Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I wanted to ask you soccer(football) fans. Would soccer be more entertaining if each team had less players on the field. Most leagues play with ten or eleven players on the field per team? If there were less players on the field. It would be harder to play defense. There would most likely be a higher amount of scoring. I enjoyed rugby 7's more than 12 man rugby because of this very same reason.
    Your logic is flawed. I've played against 5 & 7-aside teams that still defend like fuck.

Also the reason Football is the number 1 sport in the World is because games can end 0-0. Each goal is celebrated as if it is the 'winner'.

American Football & Basketball don't provide the drama & excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Your logic is flawed. I've played against 5 & 7-aside teams that still defend like fuck.

Also the reason Football is the number 1 sport in the World is because games can end 0-0. Each goal is celebrated as if it is the 'winner'.

American Football & Basketball don't provide the drama & excitement.
    When you played on a 5 or 7 man team, was the field smaller or the same size?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    When you played on a 5 or 7 man team, was the field smaller or the same size?
    It would have to be smaller otherwise you wouldn't last 30mins running up and down the field
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-06-27 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typo

Fucking Redmond.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Fucking Redmond.
    It should have never gone to PKs to be honest. Germany had almost 40 shots....

Spain Italy coming up next should be good

Deleted
    I wanted to ask you soccer(football) fans. Would soccer be more entertaining if each team had less players on the field. Most leagues play with ten or eleven players on the field per team? If there were less players on the field. It would be harder to play defense. There would most likely be a higher amount of scoring. I enjoyed rugby 7's more than 12 man rugby because of this very same reason.
    Considering that Rugby is played with either 13 men or 15 men, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

England and penalties
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Germany vs Spain in the final

Someone will pick up Ceballos after this, he is a diamond

Deleted
    English in shitebaggery at PKs vs Germany.

Who'd have thunk it?

"Adrian Clarke on Mbappe. Wenger is trying every trick in the book, befriending the family trying to get that deal over the line."

Give it up Arsene...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    English in shitebaggery at PKs vs Germany.

Who'd have thunk it?
    They've certainly been practicing for the future.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Real Madrid home jerseys are ugly AF. The blue is too light colored imo and doesn't look right.

- - - Updated - - -

But the game is entertaining though. It's a cultural thing: are you American by chance?

The scoreline shouldn't be the deciding factor of what makes a game "entertaining", it's just one variable. For example, you can have a game where both teams press hard resulting in plenty of counter-attacking opportunities, and the game could finish 0-0 or 1-0. Does that make it "dull"? Maybe if you're blind and don't appreciate the intricacies of football.

It can also depend on what league your watching.

Italian Serie A is notorious for being very tactical and boring to some.

Deleted
    My award for most boring football is the total possession game played by Barcelona (I vividly remember Puyol Xavi and Valdes exchanging passes a billion times) and LVG at United.

Suffocation football I like to call it.

However I don't subscribe to the idea of high pressing counter attack football being auto fun to watch. For instance Klopp's Liverpool team I liken to a bunch of headless chickens.

- - - Updated - - -

Aubameyang off to China for that $£$£ ?

Sad if true. Top player.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Portugal vs Chile soon. I'm changing my prediction from 1-0 to 3-1. It should be a high scoring affair.

Here's to hoping Vidal gets sent off for being a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by caralhoPT View Post
    It's Portugal vs Chile soon. I'm changing my prediction from 1-0 to 3-1. It should be a high scoring affair.

Here's to hoping Vidal gets sent off for being a clown.
    I am not doing any predictions, i think the game can go either way. It can be a massacre to one team, a goal fest for both or a really slow game with no goals and extra time. We have one more day of rest time but we lost Pepe cause of yellows and Guerreiro because of his injury. I just hope we win!

there's no way this game ends w/ 11v11

0-0, 2nd period of extra time. Vidal has been the best player in the game, looks to be slowing down though

There was a penalty for Chile a bit ago. I mean, there's never the guarantee that it would go in but the video referee failed. The referee also missed a really dangerous free kick almost inside the area in favor of Portugal.