Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    That moment when your in a PVP battle and your the only one healing while your other healer is busy dpsing and someone goes "thanks for the heals" and the other healer says "your welcome"... so fucking triggered right now. No no don't heal while the whole team is on my ass.
    I had a pvp match with 1 single lone healer in the entire Alliance and we had about 10 tanks. We were easily destroyed whenever the other teams swarmed over us like a flood of ants. I told the red mages they were on healing duty, but it just wasn't enough!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Any ideas what music played during very last Quest before moving out from Azim Steppe to northern Yanxia?

I tried to check Unending Journey, but apparently it isn't recorded there.

Edit: Found video about it, https://youtu.be/3HGGQPz58Go?t=14m15s. Does this exist as music roll in-game?
    Not sure if it is yet, but I'm sure it will be soon enough. I'm not sure we have a full list of Orchestrion rolls added in Stormblood yet.

That's a fairly major song used, though, so I'm sure it will be available and it will be a nice one to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Not sure if it is yet, but I'm sure it will be soon enough. I'm not sure we have a full list of Orchestrion rolls added in Stormblood yet.
    Mm, if it's not - it could be drop from Aquapolis 2.0, which comes soon.

Already got one full party -map in bag.

Mm, if it's not - it could be drop from Aquapolis 2.0, which comes soon.

Already got one full party -map in bag.
    Weirdly enough I'm really hyped for Aquapolis 2.0.

By the way has anyone found some interesting places that could possibly be used for POTD 2.0? I remember Yoshi-P telling players that they should be on the look out as the area you enter from will be in from the start. Myself I'd say it's probably in the Loch as there's that set of ruins in the northwest corner that is littered with specters and we saw the very same area in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    As per usual i get the feeling Trials are overtuned for your average joe. I hate having such roadblocks when they lock everything behind them, such as new zones, side quests, etc
    I think it seems that way because people aren't overgearing them like mad the way they were late in HW. You still have a lot of folks who are new to them, doing them in gear barely meeting what's needed. I didn't enjoy them myself, cos latency and a general dislike for that sort of thing anyways, but just keep at it. You'll get through.

Any ideas what music played during very last Quest before moving out from Azim Steppe to northern Yanxia?

I tried to check Unending Journey, but apparently it isn't recorded there.

Edit: Found video about it, https://youtu.be/3HGGQPz58Go?t=14m15s. Does this exist as music roll in-game?
    I dunno if we'll get that version, but that's actually in Revolutions, the SB theme - and we definitely should get that later on.

https://youtu.be/UmQm76wFfKk?t=3m5s
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I dunno if we'll get that version, but that's actually in Revolutions, the SB theme - and we definitely should get that later on.
    Mm, yeah - I'd just love to have that version in my house.

Would be nice if you could try the songs before purchasing, there is bunch of rolls in MB but some of them are somewhat high on cost.

"Alright, Star is up and ready to explode for emergency heal.. think I'll DPS a bit.."
    *Tank drops in health and just before exploding Star moves out of it*

"Noob healer!"
    The amount of times i've seen this shit and had to turn into a vercure or worse verraise turret in the current expert roullette is crazy. More than once i've got a "thank you, these tanks do not know how healers changed" message.

Honestly its kind of nice to be RDM and have the good ole FF ability to heal and help out the healer if shit gets real bad.

So got my Susano weapon last night. Proceeded to join a Lakshmi learning party to see the fight. Our group had 3/8 who never watched a video and we got it down in 5 tries. (would have been less if I wasn't terrible, because seriously fuck I ALWAYS forget about 3rd action buttons). I still have to kill her a few more times to get my accessories though. Someone was running ACT in the Susano party and apparently I was doing 1700 dps as MT. OT was only doing 1300! I don't know if any of these values are actually any good at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I like the idea of Flash in the game, a flash of holy light that temporarily blinds enemies and infuriates them, drawing their ire so they attack you. The problem for me is the visual and audio effect are so unsatisfying, coupled with no damage just makes it feel so...uncool. Changing the visual and sound effect to something more visceral, or at least more fun to see, would be cool. I'd take a page out of the WoW Paladin book and make Shield Throw an AoE type ability like Avenger's Shield that allows your shield to ricochet off multiple targets. Base version doesn't cost anything, but maybe you could supercharge it with your Oath Meter or something to make it ricochet. And/or, make it so your shield explodes with holy light/ power when it gets thrown acting like an AoE ranged pull, similar to how Dark Knights Abyssal Drain works.

