Buff timing question

With short duration buffs such as the MM T20 "Casting two Aimed Shots in a row increases your critical strike damage by 8% for 6 sec.", do you need the buff on you when the shot is fired or does it still need to be on you when the shot hits the target? I stand at max range or near max range sometimes so shots have some travel time.

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know?

When the shot finishes, it'll calculate everything. Same goes for vulnerable; If the debuff is on the target when the shot leaves you, aimed will get the damage buff, even if the debuff falls off before the actual projectile hits the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    When the shot finishes, it'll calculate everything. Same goes for vulnerable; If the debuff is on the target when the shot leaves you, aimed will get the damage buff, even if the debuff falls off before the actual projectile hits the target.
    I don't think that this generally the case.

The crit dmg mod of TS for example. Casting Windburst and activating TS during the travel time leads Windburst to also receive the crit dmg modifier of TS. Maybe this is also the case for T20 2Set Bonus, so that the second aimed shot also gets the crit dmg bonus from the 2set already. But kinda hard to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    I don't think that this generally the case.

The crit dmg mod of TS for example. Casting Windburst and activating TS during the travel time leads Windburst to also receive the crit dmg modifier of TS. Maybe this is also the case for T20 2Set Bonus, so that the second aimed shot also gets the crit dmg bonus from the 2set already. But kinda hard to test it.
    It does the same for aimed shot, so it might just be with debuffs specifically. You can test it fairly easily; Just go to a dummy, max range it, get a LnL proc and fire it right before the debuff falls off. Projectile will hit after the debuff goes poof, but still get the damage buff. I can't test the tier bonus as I don't have it for my hunter yet (playing disc this tier), so eh.