Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Nikki Haley, Who’s Against Gay Marriage, Was Booed at New York’s Pride Parade

Nikki Haley, Who’s Against Gay Marriage, Says She Was Booed at New York’s Pride Parade for Some Reason

United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley was apparently in New York City this weekend, and according to her Twitter feed, marchers in the city’s annual Pride parade weren’t very welcoming. On Sunday evening, Haley tweeted that she and her son were “booed by patrons saying hateful things as we left lunch @ Pride Parade,” although it was unclear where she was dining along the parade route.

As governor of South Carolina, Haley wasn’t exactly pro-LGBTQ — in November 2013, she opposed a federal lawsuit challenging the state’s same-sex marriage ban.

“The citizens of South Carolina spoke … they spoke something that I, too, believe, which is marriage should between a man and a woman,” she said at the time. “I’m going to stand by the people of this state, stand by the Constitution, I’m going to support it and fight for it every step of the way.”

Her rebuttal to President Obama’s State of the Union address was a little more measured, but it stopped well short of endorsing LGBTQ rights; in it, Haley said a Republican president would “respect differences in modern families, but … would also insist on respect for religious liberty as a cornerstone of our democracy.”

Maybe the marchers had kept up with Haley’s personal views, or maybe they just didn’t like the guy she works for.

Snowflake Haley should stop whining and get over it.

Semi famous person does something to get noted. More news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Semi famous person does something to get noted. More news at 11.
    Is this coy?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Is this coy?
    Might be? I was going for vaguely sarcastic but I fear I might of missed the mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be? I was going for vaguely sarcastic but I fear I might of missed the mark.
    I have much to teach you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so what?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

People in a position of privilege who work to deny equality to others should get the fuck over the fact they may get booed from time to time, or else change their ways.

Because denying people equality isn't hateful if you declare it divinely sanctioned.

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.

Is some random politician really recognizable enough to get booed by equally random people on the street? Or is this just a case of some dipshit jumping at an opportunity to bash the intolerant libruls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Is some random politician really recognizable enough to get booed by equally random people on the street? Or is this just a case of some dipshit jumping at an opportunity to bash the intolerant libruls?
    But he's not random, he's an outspoken homophobe and a homosexual parade. Yes, the people who try to legislate laws against you specifically, are often known and disliked by you.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But he's not random, he's an outspoken homophobe and a homosexual parade. Yes, the people who try to legislate laws against you specifically, are often known and disliked by you.
    Nikki is a man's name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nikki is a man's name?
    Who are we to judge his/her sexual self identification?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he expect them to shake hands or grapple his ass in approval?

Its been know for a while know that if you dont vote left you cant have pride in your sexuality.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Its been know for a while know that if you dont vote left you cant have pride in your sexuality.
    Or reading comprehension.

I'm sorry, what? Is preventing people from having the same rights as you part of being a proud heterosexual? I must have missed that memo.

Nice setup, could use some work, mr trolle.

In other news, person who is a jerk to a group, gets offended when that group is rude back to them. Reminds me of Alex Jones whining the other day how people need to respect his privacy (with respect to his custody battle), when he himself appears to have complete disregard for emotions or desires of anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Is preventing people from having the same rights as you part of being a proud heterosexual? I must have missed that memo.
    I'm sure they would have blocked this person even if they supported gay marriage, its gotten to that point already. The natrual inclination of humans to vilify those they don't agree with is strong in the pride crowd. Just look at whos banned from marching across the country. Wrong types of homosexuals have been excluded many times, its sad that tolerance just doesn't work.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I'm sure they would have blocked this person even if they supported gay marriage, its gotten to that point already. The natrual inclination of humans to vilify those they don't agree with is strong in the pride crowd. Just look at whos banned from marching across the country. Wrong types of homosexuals have been excluded many times, its sad that tolerance just doesn't work.
    Time to leave your basement kiddo and meet real people instead of letting 4chan form your world views.