Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    For all the rest - pugging is superior.
    You can't be serious. I refuse to believe that you truly think pugging a raid is better.

Half the time you get people who don't speak the same language, you get people who think spamming Chains of Ice is part of the Frost DK rotation, you get sub 500K in NH Heroic, people who will outright tunnel a boss and wipe the raid, but it's ok because they parsed high, right? you get a bunch of randoms telling you how to run the raid, tanks who don't know fights but got in because they were the only tank, people leaving constantly after a single wipe. Half the PUGs don't use DBM or Bigwigs.

Name some reasons why pugging is better other than being able to do it on your own time, because I'm still not sold on that idea. Most people who complain about not having time to raid consistently are always on the game playing anyway, it's more that people don't want to budget their time correctly and actually commit to something, not that they don't have time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They didn't have identity more than just who they were and what they do, just like now. Really, there wasn't any 'Wow-factor' of high end guilds other than what was told about them in posts and chests, which already can be done too. Identity is more than just being around, you have to add to it. Now, wearing a guild tabard adds identity, guild banner too. A guild base would be great. Now a days, we permit ourselves to spread out. We have people talk about guild identity, yet not long ago this forum was talking about being a member of multiple guilds at the same time - removes identity too.

The identity they had 'back in the days' they still have today, except that most players don't really care.
    Im not sure if you are trolling or not.

The game isnt anywhere close to what it was in terms of community. You used to know what guilds there was on the server, you could only join one if they thought you were an cool person to be with (personality, not many cared about achievements).

You pretty much had to be in a guild to find people to do shit with, help each other ect. Today the game might aswell be an offline Action RPG game with a dungeon mode where you can queue up for a dungeon with other solo player for a quick run. Might aswell dissable the chat function.

Yes guilds accually had an identity, you had rivals and were competing, outside of raids. Pvp battleground groups usually consisted of guild groups.
    Last edited by mmoc30fc4496f6; 2017-06-27 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Im not sure if you are trolling or not.
    Not trolling, speaking of experience.

The game isnt anywhere close to what it was in terms of community. You used to know what guilds there was on the server, you could only join one if they thought you were an cool person to be with (personality, not many cared about achievements).
    I didn't say it was close to what it was then with the community. Now a days you can as well know what guilds are on the server, and many still are weary on whom they invite. Not all guilds demand achievements either. And no, they weren't as exclusive as you picture them.

You pretty much had to be in a guild to find people to do shit with, help each other ect. Today the game might aswell be an offline Action RPG game with a dungeon mode where you can queue up for a dungeon with other solo player for a quick run. Might aswell dissable the chat function.
    You didn't have to find a guild but it was helpful/useful to be in one. There was guild alliances to make things easier, as well as helpful guilds that you could team up with - normally meant that you in the end became a member, weather you believed it or not. And your belief of no communication in the current game, I call bull on. At least again, by own experience.

Yes guilds accually had an identity, you had rivals and were competing, outside of raids. Pvp battleground groups usually consisted of guild groups.
    Guilds have the same level of identity now, as then. You still have guilds with rivals, and guilds competing outside of raids. You still have guild battleground groups, as well as 'guild wars' among some.

Then again, could be a question about what servers you have been a player on. Own experience stretches from the launch, and being home on 4 servers maximum. (1 US, and 3 EU)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    A guild's identity should be in how they are run. Everything else is just window dressing.

A run down house with fancy curtains is still a run down house. A well maintained house with basic curtains is still a fantastic place to call home.

I always liked he server first achievements. I say add them back in and have a hall of champions where the first guild to clear each mythic raid gets a permanent banner added with a plaque with guild name and date.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Guilds in vanilla and bc had identity because there was a server community where the guilds actions and achievements could bear a known reputation. That's gone now so they need something else.
    I agree with this.

I don't think perks/levels are a solution. Guild achievements were fun for a month, before they were all completed by the achievement mad guild members, but other than that they felt like things that would be better baseline.

I think the solution could be cross-realm guilds. Names are going to be a pain to work out, but being able to guild with your friends no matter the server would make a guild a social thing I want to be part of again.