Either of those would be more visually and audibly satisfying than a wimpy hand wave with a tiny firecracker pop.

Another option would be to just make Circle of Scorn actually worth a damn both threat and damage wise and remove Flash altogether...just lower CoS cooldown a little bit, or make it so impactful that the current cooldown is sufficient.

All of this coupled with the new role ability, Ultimatum, makes AoE threat something you shouldn't need to work THAT hard for. Playing should just be fun...and Flash is decidedly NOT fun.
    How about this, what if Flash was a button that "empowered" your next ability. You surge with light, empowering your next action and generates additional enmity (not all moves can be empowered). I'd make it cost a little more MP in this case. If you empowered Shield lob it'd bounce around like Avengers shield and silence. Shield Swipe could maybe hit twice, and hard and regenerate some MP or TP. Empowered Requescat could make your Holy Spirits AOE. Maybe empowered Total Eclipse could reduce the cooldown of Circle of Scorn by like 3s. Maybe Spirits Within turns into a line AOE ala MCH/BRD LB.

Just spitballing. I can get on board with Flash being a press before buff that makes a non-damaging GCD worthwhile.

Every time I go into Ex roulette as AST, there's always this one ranged who stands 0.5 meters outside of my Earthly Star, proceeds to take damage and refuses to walk in for heal explosion. Why people, why must you make my job harder.
    Real talk, I have no idea what that ability did so thanks lol. If I was in a dungeon and a healer told me about it I'd appreciate that just saying. Maybe they don't know? I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    As per usual i get the feeling Trials are overtuned for your average joe. I hate having such roadblocks when they lock everything behind them, such as new zones, side quests, etc
    The story primals? I don't think I saw a single person die or wipe during them when I did them, except for the final one, which I don't thin you're referencing.

Deleted
    Really dont know what to do once i've done NIN to 70. Do i level another class to 70 or do Bot and cooking 8) - Was thinking of doing a healer, either AST or SCH. Prob AST cause the spells look so sweet!

WAR still tempting too - Trouble when u can do everything on one char ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Real talk, I have no idea what that ability did so thanks lol. If I was in a dungeon and a healer told me about it I'd appreciate that just saying. Maybe they don't know? I didn't.
    Hehe, maybe. It's very potent AoE heal that takes a while to set-up for maximum healing output. There's glowing "ball" in middle of it, while smaller stars keep spinning around it. Middle star starts as small, but after 10 seconds grow into noticeable larger one. Which automatically explodes after 10 seconds, or you can trigger it yourself before that.

I've been trying to memorize fights where AoE damage happens and pop it a bit over 10 seconds before it around the area where I expect party to stack.

Deleted
    ah i noticed that today, wondering wtf the bosses where doing surrounded by stars ;p

Good King Moggle Mog...i don't know what to say after that. It's like Final Fantasy VI and The Nightmare before Christmas spawned some horrible yet beautiful love child.

I know i am years late to the party here, but they really do put a lot of effort into the leveling and dungeon content in this game.

Hehe, maybe. It's very potent AoE heal that takes a while to set-up for maximum healing output. There's glowing "ball" in middle of it, while smaller stars keep spinning around it. Middle star starts as small, but after 10 seconds grow into noticeable larger one. Which automatically explodes after 10 seconds, or you can trigger it yourself before that.

I've been trying to memorize fights where AoE damage happens and pop it a bit over 10 seconds before it around the area where I expect party to stack.
    Now I feel like I've seen the graphic before, but I have all others effects turned off. Does it still show under that circumstance? Better question does my Passage of Arms show to others with effects off?

So got my Susano weapon last night. Proceeded to join a Lakshmi learning party to see the fight. Our group had 3/8 who never watched a video and we got it down in 5 tries. (would have been less if I wasn't terrible, because seriously fuck I ALWAYS forget about 3rd action buttons). I still have to kill her a few more times to get my accessories though. Someone was running ACT in the Susano party and apparently I was doing 1700 dps as MT. OT was only doing 1300! I don't know if any of these values are actually any good at the moment.
    Lakshmi is weird insofar that there is a large downtime segment and the opening of the fight delays the initial burst significantly, so DPS values tank during those points. 1700ish was where our MT was at. 1300 is REALLY bad though. For comparison, I was OT on my WAR last night doing between 2400-2600.

Between the two though, I greatly prefer Susano. I feel like you can massively screw up Lakshmi and it doesn't even really matter.

