Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Gung-ho cops side with the rapist, rape victim commits suicide

This is what it is like for a rape victim if your rapist is a rich and powerful man.

The family of an Alabama honors student who was, “mistreated by Tuscaloosa police, the university, and DCH Regional Medical Center” before committing suicide, will be suing the University of Alabama.

Megan Rondini, a 3.8 GPA student who had received a coveted spot in a special MBA program for high achievers in STEM fields, hanged herself in February 2016 after allegedly being raped by “one of the wealthiest men in Tuscaloosa,” according to Buzzfeed.

“Megan couldn’t remember how she ended up in Sweet T’s white Mercedes on the way to his ornate mansion, decorated with his choicest hunting conquests, from massive-tusked elephant and wide-mouthed hippo heads to taxidermied lions and leopards,” reported Buzzfeed.

“Sweet T” was an alias of T.J. Bunn, Jr. of the ST Bunn Construction family, who claim to have paved every street in Tuscaloosa.

“‘Was it consensual?’ Megan’s friend asked her when she picked her up that night, the friend told investigators. ‘Like, did you want to?’ No, Megan told her. She didn’t.”

“That’s why they went to the hospital for a forensic exam, even though it was the middle of the night and Megan had just run away from Sweet T’s mansion by climbing out of his second-story window. Afterward, instead of going to sleep, she met with law enforcement for an interview,” said Buzzfeed “Megan never imagined that she would soon be cast as a criminal, or that investigators would view Sweet T — really T.J. Bunn Jr., son of an influential Tuscaloosa family — as the true victim.” Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happened.

“Bunn has sandy brown hair, a boyish face, and a preppy wardrobe: The night he picked Megan up, he was wearing khakis and brown alligator shoes. He’s sometimes referred to as an ’employee’ of ST Bunn Construction, but it’s unclear what he does there,” Buzzfeed wrote. “A 2012 Tuscaloosa News profile published after former governor Bentley appointed Bunn to Alabama’s Conservation Advisory Board focuses on his many hunting accomplishments — he’s even killed the African ‘big five’ — but there’s not much other information about him available, other than records relating to a 2013 DUI arrest.”

Records reveal Bunn sued the director of the Alabama Department of Public Safety after his driving privileges were taken away, claiming he would ‘suffer irreparable harm’ if his license was suspended because he would be ‘unable to drive to work and will lose his job’ at the family business. Naturally, Bunn got his license back.

“Megan was loved by everyone who came in contact with her. Her loss is everyone’s loss. Title IX, the University of Alabama, the Tuscaloosa Sheriff’s department and the overall judicial system in Tuscaloosa let her down on every level,” Birmingham lawyer Leroy Maxwell, Jr. — who represents the victim’s parents, said. “Through litigation our firm is committed to doing everything in our power to shine a light on Tuscaloosa’s systemic problem with sexual assault.”

“Bunn insisted he and Megan had consensual sex. In a statement provided by his lawyer, Bunn reiterated that he was never charged with a crime and said it would be ‘improper to say anything further about a young woman, who was clearly troubled, that could cause pain for a family dealing with grief,’” Buzzfeed reported. “Under Alabama’s archaic rape law, victims must prove they ‘earnestly’ resisted their attackers, and the investigator who interviewed Megan quickly decided she hadn’t fought back against Bunn — she hadn’t ‘kicked him or hit him,’ he explained. His investigation would conclude that no rape occurred. But he didn’t stop there. Instead, he started building a case against Megan, questioning her for multiple crimes she wasn’t even aware she had committed.”

Buzzfeed also iscovered that in Tuscaloosa, only 10 cases out of 98 sexual assault reports in 2016 were heard by a grand jury, and 12 out of 124 from 2015.

So not only are they only hearing about 10% of sexual assault cases, the cops bully the victims if the alleged assailant is wealthy and powerful.
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/0...ealthy-rapist/

Well, I wish I knew exactly what happened that night, then I would know if he were guilty or not.

