Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That was an insane race, I was worried a street circle was going to be super dull. But seriously that race was amazing, so many talking points. It was so unfortunate for Lewis his headrest broke, but also made it very exciting that it kept him and Vettel together, although the wrong way around.

I really thought Stroll was going to take second, insane Bottas got him right before the line, but great drive from Bottas to get up to second. Great from Ricciardo too tbf. Some very good drives out there.

And this is why I dislike Vettel, people go on about Hamiltons attitude, but Vettel is a real petulant kid at times.

Do a shoey and Bottas is like... NOPE and hides away.

Well.....
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-25 at 03:40 PM.

Fantastic race. Good to finally see some fire between Hamilton and Vettel.

Fire between them is good.

Making a mistake on a corner and then ramming into the guy because you can't admit a mistake is another.

I decided Renault engines are C-r-a-p.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Making a mistake on a corner and then ramming into the guy because you can't admit a mistake is another.
    And yet, it was Hamilton that caused the only damage to the cars, not Vettel. It's a bit easy to attack Vettel for the immature reaction he showed, but don't disregard the calculated move by Hamilton that actually caused damage. Hamilton is just as much a dick as Vettel. Which is okay, but he shouldn't go around whinging like a princess like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And yet, it was Hamilton that caused the only damage to the cars, not Vettel. It's a bit easy to attack Vettel for the immature reaction he showed, but don't disregard the calculated move by Hamilton that actually caused damage. Hamilton is just as much a dick as Vettel. Which is okay, but he shouldn't go around whinging like a princess like that.
    Hamilton caused no damage, telemetary proves the accusations from Vettel wrong about break testing or going stupidly slow. Even if Hamilton went slow he's allowed to set what ever pace he damn well wishes under F1 rules because he's the leader at the time. If he decides 1kph then Vettel needs to go at 1KPH

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Pro tip: Don't buy French.

Even if Hamilton went slow he's allowed to set what ever pace he damn well wishes under F1 rules because he's the leader at the time. If he decides 1kph then Vettel needs to go at 1KPH
    More or less. The rules say the first car in line can set the pace, but they also say that drivers cant erratically brake or accelerate, or impede the restart. I'm not saying Lewis did any of those things, or anythign else wrong, but driving at 1 kph would probably be looked upon as a violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    People have been saying exactly the opposite when RB won 4 in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

Hamilton was obviously at fault initially. Vettel's reaction was way out of proportion though.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Hamilton was obviously at fault initially. Vettel's reaction was way out of proportion though.
    How exactly was Hamilton at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    People have been saying exactly the opposite when RB won 4 in a row.
    Different Era

Renault Engines are not the worst (That's Honda) but they are miles behind the Mercs and Ferrari engines. It's that neither are willing to sell their engines to Red Bull because the designers of Red Bull make essentially the best car meaning if Red Bull had a Ferrari or Mercedes engine they'd likely be in a position similar to Mercedes were for the previous 3 seasons.

Hamilton caused no damage, telemetary proves the accusations from Vettel wrong about break testing or going stupidly slow. Even if Hamilton went slow he's allowed to set what ever pace he damn well wishes under F1 rules because he's the leader at the time. If he decides 1kph then Vettel needs to go at 1KPH
    If you step off the gas in an F1 car and don't use the brakes, it will break as hard as your street car. So don't give me that bullshit about telemetry. Hamilton was way past the Apex, and yes he can set the pace, but driving abnormally like that? Only the most die hard Hamilton fans will say that wasn't intentional. He break tested him on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    How exactly was Hamilton at fault?
    Usually, when you're past the apex of the corner, at some point you accelerate. But perhaps Hamilton wanted to initiate a standing restart or something...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Usually, when you're past the apex of the corner, at some point you accelerate. But perhaps Hamilton wanted to initiate a standing restart or something...
    He was still moving forward when Vettel hit him from the rear. The rules say that the lead driver can set the pace on a safety car restart. If you're going to say that Hamilton broke a rule, then youre going to have to tell me what rule you think he broke. http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    He was still moving forward when Vettel hit him from the rear. The rules say that the lead driver can set the pace on a safety car restart. If you're going to say that Hamilton broke a rule, then youre going to have to tell me what rule you think he broke. http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110
    What about Article 39.5 of the Formula 1 sporting regulations:
    No car may be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person at any time whilst the safety car is deployed. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.
    Or what about Article 39.13:
    When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be sent to all teams via the official messaging system and the car's orange lights will be extinguished. This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.
    At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.
    In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
    As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and, other than on the last lap of the race, replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line.
    Btw Lewis is such a joke: "guys, think about the children! Seb, lets have a fist fight like real men do!" What a hypocrite ...
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2017-06-27 at 09:37 PM.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    What about Article 39.5 of the Formula 1 sporting regulations:

Or what about Article 39.13:
    The FIA has already said that Lewis wasn't guilty of any of those things. What evidence do you have that contradits those findings?

The FIA studying the telemetry think that Hamilton was not at fault, also that his driving was consisent across safety car periods in that corner. Vettel got caught out resulting in a minor incident and then he lost his cool, all the blame on Hamilton is based on people using their perception of the footage and coming to the conclusion that they know better than the FIA who have clear evidence to the finest detail of what Hamilton/Vettel did or did not do.

It's pointless to really argue about it, I think Vettel got away lightly with his road rage, they could have easily disqualified him for that like they did with Schumacher in the past, who had a bit of a road rage tendancy. More interested in just seeing the rest of this season unfold though to be honest, Baku is behind us.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The FIA studying the telemetry think that Hamilton was not at fault, also that his driving was consisent across safety car periods in that corner. Vettel got caught out resulting in a minor incident and then he lost his cool, all the blame on Hamilton is based on people using their perception of the footage and coming to the conclusion that they know better than the FIA who have clear evidence to the finest detail of what Hamilton/Vettel did or did not do.

It's pointless to really argue about it, I think Vettel got away lightly with his road rage, they could have easily disqualified him for that like they did with Schumacher in the past, who had a bit of a road rage tendancy. More interested in just seeing the rest of this season unfold though to be honest, Baku is behind us.
    The way i see it, Hamilton is trying to play his dirty games like he did with Rosberg, but in contrast to him Vettel is not the kind of guy to put up with this. Hopefully Lewis will one day understand that he has to show respect to his opponents, including his teammate, even if he thinks - rightfully or not - that he is best driver in the field.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

I'm having a hard time understanding the loops people are jumping through to defend Vettel here. Not a single driver or ex-driver has defended him, not a single driver or ex-driver has said Lewis has done anything. The FIA report shows that Lewis neither accelerated or deccelerated, he maintained a speed and Vettel has accelerated expecting Lewis to do the same. It even stated that Lewis did the exact same thing during the first safety car earlier, so Vettel is just trying to play mindgames, has lost horribly and then somehow freaked out over it? It's stupid.

On top of that Jean Todt has called a meeting to discuss further action against Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Pro tip: Don't buy French.
    I can live with that motto, right there (My brother bought a 207, and its already causing him headaches! )