The story primals? I don't think I saw a single person die or wipe during them when I did them, except for the final one, which I don't thin you're referencing.
    You never saw a single person die the first time they hit Lakshmi with nobody having a clue wtf is going on? Not one single person die? Seriously?

These sort of claims that every fight in the game has not one single mechanic that anyone can die to going in completely blind makes me doubt your posts on a frequent basis, Wreck. I'm not saying the story trials are particularly hard, but 8 people with no idea what means what and not one single person will ever die is really pushing my believability.

Unless you didn't get through until your first time included people on their trial roulettes or knowing what's going on.

Heck, I even had a minor derp and died on Susanoo during a trial run (though latency may have played a part, I swear those lighting rings had gone away before I started running back through where they were). I've seen others die on the fight here and there too, usually later in the fight when the lighting rings and the parting tides overlap a bit and people don't entirely know how the parting tides work.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-27 at 02:38 PM.

How about this, what if Flash was a button that "empowered" your next ability. You surge with light, empowering your next action and generates additional enmity (not all moves can be empowered). I'd make it cost a little more MP in this case. If you empowered Shield lob it'd bounce around like Avengers shield and silence. Shield Swipe could maybe hit twice, and hard and regenerate some MP or TP. Empowered Requescat could make your Holy Spirits AOE. Maybe empowered Total Eclipse could reduce the cooldown of Circle of Scorn by like 3s. Maybe Spirits Within turns into a line AOE ala MCH/BRD LB.

Just spitballing. I can get on board with Flash being a press before buff that makes a non-damaging GCD worthwhile.
    While I like the idea, the Dark Knight ability Dark Arts works exactly like this, as a press before button to empower the next ability that CAN be empowered, and I'd rather not duplicate an ability. What if it was a cool down ability that simply empowered the player, adding a chance when attacked for enemies to be blinded and increase their enmity towards you for the next X seconds. I'd rather have something more active, but this would jive with the whole defensive Holy Knight archetype. What about something like WoW Paladin Consecrate? Could either be an instant ground based holy explosion type thing that added enmity or a temporary ground effect that was just kind of an aura that increased enmity and added blind while enemies were in it.

A relatively simple fix for it would be to just make the animation and sound effect more satisfying, give it more OOMPH. The explosion from Holy would be awesome, not the whole spell just the big holy explosion of light at the end of it. I like what Flash does from a mechanics stand point, my main issue is that it juts looks and feels so weak and unsatisfying to use. Especially when compared to the Warrior and Dark Knight equivalents Overpower and Abyssal Drain and previously, Unleash.

You never saw a single person die the first time they hit Lakshmi with nobody having a clue wtf is going on? Not one single person die? Seriously?

These sort of claims that every fight in the game has not one single mechanic that anyone can die to going in completely blind makes me doubt your posts on a frequent basis, Wreck. I'm not saying the story trials are particularly hard, but 8 people with no idea what means what and not one single person will ever die is really pushing my believability.

Unless you didn't get through until your first time included people on their trial roulettes or knowing what's going on.

Heck, I even had a minor derp and died on Susanoo during a trial run (though latency may have played a part, I swear those lighting rings had gone away before I started running back through where they were). I've seen others die on the fight here and there too, usually later in the fight when the lighting rings and the parting tides overlap a bit and people don't entirely know how the parting tides work.
    I didn't see any deaths on lakshmi, but in normal you can pretty much spam vrill the energy regens fast enough, susanoo on the other hand is simply a case of 'not moving out the shit'. I dont know why people think its overtuned when its basically titan hard mode in terms of what you the player are doing.

But anyone who was around for ARR remember titan HM was a wall for a lot of people till they bothered to learn the waltz

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I didn't see any deaths on lakshmi, but in normal you can pretty much spam vrill the energy regens fast enough, susanoo on the other hand is simply a case of 'not moving out the shit'. I dont know why people think its overtuned when its basically titan hard mode in terms of what you the player are doing.

