Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Sometimes BS gets retracted though.
    Fixed for the topic.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Libs fired another blank at Trump, eh? Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Fixed for the topic.
    Understandable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Stop reading junk websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't really know how these things go, but I thought they quit instead?

"In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignations of the employees involved in the story's publication," CNN said in a statement.
    Companies will usually ask employees to honorably resign over downright fire them for multiple reasons, including allowing the employee to avoid a firing on their resume, severance packages are usually cheaper than the company dealing with unemployment, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Just a reminder: The only "news" organization that argued, IN COURT and UNDER OATH, that they have the right to "report" fake news is...

Drumroll please...

Fox News.
    Umm... I fail to see what any of this has to do with Fox News? Did I miss a section discussing Fox News in the OP? Just because Fox News is shit doesn't mean CNN can't be just as shitty.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-06-27 at 01:13 PM.

i mean its pretty obvious for non liberals that the left leaning american media has a clear goal to go after trump whenever possible, this russia hoax is a hoax indeed as said by this CNN employee

It's great that the leadership of CNN actually refused to give a statement on this story to their own reporters.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Wake me when Fox and Breitbart a) acknowledge and b) address issues related to their fake reporting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    i mean its pretty obvious for non liberals that the left leaning american media has a clear goal to go after trump whenever possible, this russia hoax is a hoax indeed as said by this CNN employee
    Every big media outlet is politically biased. Shall we point fingers at the others too?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Every big media outlet is politically biased. Shall we point fingers at the others too?
    we have 6 liberals channels and 1 conservative ( not even talking about papers), is it safe to say that the media overall is left wing biased?
    especially on social issues.
    and btw unlike CNN fox never actually pretended so be neutral, so we cant judge them by the same principles.

7+ Year Old Account
    (NEW YORK) -- Project Veritas has released a video of CNN Producer John Bonifield who was caught on hidden-camera admitting that there is no proof to CNN's Russia narrative.

"I mean, it's mostly bullshit right now," Bonifield says. "Like, we don't have any giant proof."

He confirms that the driving factor at CNN is ratings:

"It's a business, people are like the media has an ethical phssssss... All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school you're just like, that's adorable. That's adorable. This is a business."

According to the CNN Producer, business is booming. "Trump is good for business right now," he concluded.

Bonifield further goes on to explain that the instructions come straight from the top, citing the CEO, Jeff Zucker:

"Just to give you some context, President Trump pulled out of the climate accords and for a day and a half we covered the climate accords. And the CEO of CNN (Jeff Zucker) said in our internal meeting, he said good job everybody covering the climate accords, but we're done with that, let's get back to Russia."

Bonifield also acknowledged: "I haven't seen any good enough evidence to show that the President committed a crime." He continues:

"I just feel like they don't really have it but they want to keep digging. And so I think the President is probably right to say, like, look you are witch hunting me. You have no smoking gun, you have no real proof."

"To report not on facts, but instead on narratives that yield high ratings, is exactly the definition of fake news," said James O'Keefe. "We said we are going after the media, and there is a lot more to come."

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

I see many claims in that few words you just wrote but nothing to support any claims
    I got it from an anonymous source.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    we have 6 liberals channels and 1 conservative ( not even talking about papers), is it safe to say that the media overall is left wing biased?
    especially on social issues.
    and btw unlike CNN fox never actually pretended so be neutral, so we cant judge them by the same principles.
    both , well all outlets have shows where they spin. and both are suppose to have. strictly news shows. take the spin shows with a grain of salt. on BOTH sides, what u get on the news side, is one side may skip., or omit stuff to lean a direction. personally on that front, i see Fox news shows doing a better job of at least reporting, the others will just flat out ignore it. hence why many are brain washed into thinking the liberal channels would never lie. is omitting truth a lie? i was taught it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    So, what's a real news site?

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to troll. If CNN, The New York Times, MSNBC, and Washington Post are "fake", what's real?
    Any news outlet that works for your agenda/world view. Its been like this since "Iraq has WMDs - More later on Fox News", probably before even.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Any news outlet that works for your agenda/world view. Its been like this since "Iraq has WMDs - More later on Fox News", probably before even.
    The entire corporate media is pro-war. Even the NY Times pushed for the invasion of Iraq. Just look at how they all salivated when they thought there might be an escalation in Syria. Just look at how hard they pushed that shady chemical weapons story.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    But, but, but Russia tampered with the 2016 presidential election because thats what TV keeps telling me and TV never lies.
    Best post in this thread.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Three CNN employees have resigned in the wake of the news outlet's retracted Russia story.

Thomas Frank, the reporter who wrote the story; Eric Lichtblau, who recently joined CNN from the New York Times; and CNN Investigates executive editor Lex Haris have left the news outlet. The Washington Post first reported the resignations, which a CNN source confirmed to BuzzFeed News.

"In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignations of the employees involved in the story's publication," CNN said in a statement.

The deleted story, which cited a single unnamed source, claimed that the Senate Intelligence Committee was eyeing a "$10 billion Russian investment fund whose chief executive met with a member of President Donald Trump's transition team four days before Trump's inauguration."

The story, written by investigative reporter Frank, was posted on Thursday and deleted late Friday. More than an hour after BuzzFeed News contacted CNN about the deletion, an editor's note appeared on CNN website saying that the story "did not meet CNN's editorial standards and has been retracted."

The note also apologized to Anthony Scaramucci, a member of Trump's orbit who had been named in the story (and who later tweeted that the apology was accepted).

The retraction sent CNN scrambling to deal with the fallout over the weekend, even within parts of the news operation that weren't involved in the retracted report. On Saturday, CNNMoney executive editor Rich Barbieri sent a note to staffers saying that nobody should publish any content involving Russia without coming first to him and another CNN vice president, according to the email, which was obtained by BuzzFeed News.

Sources close to the network said that CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker was involved with the internal investigation into the story's handling.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stevenperlb...ND4#.bmk6YyopJ

They need to site their sources before they post news!
    And will Trump have the same moral courage and resign over all of his lies? Or are journalists held to a higher standard than the President?

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Pretty good example of why CNN isn't fake news since if they were, they wouldn't bother to retract it or fire anyone.
    They have to, to protect an image and make one. This doesnt prove CNN isn't fake, it just proves if you get caught we will not cover you.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The entire corporate media is pro-war. Even the NY Times pushed for the invasion of Iraq. Just look at how they all salivated when they thought there might be an escalation in Syria. Just look at how hard they pushed that shady chemical weapons story.
    Heh... remember when all the big news agencies were continuously referencing and changing this bad boy (usually for no reason at all)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Heh... remember when all the big news agencies were continuously referencing and changing this bad boy (usually for no reason at all)?

Wouldn't it be the Homeland security team changing it randomly?