Poll: What would you choose for the Artifact system?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Artifact System will NOT go away.

It will exist one of way or another. I can be paragon levels after level cap(maybe for the sake of keeping the skills), it can be a trinket instead of weapon next expansion or like honor talent system etc.

They invested too much into it, so they won't go "alright screw this".

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I don't know about you, but the portal taking the exact shape of Argus with all floating rocks and particles seems very unlikely to me.

It looks way more like he just ported the planet itself.
    The rift is way bigger than either planet. That's why we can't see the edges in the sky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Also, if we kill or defeat Sargeras who is going to be the new baddie? Old gods/Titans expac confirmed for 8.0?
    your mom ofc, who else?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I don't know about you, but the portal taking the exact shape of Argus with all floating rocks and particles seems very unlikely to me.

It looks way more like he just ported the planet itself.
    basically it looked like he opened a portal about as far away as our moon is, but about the size of an actual planet, and anchored it so it would always be in x spot relative to azeroth so it rotates with the planet itself, thus giving the illusion that argus is always in one single spot
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Earth View Post
    Implying farming hours a time per day to put 1 point into your artifact weapon isn't boring
    Implying everyone farms AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Artifact System will NOT go away.

It will exist one of way or another. I can be paragon levels after level cap(maybe for the sake of keeping the skills), it can be a trinket instead of weapon next expansion or like honor talent system etc.

They invested too much into it, so they won't go "alright screw this".
    If it does not go away, i am immediately unsubbing. If any form of the TF/WF and current legendary system exists i am unsubbing immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    If any form of the TF/WF and current legendary system exists i am unsubbing immediately.
    Oh I know! Legendary items will go away, but they'll at the Legendary item effects to the tertiary stat slot on TF system!

If it does not go away, i am immediately unsubbing. If any form of the TF/WF and current legendary system exists i am unsubbing immediately.
    May as well go now. Bye. Because AP has been great for the game and it makes things a lot easier on them design wise. Add AP to activities so no matter what you gain in power. WF/TF isn't likely to go away either, since it means that even after months of farming a mythic raid you still have gear to hope for.

I don't mind not using our weapons indefinately. Normally a weapon you have from mythic raiding or even heroic in some cases will last you most if not all the way to the following level cap. So I can't say I am thrilled about switching over to some generic stat stick weapon like the ones you can buy from your order hall or something like that. Blizzard is in a spot where they can only lose here, no matter how they handle switching away from them the masses will be very unhappy that something they spend 2 years grinding away on is removed, even with them being told ahead of time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Yeah, the legendary system might go away.

Actually, now that I think of it, I like the idea of a talent system, then we have PvP talent system AND PvE talentsystem(with its XP system).

That could be cool alternative(i really don't think they will scracth all the work they put in AP talents/skills).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-27 at 02:35 PM.

Rip second pet.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Legion content revolves around our artifacts, so I doubt they'll just remove it all, maybe just reduce their power like with the WoD legendary rings.

I'm hoping for artifacts crafted by us next time, but I think it might be more realistic if we go back to the green weapon drops and such.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    A lot of Legion content revolves around our artifacts, so I doubt they'll just remove it all, maybe just reduce their power like with the WoD legendary rings.

I'm hoping for artifacts crafted by us next time, but I think it might be more realistic if we go back to the green weapon drops and such.
    which is a shame IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Also, if we kill or defeat Sargeras who is going to be the new baddie? Old gods/Titans expac confirmed for 8.0?
    Use the search function. All of this has been talked about many times - we don't really need another thread here on it.

As I said in another thread: 7.3 we will get our artifacts depowered or destroyed, lorewise, to end the final threat. In gameplay, nothing will change.

However, in 8.0, my guess is that:
    - Classes revamped, like in every expansion. That alone will make Artifacts mostly pointless.
    - Main Artifact skill removed.
    - Artifact skill tree is completely removed. All artifact power items become grey vendor items.
    - Artifacts keep existing and are still obtainable by new characters, but all the leveling aspect of them is removed (they are just stat sticks).
    - No new relics in new expansion, so Artifacts can't be further empowered. Relics will keep existing for Legion content, thought, so new characters may get them to improve any artifacts they get while leveling.
    - Unlocked artifact appearances become available for Transmog. Some appearances (basic, empowered and secret ones) may still be unlockable by new characters, but others (the raid, pvp and challenge ones), may be lost for anyone who didn't get them already.
    - Maybe introduce a quest or something else in which you leave your artifact in the care of your order, and you then receive a new weapon for the new expansion. Or not.

What system may come after Artifacts is anyone's guess. They may introduce new ones for a new expansion, but I doubt it. Maybe they create a paragon leveling mechanic, not tied to an item. Maybe they remove the system for good. But you can be sure the current artifacts won't carry over to next expansion.

Deleted
    I bet the artifact weapons get sucked empty from illidan to kill Sargeras