But anyone who was around for ARR remember titan HM was a wall for a lot of people till they bothered to learn the waltz
    Once you understand the basic mechanics of the fight yes; but the very first time you did it, did you know for a fact that the floating orbs on the Lakshmi fight weren't actually bombs or something? When they first spawned, I moved away from them and I saw many others in my DF group do the same, but figured it out shortly after. A few people didn't figure it out though and enough people died that eventually we wiped. We got it on the second time through - though I did have to rez 1 healer something like 6 times between both pulls because they NEVER stepped into an orb, even after myself and a couple others figured it out and said in party chat that the orbs were actually helpful. There were a couple other people that tunneled the boss and died for the same reason - not to mention that one melee who instead of using one of the two orbs RIGHT BESIDE HIM decided to run to the back with the ranged and healers to try to take one of our orbs... MNK PLZ.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Once you understand the basic mechanics of the fight yes; but the very first time you did it, did you know for a fact that the floating orbs on the Lakshmi fight weren't actually bombs or something? When they first spawned, I moved away from them and I saw many others in my DF group do the same, but figured it out shortly after. A few people didn't figure it out though and enough people died that eventually we wiped. We got it on the second time through - though I did have to rez 1 healer something like 6 times between both pulls because they NEVER stepped into an orb, even after myself and a couple others figured it out and said in party chat that the orbs were actually helpful. There were a couple other people that tunneled the boss and died for the same reason - not to mention that one melee who instead of using one of the two orbs RIGHT BESIDE HIM decided to run to the back with the ranged and healers to try to take one of our orbs... MNK PLZ.
    Yeah its just trial and error 'that didnt explode so maybe we are meant to eat them to stop something? oh look that filled the vrill meter, that must be what you have to run to to collect more and avoid on the floor hazards' it took two spawns of them to figure that out. Its really not hard, theres only really two options. Touch it or dont. If nothing happens when you dont its basic logic that something must happen when you do. Thats just a mechanic to figure out. Overtuning implies things like damage being too high for the baseline expected player stats and skill level and i dont think anyone can run lakshmi normal and say its anything more than a 'drop the thing away from everyone' tutorial.

- - - Updated - - -

So i just did the lvl70 MIN quest after a breezy 6 hour trip from 60-70 and i think its bugged. The quest says go to the peaks and get 5 high quality pummelite from the timed rare node. I got 5 pieces, only one high quality and yet that let me finish the quest when it says 5 high quality. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Lakshmi is weird insofar that there is a large downtime segment and the opening of the fight delays the initial burst significantly, so DPS values tank during those points. 1700ish was where our MT was at. 1300 is REALLY bad though. For comparison, I was OT on my WAR last night doing between 2400-2600.

Between the two though, I greatly prefer Susano. I feel like you can massively screw up Lakshmi and it doesn't even really matter.
    I did 1700 on Susano EX, not Lakshmi. My fault for hippty hopping around in the post.

I mean I didn't die. No one in my party died when I did it for the story. I do my trial roulette every day and I don't think I've seen someone die yet. I'm just saying that, it's really hard to die in these fights. You have to deliberately not move or eat 2-3 mechanics simultaneously because no singular mechanic really kills you.

Lakshmi was so completely forgettable that when I went to EX I didn't remember a single mechanic she did besides her ultimate.

I mean hell, in a pug learning party we killed Lakshmi EX in 5 pulls. That has to say something. It could have been 3 if I wasn't a terrible player and forgot to use my action button twice...

Now of course please understand that I'm exaggerating a little bit. I'm not stupid enough to blanket it as always and mean it. I'm just saying that its incredibly difficult to die. You actually have to try to do it. You have to look at the ground telegraphs see 2-3 of them stacked and go stand in it to die. 1 doesn't kill you. Hell, 2 won't even kill you most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    While I like the idea, the Dark Knight ability Dark Arts works exactly like this, as a press before button to empower the next ability that CAN be empowered, and I'd rather not duplicate an ability. What if it was a cool down ability that simply empowered the player, adding a chance when attacked for enemies to be blinded and increase their enmity towards you for the next X seconds. I'd rather have something more active, but this would jive with the whole defensive Holy Knight archetype. What about something like WoW Paladin Consecrate? Could either be an instant ground based holy explosion type thing that added enmity or a temporary ground effect that was just kind of an aura that increased enmity and added blind while enemies were in it.

A relatively simple fix for it would be to just make the animation and sound effect more satisfying, give it more OOMPH. The explosion from Holy would be awesome, not the whole spell just the big holy explosion of light at the end of it. I like what Flash does from a mechanics stand point, my main issue is that it juts looks and feels so weak and unsatisfying to use. Especially when compared to the Warrior and Dark Knight equivalents Overpower and Abyssal Drain and previously, Unleash.
    Fuck. I had no idea honestly that's how DA worked. Well shit. I had thought about a consecration effect once before, but didn't want to draw from WoW if I could avoid it, but now that my DA idea is out I'm out of ideas.