Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    This is playing out similar to Poe's Law.

Trump is indeed involved in so many shady dealings, and in so many Russian dealings ("Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia." - Donald Trump Jr, 2008), that I'm not surprised that they got fooled into thinking that connection was real too.

Regardless, good that CNN took the right steps in retracting the story.

What I find funny is that idiotic Trump supporters thinks that because one story was wrong, all of them must be wrong. Yet, despite Trump being caught in lie after lie after lie, they still accept everything he says with complete credulity. /facepalm

Furthermore, when CNN demonstrates accountability, the idiotic Trump supporters are all over them. Yet, despite Trump refusing to take accountability for any of his missteps, they continue to fawn all over him. /doublefacepalm

Once again, I don't ask for much. But can we have at least have some intellectual honesty?

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    (NEW YORK) -- Project Veritas has released a video of CNN Producer John Bonifield who was caught on hidden-camera admitting that there is no proof to CNN's Russia narrative.

"I mean, it's mostly bullshit right now," Bonifield says. "Like, we don't have any giant proof."

He confirms that the driving factor at CNN is ratings:

"It's a business, people are like the media has an ethical phssssss... All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school you're just like, that's adorable. That's adorable. This is a business."

According to the CNN Producer, business is booming. "Trump is good for business right now," he concluded.

Bonifield further goes on to explain that the instructions come straight from the top, citing the CEO, Jeff Zucker:

"Just to give you some context, President Trump pulled out of the climate accords and for a day and a half we covered the climate accords. And the CEO of CNN (Jeff Zucker) said in our internal meeting, he said good job everybody covering the climate accords, but we're done with that, let's get back to Russia."

Bonifield also acknowledged: "I haven't seen any good enough evidence to show that the President committed a crime." He continues:

"I just feel like they don't really have it but they want to keep digging. And so I think the President is probably right to say, like, look you are witch hunting me. You have no smoking gun, you have no real proof."

"To report not on facts, but instead on narratives that yield high ratings, is exactly the definition of fake news," said James O'Keefe. "We said we are going after the media, and there is a lot more to come."
    Of course we already knew that. At least I hope we did.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-27 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    we have 6 liberals channels and 1 conservative ( not even talking about papers), is it safe to say that the media overall is left wing biased?
    especially on social issues.
    and btw unlike CNN fox never actually pretended so be neutral, so we cant judge them by the same principles.
    Fox News isn't conservative. Fox News is pretty much state-run media since they kiss Trump's butt every time he comes on there for an interview.

Trump isn't a true conservative, and its sad to see conservatives selling out in order to appease him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    we have 6 liberals channels and 1 conservative ( not even talking about papers), is it safe to say that the media overall is left wing biased?
    especially on social issues.
    and btw unlike CNN fox never actually pretended so be neutral, so we cant judge them by the same principles.
    That's relative.

Fox did make a completely unethical Seth Rich coverage that was beyond tasteless and fallacious.

Even for them, this was pretty low.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I got it from an anonymous source.
    Oh you think that's actually a smart answer?

You know how petty it looks when asked to provide some sort of evidence for stamements you are making and the only thing you can only be cheeky.

WHile we are at it do you even know what a anonymous source is? I got the impression that you think it can be Homer Simpson acting like a FBI agent who is leaking national security info.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    WHile we are at it do you even know what a anonymous source is? I got the impression that you think it can be Homer Simpson acting like a FBI agent who is leaking national security info.
    that's exactly what such a source can be.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    that's exactly what such a source can be.
    No it;s god dam not.

When newspapers report based on anonymous sources those people are verified and if you don't know this then please read a newspaper every now then since this is getting borderline sad, something like a BBC or Reuters and not fox and breitbart.

Nixon was taken down by anonymous source and he only got recently revealed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat_(Watergate)

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad truth is that Trump is good for media ratings. And the general populace is certainly not blameless. We want to see the car accident on the side of the road.

Also, anything published by O'Keefe should be highly scrutinized, and presumed to be highly misleading. Context matters, and we know for a fact that O'Keefe makes his own context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    #popcorntime
    Yeah, Russia narrative is definitely bullshit. Just ask the special council in charge of investigating the matter...
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    'CNN is fake news' has actually become a pretty influential meme in the public consciousness. I think you are conflating the representation with the meme itself, which is an incredibly contagious idea.

Isn't it fascinating that the corporate media, a monolithic entity that once held so much power in our society, is being destroyed by these memes? Perhaps this is happening because their power was built upon the lies of neoliberalism, the same ideology that has controlled both parties for decades in this country.

Face it, we need to tear down the old gatekeepers if we want to bring about changes in the institutions they guard like the financial system and the military industrial complex.
    Its tried and true repeat a lie enough people start to believe, and that start has worked WONDERS with the gop base.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Yeah, Russia narrative is definitely bullshit. Just ask the special council in charge of investigating the matter...
    How about that "special council" present some evidence for starters, you know, just like they do usually.
    Also, in case you missed it, this is done for ratings and to hurt the President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post

#popcorntime
    How dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    *sigh* 0 credibility yet some people still use his videos as evidence.
    0 evidence are given from the investigation team. When you accuse w/t providing the slightest of evidence, you definitely have a different agenda in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Context matters
    Context doesn't make things unsaid or not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No it;s god dam not.

When newspapers report based on anonymous sources those people are verified and if you don't know this then please read a newspaper every now then since this is getting borderline sad, something like a BBC or Reuters and not fox and breitbart.

Nixon was taken down by anonymous source and he only got recently revealed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat_(Watergate)
    Just like the anonymous source of the retracted article????

Where is all the evidence! Says the person that links a video by a person that is well known for falsifying evidence and misrepresenting the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    A lot of retractions from CNN lately. This, only the democrats praying for Scalise at the game when it was both teams, trump not visited Scalise when he actually did. I'm sure all news does this but it seems like a deliberate move to make a fake story and let it circulate for awhile before issuing a retraction later that usually gets less views/clicks.
    Totally this. They know how the game is played. Get the story out and set a narrative. Easier to ask forgiveness etc.

That they handed the retraction to buzzfeed was icing on the cake. The "news" entity that outright admits they publish first, check later.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    This means nothing, if you retract one thing outa a million lies, you will get x amount of sheeple figuring they "stand for something"...

CNN is still fake news.

This was just the tip of the iceberg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    CNN seems to get a lot of information from anonymous single sources.

I bet it's trump calling CNN headquarters trolling them!
    Could also just be Captain Janks. Seems like anyone can call in and be a mayor for one day on CNN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, hopefully all this fake news can stop and Trump can get back to MAGA.