I'm sorry she took her life, she sounds nice.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And now post the article about the other side of the story
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    There's probably a whole lot more to this story than just the glimpse that Buzzfeed is letting out.

Can't say anything since I don't know what happened that night,but a shame that she killed herself,I'm sure things could have gone better

Buzzfeed also iscovered that in Tuscaloosa, only 10 cases out of 98 sexual assault reports in 2016 were heard by a grand jury, and 12 out of 124 from 2015.
    It's ok, rapes are in steady decline, no need to interfere /s

So... she got shit faced and rather then be a reasonable adult looked for a way to blame others for her poor choices?

Boy, the world really lost a winner here.

Wheee!!! An anti-cop thread that only gives part of the details from a terrible source.

Doesn't look like the OP is getting the reactions they were fishing for.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-27 at 03:30 PM.

yeah need more info, i mean asking for proof or something saying she said no or tried to fight back isn't exactly bad is it? there needs to be a line so that you don't end up with the oh wait i was drunk but now i'm sober and i'd never sleep with them, so it must be rape cases. And then there is basic principle of innocent till proven guilty so its up to her and her lawyers to prove she was raped not the other around imo.

that said on this case those numbers are horrible for % that reach a grand jury so something is like fishy and needs reviewed.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

This is such a horrible article. So many things mentioned that make no sense.

Title IX, the University of Alabama, the Tuscaloosa Sheriff’s department and the overall judicial system in Tuscaloosa let her down on every level,” Birmingham lawyer Leroy Maxwell, Jr. — who represents the victim’s parents, said
    What does Title IX or the University of Alabama have to do with anything in this? Assuming everything is as it's presented, it sounds like the only person that let her down was the District Attorney. That's the person that decides whether to pursue the case.

Instead, he started building a case against Megan, questioning her for multiple crimes she wasn’t even aware she had committed.”
    This statement agrees that she committed some crimes, but what were they? Maybe it was appropriate to question her about these or maybe it's not. There is no way to tell.

So not only are they only hearing about 10% of sexual assault cases, the cops bully the victims if the alleged assailant is wealthy and powerful.
    Again, assuming everything is as presented, the only thing proven is that the copys bullied this person, not that cops bullied every victim of a wealthy assailant.

Deleted
    A snapshot at everything wrong with this shit today.
    “Megan couldn’t remember how she ended up in Sweet T’s white Mercedes on the way to his ornate mansion, decorated with his choicest hunting conquests, from massive-tusked elephant and wide-mouthed hippo heads to taxidermied lions and leopards,” reported Buzzfeed.
    Ah yes, if only memory impairment wasn't a side effect of drinking alcohol.
    But sadly it is.
    “Megan was loved by everyone who came in contact with her. Her loss is everyone’s loss. Title IX, the University of Alabama, the Tuscaloosa Sheriff’s department and the overall judicial system in Tuscaloosa let her down on every level,” Birmingham lawyer Leroy Maxwell, Jr. — who represents the victim’s parents, said. “Through litigation our firm is committed to doing everything in our power to shine a light on Tuscaloosa’s systemic problem with sexual assault.”
    Now What the fuck does TItle IX have to do with anything?
    Because, the alleged rapist, Is not affiliated with any college.
    Therefore, Title IX has absolutely nothing to do with this.
    You cant actually expel a non-student in a kangaroo court.
    “Under Alabama’s archaic rape law, victims must prove they ‘earnestly’ resisted their attackers,
    I.e, they must make it clear to the other party that they are not consenting, because rape requires the defendant to know that what they are doing is not consensual.

Sadly the vast majority of alleged rapes are not judiciable, because they do not have any evidence of a crime.

Of course the usual suspects are going to mock the women here : in addition that the culprit is not someone from an ethnic group that it's okay to accuse of rape, ''drunk duh wumin to have sex with her'' resume 95% of the seduction techniques of PUA/MRA/redpillers.

