Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I would call it one xpac with MoP trying to rectify it.
    or to put it back in an even block of 10.

I wonder how they will handle alts now because even thinking of 0-120 is insane

10+ Year Old Account
    either they make 110 the level cap or make another ilvl nerf, the lag this expac has been epic for everyone with a low to medium range computer, the computing process of the health/damage is almost out of proportion for the 15 year old engine WoW uses, it simply can´t stand more computing numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    I wonder how they will handle alts now because even thinking of 0-120 is insane
    it´s very likely they´ll make the upgrade to 100 free for every alt. if they add another 10 levels, every gamer friend I know never wants to try wow because of how many levels there are.
    I think blizzard know this.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    OP - no it isn't confirmed.

Taking comments out of context is how rumours get started, and how people start whinging about how Blizzard lied etc.

The quote is a comment about Legendary item use in Legion, that's it. Nothing else.
    Yes because legion has levels 119-120 in it. /s

I am not taking anything out of context here either, they were discussing why they won't allow you to equip all legendaries in legion, and that reason has NOTHING to do with legion. It has to do with leveling in the next xpac.
    Last edited by maxiixam; 2017-06-27 at 12:54 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Leveling feels so pointless nowadays, especially now that stuff scales and it's not like you even get new spells or augments to spells as you level 100-110, just a flashy graphic, sound and the game telling you grats. The zones may have been nice and all, but compared to other expacs, Legion's leveling has been in and of itself the most unrewarding experience...well, unless you count the satisfaction of the final level and knowing it's all over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiixam View Post
    Wasnt the original limit 255? or something close to 255?
    Yes, vanilla release of wow had 255 as max possible value for player level. One of my first memories of wow is soloing ragnaros in front of dark portal, as lvl 255 fire mage.

Wasnt the original limit 255? or something close to 255?
    Yes. AFAIK the max possible lvl is still set at 255 as the level is stored as uint8 (2^8 - 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    According to Blizzard that's what boosts are for, so you can skip most of the leveling process if you want to. For a price of course.
    How is that even a real reason? The boost costs like $60. Even if it was cheap, they shouldn't be using a paid service as an excuse. 1-120 is insane and just not viable for motivating newbies to play the game long enough to make it to end-game.

Also, of given the choice of playing any new game do you go for a "level 230 boost" or start from level 1? Of course you choose to start from scratch and level 1. De facto: newbies will have a hard time.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's incorrect. The comment is about Legendary item use post-Legion.
    Incorrect, the post was about the use of >2 legendaries in the gap before the next expansion is released, with explanation as to why they DON'T want to have them available once the next expansion drops.

"It’s not really something that the game needs one way or the other, but it would be cool. We’ve also talked about (mostly jokingly) about removing the Legion Legendary limit entirely in the week(s) before 8.0 launch"

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because legion has levels 119-120 in it. /s
    But that has NOT been confirmed to be the case anywhere yet.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-06-27 at 02:37 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I mean, we DID have two xpac's at 5 lvls each. Just saying.
    And it was just slower levels, less fun, no one liked it, the second 5lvl xpack was just to round up the levels so we can keep going by jumps of 10 cuz it makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Since when are levels 119 and 120 part of Legion?
    It isn't ... we have no idea what 119 and 120 are part of, given there hasn't been any confirmation of them.

I suggest you re-read the original blue post, then come back when you are less confused.

There is a part where they said "we thought of doing this" <-- legion
    There is a part where we said "we couldn't do this bit" <-- not legion, not reality, not even a dream or a concept. Literally NIL.

We are talking about the part they thought of doing, not the part they said wouldn't work at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It's not epic. It's a meaningless number at this point. Leveling in WoW at this point is basically a 10 hour chore to get to the content that actually matters.
    ^ I never understood this mindset. I would rather play through the story doing quest and leveling than running the same dungeons and raids at max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    According to Blizzard that's what boosts are for, so you can skip most of the leveling process if you want to. For a price of course.
    Yeah sure... it's what i use myself because 120 levels is daunting. But new players? They are just scaring them away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    But since the introduction of Heirloom level up items they can simply introduce an item which allow an item that already hit level cap from the existing previous expansion to the latest one.

Right now they are introducing item level bump not tied raid or dungeon implemented to legendaries. They can simply increase the number of legendaries one character can equip.

Or since they introduced titan forging we can simply extract titan essence from strong major lore enemies like Sargeras or imbue it to our chosen legendary items.

What blizzcan do is increase character level by 2 for every succeeding xpac. The next xpac boss will around 115. Next is char 114 and raid boss will be 117. 116 with 119,118 with 121 and 120 with 123.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-06-27 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Incorrect, the post was about the use of >2 legendaries in the gap before the next expansion is released, with explanation as to why they DON'T want to have them available once the next expansion drops.

"It’s not really something that the game needs one way or the other, but it would be cool. We’ve also talked about (mostly jokingly) about removing the Legion Legendary limit entirely in the week(s) before 8.0 launch"

- - - Updated - - -

But that has NOT been confirmed to be the case anywhere yet.
    Don't you think by acknowledging and talking about levels 119 and 120 in regards to how legendaries will turn off is in fact confirming that they exist?

The level you are doesn't mean anything, they can make any linear progression curve in power between any two points they desire... they could let you level 10, 5 or 50 levels and use all the same power curves (just adapted for the x amount of levels)..