see some logs at 20-45% uptime on retribution and still behind far behind. Our single target could definitely use some love. Not a huge buff, 3-4% overall single target without buffing our aoe and we would be middle of the pack.
    But you've had a 3.5% buff already!
    Two times!
    Truly you Ret lot can't be sated!

Deleted
    Hunters : the class that is proud to continue playing speccs that need to dismiss pets. I pretty much dont understand how this pure dps class has more utility than rets in a raid environment. Anyways i grinned a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Not a huge buff? Why not?

Give them a huge buff so ret is actually competitive on the top for a change.

10+ Year Old Account

can't have that, I mean a ret actually doing dmg that isn't some bug or exploit in a expansion? It would be nice for once in a expansion that if a trinket is actually super strong or strong just in general for ret that they would just leave it alone for once, they love doing that for basically every other class in the game for trinkets but as soon a thing is sorta strong for a ret the devs just go "nope none of that"

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    We are below mediocre , which is good.
    Which means no nerfs.
    Which means we're pretty decent, pretty balanced and overall pretty.
    I've really missed the cynical and sarcastic Storm this expansion. Not often you see that anymore. Always a sight for sore eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We need a +10% damage on ST to be competitive atm; like a +30% buff to TV or something similar . . . and we get nothing. Well I am gonna stick to prot and hope the DH officer is happy with his tiny Havoc buff and doesn't want to go Vengeance . . .
    You are in the midpack of melee dps. All melees except rogues and warriors are around you, unholy is a bit ahead too.

ToS is melee unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    You are in the midpack of melee dps. All melees except rogues and warriors are around you, unholy is a bit ahead too.

ToS is melee unfriendly.
    Yeah.

Mid-pack when people keep on dying due to our passive. Tell me where ret is again without it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We are at the bottom with a clear margin on the three single target fights in the raid, and that's with the boost from the Retribution passive which always has a much higher uptime in week one logs since there are a lot of messy kills.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I mean if Convergeance had stay unnerfed we would have been a top spec in NH. And then would scale horribly in the next tier. But we are already horrible so . . .
    thats the point, like they every tier nerf a trinket or tier set or weapon that is strong for ret, while leaving it alone for others for the reasons of "Ret would be strong and we can't have that, but don't worry bout that because utility!!" and then its just downhill over again till either not getting any buff or getting buffs on content that is long since farmed to death like HFC.

my point is that they just for once need to leave the stuff alone, like the day they did the convergeance nerf specifically for ret only even with no logs or proof that it was stupid strong but then went "ohh wait we can't be seen a bias so lets slightly tune it for others" which in the case of fury/ass/DH and more meant jack. The one hit hardest by the CoF nerf was ret and it happens every tier.
    Last edited by Dugna; 2017-06-27 at 12:45 PM.

I'd love to be near the top, but I just don't see that happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

ToS is melee unfriendly.
    Not really mid pack. We are dead last of all specs for the three single target encounters currently. Rogues, Death Knights, and Warrior all have specs that are massively ahead of Ret on the single target fights, with offspecs that are still ahead but by a smaller margin.

Then when you look at aoe and cleave fights they beat us there as well. We might beat some of their specs by a small margin, but their other specs are ahead of us by a larger margin.

The exception to this is windwalkers, who are more behind on aoe/cleave than they are ahead on single target so they needed the buffs they got. Maybe they need more, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Whomever did our mastery change for Legion needs to be fired, who would have thought what would make Ret gameplay more interesting *facepalms*
    They just wanted to complete our transition into "what exactly do we do with this spec?!?!?!"

First Cata turned us into a plate rogue with HolyPowerComboPoints..now Legion shifted us into being MoP Arms Warrior with Judgment of Colossal Smash style play of " if this isn't up on that thing you're hitting, prepare to do laughable numbers! "

I mean..did anybody else find the start of the xpac hilarious where every AOE pull was us just going in, throwing judgment..then all but a single mob in the pack laughing at us uncontrollably as our Mastery didn't even register as a stat against them! XD
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2017-06-28 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never did I think I'd see an expac with ret tailing so badly on ST. AoE, maybe. Not ST.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Sometimes i wonder if they should crack open a Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder book and understand what DPS paladins actually do <.<;;;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Sometimes i wonder if they should crack open a Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder book and understand what DPS paladins actually do <.<;;;
    We'd have two healing specs if they did that knowing how Blizzard works.
    Last edited by Sett; 2017-07-27 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    There is a reason not to be the bottom
    There will always be specs at the bottom. I see no reason why it shouldnt be ret.

Deleted
    No worries. They will tune us. After all its one of the most pop dps specs in game

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    You're not the bottom spec, yet you pitch a fit when the actual bottom specs get buffs before you do. I'm a Hunter, yet you don't seem me rightfully complaining that as a pure DPS class, we don't have a single spec in the top 5. And we are getting beat out by two multi role classes, Unholy DK and Shadow Priests, AND all 3 of our specs are getting beat by 2 out of the 3 Rogue specs.
    lol
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90
    thats over all, here is a single target fight.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=2032

First of all, MM/BM are doing far far better than ret. Second, there's no hybrid tax in wow. They got rid of it because they realized it was retarded. A spec is a spec. "Most" everyone has 3 and the goal is that they are all equally viable at what they do. (I think were all aware Blizzard is never going to pull this off, but that's the goal) For disclaimer I don't even have a paladin, I just thought your post was hilarious.
    Last edited by patrins; 2017-06-28 at 08:46 AM.