Because I know it's very hard to fathom for people spending their days screaming about ''foreigners raping our wumin'' but in 2017, the typical sexual assault is rarely the only thing that is accepted as a crime by the alt right (AKA, a 100% pure blooded blue eyed virgin is accosted by impure foreigners who rape her at gunpoint) To give a clear example, a molested choirboy would not be considered as a victim with such a narrow definition, since more often then not they ''consent'' to the act : they don't scream, they don't flee away, they don't defend themselves... (the choirboys obviously don't actually consent)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, usual suspects, one simple question. As you apparently push the line ''LULZ, she was drunk, so it's KOOL'', do you think it's legal to booze up people to sign them up in the military or buy time share condos ?
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-06-27 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Of course the usual suspects are going to mock the women here : in addition that the culprit is not someone from an ethnic group that it's okay to accuse of rape, ''drunk duh wumin to have sex with her'' resume 95% of the seduction techniques of PUA/MRA/redpillers.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, usual suspects, one simple question. As you apparently push the line ''LULZ, she was drunk, so it's KOOL'', do you think it's legal to booze up people to sign them up in the military or buy time share condos ?
    I don't know if I'm one of the usual suspects, but I'll bite.

I don't know if it's legal as that would probably vary from state to state. It is certainly wrong to do.

Even states that don't distinctly make it legal could probably find some statute somewhere to charge them with if it happened. This could only happen if there were some kind of evidence that it actually happened. He said/She said will never get a conviction so any sane DA will never bring it to court.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2017-06-27 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo

Buzzfeed rarely tells the truth and never tells the whole truth. A suicide is always tragic, whatever the reason, but when an article starts off by characterizing the alleged victim by her high GPA and the alleged rapist by his habit of shooting endangered animals, their biases are clear.

Let me clear up the meaning of the word "rape" because it has somehow bean mangled over the years.

Rape: Grabbing someone, beating or forcing them into submission, or heavily drugging them. Then forcefully having your way with them.

Not Rape: Girl willingly goes home with a guy, not drunk or willfully drunk ( willfully drunk means she chooses to drink and thus accepts the consequences ) has sex with him, then changes her mind. To get out of looking like a slut or having to deal with a guy she later decides she doesn't like, claims "rape".

I am going to guess scenario two happened, and she had such a temper tantrum that people wouldn't believe her story she decided to kill herself. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Most of the women who claim they got raped by foreigners also tended to be drunk when it happened.

It's a pretty common theme for drunk women to claim rape after the facts.
    Nice misogyny. Any more women-hating lies to spread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Let me clear up the meaning of the word "rape" because it has somehow bean mangled over the years.

Rape: Grabbing someone, beating or forcing them into submission, or heavily drugging them. Then forcefully having your way with them.
    No, it's intercourse without consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Has nothing to do with misogyny. It's just how it is, and I'm not really expressing or clear on how I feel about that myself.
    Yeah, it does because it's bullshit peddled as truth by misogynistic assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post

Not Rape: Girl willingly goes home with a guy, not drunk or willfully drunk ( willfully drunk means she chooses to drink and thus accepts the consequences ) has sex with him, then changes her mind. To get out of looking like a slut or having to deal with a guy she later decides she doesn't like, claims "rape".

I am going to guess scenario two happened, and she had such a temper tantrum that people wouldn't believe her story she decided to kill herself. Oh well.
    So if you go home with a dude to get a few drinks, hang out a bit, but end up with a dick in your butt because you "drank too much", then you weren't raped? You were drunk so you clearly were willing to get that dick in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

Because I know it's very hard to fathom for people spending their days screaming about ''foreigners raping our wumin'' but in 2017, the typical sexual assault is rarely the only thing that is accepted as a crime by the alt right (AKA, a 100% pure blooded blue eyed virgin is accosted by impure foreigners who rape her at gunpoint) To give a clear example, a molested choirboy would not be considered as a victim with such a narrow definition, since more often then not they ''consent'' to the act : they don't scream, they don't flee away, they don't defend themselves... (the choirboys obviously don't actually consent)

- - - Updated - - -

Considering all the other buzzwords you used, I'm surprised you didn't squeeze in a "(((globalists)))" in there somewhere.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't seem to be a popular concept on these forums.