Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i didn't do that. I'm in Kingsmouth already, but i'll just take the portal and get back to Agartha and see what happens.
    I think it's enabled from the first entry to Agartha, not just in Agartha. Not that it matters :P

There is no way anyone could buy enough keys to open all the caches that drop in this holy shit
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I think it's enabled from the first entry to Agartha, not just in Agartha. Not that it matters :P
    Perfect. Will check tonight when i'm at home. I want to ditch the Assault Rifle as soon as possible since it feels clunky (but it's my secondary) and switch to Chaos magic - dunno if i'll use blood as primary or Chaos, but the starter AoE of Blood is both cool and effective for leveling
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Do you know if gadgets upgrade later or what? cause atm I got this lvl 1 drone that does like 2 dmg and I have yet to find any decent ones otherwise.
    I have not run into any upgrading for gadgets, myself. I had terrible luck with them in beta, and continue to have bad luck now

-----
    Hoping patron benefits get improved in the passive department.
    I'd love bonus XP on weapon upgrades, perhaps higher chance for gear instead of distills in dungeon content, etc.
    I'm fine with $45 worth of cache keys a month though. Haven't got a legendary satchel yet, but here's hoping.

Day off! Time for a day full of Secret World!

2 hour downtime for patch. Because OF COURSE.

Guess I'll go productive for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Seems people in Reddit are starting to speak out against funcom for their restrictive game and useless sub. That didn't take long.
    Well don't monetize the game to stupid heights and people wouldn't be pissed at them.

Deleted
    Perfect. Will check tonight when i'm at home. I want to ditch the Assault Rifle as soon as possible since it feels clunky (but it's my secondary) and switch to Chaos magic - dunno if i'll use blood as primary or Chaos, but the starter AoE of Blood is both cool and effective for leveling
    Sadly that effectiveness quickly drops :c

Started with a focus on blood magic and while cool, it quickly gets harsh compared to other weapons. Feels like it needs more passives from other trees to truly shine.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Sadly that effectiveness quickly drops :c

Started with a focus on blood magic and while cool, it quickly gets harsh compared to other weapons. Feels like it needs more passives from other trees to truly shine.
    No problem with that. I like long-term planning and even if i know that this character will be very likely broken in some place it gives me the chance to get my hands dirt. Also i already planned to support the damage part with Chaos magic or another weapon anyway, since many things about Blood are for healing.

DAT Sanctuary.

Deleted
    I would like to play the game with a joypad natively. Somehow ESO made me love that convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I would like to play the game with a joypad natively. Somehow ESO made me love that convenience.
    Well, the game UI screams controller in every place. Though a lot of stuff is done by alt+mouse.

So all you current players, is the game worth a try now? Do you still hit that same wall in Blue Mountain if you don't have an optimal weapon set-up with the perfect passives and such?

That's really what turned me off last time, was the soft walls you could hit if you weren't playing the "optimal" set-ups.

Can I even play it yet or is it still in some kind of exclusive state for early access or whatnot?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a life time account and i'm more than fine with the current patron bonus.

Although i'm a bit selfless in that regard and say let them make some money first and get their development going with the new investment, the base game quality should be of high enough quality to keep people around if that isn't there no amount of bonus to patron will aid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    So all you current players, is the game worth a try now? Do you still hit that same wall in Blue Mountain if you don't have an optimal weapon set-up with the perfect passives and such?

That's really what turned me off last time, was the soft walls you could hit if you weren't playing the "optimal" set-ups.

Can I even play it yet or is it still in some kind of exclusive state for early access or whatnot?
    They released yesterday. As mentioned on previous pages, the games difficulty is very easy now. Your weapon choices don't matter much in terms of difficulty, but it helps to have an aoe ability on your bars.

It is free to play, so it is worth doing. At worst you've wasted a couple hours if you dislike it, instead of cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since i'm getting no reply on this in the official discord.

Anyone managed to link the new TSW to the twitch addon (curse) client?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    They released yesterday. As mentioned on previous pages, the games difficulty is very easy now. Your weapon choices don't matter much in terms of difficulty, but it helps to have an aoe ability on your bars.

It is free to play, so it is worth doing. At worst you've wasted a couple hours if you dislike it, instead of cash.
    Perfect. Thanks!

I'll download it and get it set-up for whenever I get tired of FFXIV Stormblood.

Holy fuck how slow is the patcher - i'm currently stuck at 7MB left and it doesn't bulge, hence no playing for me

Holy fuck how slow is the patcher - i'm currently stuck at 7MB left and it doesn't bulge, hence no playing for me
    Something seems to be off, it's not just the patcher, getting into the character screen took ages, and now i've been stuck at "logging in character" for several minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    do the weapons you fuse have to be the same? after the first one we got as freebie i just picked a random trash weapon and leveled it to 20 but it wouldn't let me fuse my secondary.. all i could do it seems was pay real money to upgrade.

Edit: ugh yeah the have to be the same.. i hear reading is good for you :P
    Ye, it's pretty annoying. You get free level 20 versions for your first weapon and accessory upgrades, I believe (at least I did), but everything after that requires you to go through the leveling up process for a duplicate item. Really hoping item quality drops increase as the zones progress, because needing to start from greens at end-game is going to be beyond brutal.

I have not run into any upgrading for gadgets, myself. I had terrible luck with them in beta, and continue to have bad luck now
    That's the little item slot in the middle of your sheet that you get that healing or whatever item for free to fill, right? I can't quite figure out what it's really even for from a design standpoint, and haven't had shit drop for that slot.

Hoping patron benefits get improved in the passive department.
    I'd love bonus XP on weapon upgrades, perhaps higher chance for gear instead of distills in dungeon content, etc.
    I'm fine with $45 worth of cache keys a month though. Haven't got a legendary satchel yet, but here's hoping.
    Dear god yes, patron perks need some big improvements if they actually want to sell new players on them. Offsetting some of the other grinds they've added into the game (item upgrading, sprint/inventory unlocks etc.) would be a good start. The keys are kinda nice I guess, but largely pointless if you're not running dungeons/raids...which given the piss poor dungeon rewards (XP and drops) while leveling don't seem to be worth it.

Well, the game UI screams controller in every place. Though a lot of stuff is done by alt+mouse.
    Ye, they definitely made lots of changes to prep the game for a console port if the PC version goes alright. At least you can move the UI around and resize a bunch of stuff (click the lock icon in the top right corner, or bottom right if you moved the bar below, and you can move the elements around).

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Anyone managed to link the new TSW to the twitch addon (curse) client?
    Nope, but I think only a few mods are even remotely functional right now. Will probably be a week or two before both modders and Curse/Twitch get everything in order.

Probably the same issue that there was on Sunday when they had a patch. 60MB patch with everyone downloading around 30kb/s, their connection/servers are just overloaded : /

You should be able to log in once it's downloaded, it just may take a few attempts, but the game servers themselves should be stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Something seems to be off, it's not just the patcher, getting into the character screen took ages, and now i've been stuck at "logging in character" for several minutes.
    Same here - it finished all of a suddne and then stuck at login.

If you're having slow downloads or difficulty logging in, the usual culprit is too many people accessing it at once. They probably don't have much to mitigate that issue without some more money to lessen the load xD

And gadgets are utility. I have had one drop last night, and it functions as a knockback and damage. Which interrupts any enemy it affects. Worked great for some solo bosses.

And keys are certainly worth it to collectors, and it will have exclusive mounts, cosmetics, and pets. Otherwise, I imagine them being ultra expensive on the AH. If they even can be sold.