Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nerf to the drop rate of Legendaries?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there seems to be a nerf to the drop rates of Legendaries.

Usually when I open a massive amount of Emissary Caches and Legionfall Recompenses.

I usually get 1 at the least in 100x Legionfall Recompenses and 1-2 in Emissary Caches.

Now it seems like I am getting 1 every 200x Legionfall Recompenses and not a single 1 in 150 Emissary Caches.

Anyone having the same issue?

Your math is suspicious. What do you mean 1 out of 150 emissary cashes? across multiple characters?

I'm sure this response is beating a dead horse but rng is rng.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    probably buying chests from illegal chinese sellers

Nope, normal for me and everyone I've spoken to recently. And there's been a lot of legendary talk, as the new ones came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I haven't gotten a single legendary since 7.2.5, and I only have 3 for my main spec. Probably bad luck, but I saw a thread speculating that bad luck protection was reset - I'd definitely believe that.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Your math is suspicious. What do you mean 1 out of 150 emissary cashes? across multiple characters?
    Yes, Multiple characters.

Well, I have about 75 legendaries across my 12 toons, and about 70% from them are from the emissary quest I do daily on them.
    I also noticed that I didn't get any legendaries every few days across my chars as I used to, but last sunday I got 6 on the very same day.
    While everything is prone to luck and RNG, I think what happened is that some patch or hotfix reset the bad luck protection on many chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Yeah I haven't gotten a single legendary since 7.2.5, and I only have 3 for my main spec. Probably bad luck, but I saw a thread speculating that bad luck protection was reset - I'd definitely believe that.
    If it was reset. Then you would be more likely to receive a legendary than not.

This only started with 7.2.5 so I assume it is an oversight or a bug.

if it was reset to the lowest chance you could get then no you would not..

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, I have about 75 legendaries across my 12 toons, and about 70% from them are from the emissary quest I do daily on them.
    I also noticed that I didn't get any legendaries every few days across my chars as I used to, but last sunday I got 6 on the very same day.
    While everything is prone to luck and RNG, I think what happened is that some patch or hotfix reset the bad luck protection on many chars.
    I had a similar thing in 7.1.5 where I got 8 Legendaries from caches and then another 6 in my next opening.
    That was with the buff to the drop rates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Yes, Multiple characters.
    RNG is RNG and since you open on difference characters, their individual BLP may make it look worse than it is. Open the same number on ONE character in the same lootspec, then we can talk nerf to droprates.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    if it was reset to the lowest chance you could get then no you would not..
    7.1.5 Blue Post.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3149009?page=3

This no longer seems to be the case, but there was no mention of changes in 7.2.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    RNG is RNG and since you open on difference characters, their individual BLP may make it look worse than it is. Open the same number on ONE character in the same lootspec, then we can talk nerf to droprates.
    Exactly the point. "individual BLP"
    Which means that the likelihood of getting a single Legendary across 12 characters is a lot higher than getting on a single character who already has 10+.

- - - Updated - - -

If they reset the BLP then it is going to take a month or 2 to get it back to where it used to be.
    Or even the same duration from when they got their first Legendary.

Deleted
    Exactly the point. "individual BLP"
    Which means that the likelihood of getting a single Legendary across 12 characters is a lot higher than getting on a single character who already has 10+.
    Not always.

Let's pretend there is a point system. For the sake of simplicity, let's say 10 points to get a legendary, 1 point per cache opened, 2 on a crit (aka RNG).
    Patchday comes and you are reset to 0 BLP in both these cases.
    You open 90 caches on one character in the same spec, no crits, you will get 9 legendaries. Done deal, perfect droprate.
    If you instead open 9 caches each on 10 characters, no crits, they all end up one point below the legendary drop. You get 0 legendaries, OMG DROPRATE NERFED!

With RNG involved (crit), sure, you might in theory get lucky before the 10th cache, but with the info you've given it's not enough to say droprates have been altered in any way.

If they reset the BLP then it is going to take a month or 2 to get it back to where it used to be.
    Or even the same duration from when they got their first Legendary.
    Well, yes, just doing the dailies and one or two m+ per week means you get a legendary about every 4-5 weeks. So when it was reset halfway through then it would take 6-8 weeks instead for your next legendary to drop.

Well, yes, just doing the dailies and one or two m+ per week means you get a legendary about every 4-5 weeks. So when it was reset halfway through then it would take 6-8 weeks instead for your next legendary to drop.
    Sigh. That is 1 hell of a inconvenience for everyone.
    Reset to Zero without warning.

Let's hope this doesn't happen in any patches going forward.
    There is not a single reason for this to have been done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    With RNG involved (crit), sure, you might in theory get lucky before the 10th cache, but with the info you've given it's not enough to say droprates have been altered in any way.
    My sample size is 2100+ Emissary Caches and 1000+ Legionfall Recompenses.
    I am sure to notice when something is wrong which does seem to be the case.

Hmm, I think that I got three legendaries last week (the two new ones for my spec + 1 for offspec since I got the max for ret) within 4 playing hours.

In that time I just completed normal ToS (got lege there from the 6th boss kill), opened 7 legionfall caches (also lege here from the 6th cache), completed and opened 4 emissary caches, opened additional legion cache (1) and got legendary.

Sigh. That is 1 hell of a inconvenience for everyone.
    Reset to Zero without warning.

Let's hope this doesn't happen in any patches going forward.
    There is not a single reason for this to have been done.
    Well it's just what I guess that happened. Might be simple RNG after all.

Deleted
    My sample size is 2100+ Emissary Caches and 1000+ Legionfall Recompenses.
    I am sure to notice when something is wrong which does seem to be the case.
    Since patch 7.2.5 or since Legion Launch?

If since launch, I think you need to read the last paragraph of the link you posted earlier.

Well it's just what I guess that happened. Might be simple RNG after all.
    Seems plausible and something the devs could do by accident.