I also think that tabards have had their day, they don't look right with our armour. Maybe flags or cloaks would be better with higher res images.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Something that has bothered me for a while is that Guilds lack any sense of identity in WoW. I'm talking in-game of course, not looking up guilds on external sites on Wow-progress.

The only sense of identity a guild has aside from its members and member ranks and the guild icon when you open the guild tab.... that's literally it. How utterly boring. Each of my toons are in a different guild and it doesn't even feel like they are, since there is ZERO guild identity in the game.

Since they removed guild levels, there hasn't been anything special about being in a guild to be honest.

I would love to see more focus on building a guild community next expansion. Something that makes each and every guild distinct and unique. Perhaps different guilds have the option of choosing a buff that members that that effect gameplay or something. Perhaps a zoned guild hangout lounge that is customizable and unique with building options.
    As someone in a 12 year-old, 550+ member guild, I couldn't disagree more. We absolutely have an identity, had one before guild levels and we have one still despite those levels being gone. We're known across both factions on our server and have alliances with people beyond it.

And the fact that its lasted 12 years without any leadership shakeups or huge drama-bombs... I'd say we're doing just fine without guild levels.

A guild is what the people make of it. That can be a bland and forgettable name over your head that comes and goes, or it can be something lasting and special. I'm proud that ours is the latter, not the former.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The first order of business imo is to let us join multiple guilds at the same time.
    But, wouldn't that be against the whole idea of guild identity as it seems people wish for?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Name some reasons why pugging is better other than being able to do it on your own time, because I'm still not sold on that idea.
    Faster progress, no schedule, don't have to follow anyone elses rules, don't have to listen to some boring scrub raidleader, freedom of leaving whenever without someone complaining/kicking you, freedom of picking the people you raid with and setting requirement for them, picking which bosses you want to do. You have much more control and freedom over your game time.

Guilds outside mythic are useless. Blizzard has worked hard to devalue them since Cata.
    They should read Bowling Alone and they should look into concepts like Dunbar's Number.
    "The community" is not actually a one huge entity. And huge entities don't work. Blizzard is yet to grasp that simple fact in their "modern" WoW design.
    Last edited by mmoc9972c24607; 2017-06-27 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You link one of your many archaic threads, this thread you even show with a massive support for guilds in the polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, only a handful of guilds are well known on a server.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    A guild's identity should be in how they are run. Everything else is just window dressing.

A run down house with fancy curtains is still a run down house. A well maintained house with basic curtains is still a fantastic place to call home.
    Beautiful said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You link one of your many archaic threads, this thread you even show with a massive support for guilds in the polls.
    Pools aren't everything. You can't trust the masses with crucial decisions. They will just crumble under pressure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    I agree, only a handful of guilds are well known on a server.
    Hard to have more than a handful of well known guilds when there is buckets and vats of 3-10 member guilds around. The well known have either died out slowly, or holding on because they keep getting people in from other dying guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Pools aren't everything. You can't trust the masses with crucial decisions. They will just crumble under pressure
    Except, you are campaigning for solo play in an MMO where solo play should be the least of your wishes but sadly, our world is watered down for people like into being alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The first order of business imo is to let us join multiple guilds at the same time.
    gotta disagree i think that's bad and just further breaks down guild identity, maybe some sort master guild alliance or something but just join multiple guilds.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    gotta disagree i think that's bad and just further breaks down guild identity, maybe some sort master guild alliance or something but just join multiple guilds.
    Maybe give some sort of rank or title in someone's name that's in a guild of a certain age. I'd love having one for my guild, been here for 10,5 years now
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    We should be able to get guild banners that attach to us, like the arena flags. and completing guild achievements/feats unlocks new items for the banner, new colours, icons, patterns etc. Like D3s banner system.
    Why not make a server / region wide guild leader board that resets every patch or so, and top guilds each patch get some cosmetic or pet reward? earn points by completing activities in guilds or something. Similar to how clans work in a lot of mobile games...

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    They could tie pvp in pretty easily as well.
    GvG RBGS and the weekly winners get their name + standard in the capital cities in their battle group.
    That would be really cool, increase some of the guild pride. We have a bit of it in PVE but on some servers you know who the top 2-3 guilds will be.

Don't you have a tabard and a bank and are helpful to newbies and are maybe gonna raid soon if you get a main tank?